• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I live in MA and our Governor has done a great job. You may not like Cuomo because of what he did to the Fairgrounds but he’s doing what’s best for the health of New Yorker’s even if it’s at the expen

NY, NJ, Mass and CT are the only states in the US that have death rates over 1,000 per million people. The US as a whole is around 400 per million people. NY had an absolutely disastrous response to C

I am considered a high risk for the virus as I am a 3 time Cancer survivor with Diabetes & only one lung......I was at Chatham Speedway in Lousiana for 2 solid weeks in late May around THOUSANDS o

5 hours ago, inthecuse said:

Wait a minute. Now you want to take covid seriously?

Now you're saying super restrictive measures are a good thing when you drove you and your family all the way from Mass to Florida and back for a family vacation during March at the time the goal was to flatten the curve and stay at home?ūüėā

Ever notice that many of the people who think Cuomo is doing such a great job , do not have to live in NY?¬† ¬†ūüėé

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
20 hours ago, racer80 said:

George, When I was @ Volusia to pick up the trailer & head to Iouisiana in late May I was told that there was a distinct possibility of SDW being moved to Volusia & that we should maybe bring the trailer back there because of it

While that could happen. I don't see it..  Super Dirt Week is a New York thing... not sure everyone is willing to travel that far to make it happen. I don't see that working...

• Like 2

SDW is the week because of all the support classes, if its moved elsewhere it will not be a week. It will only be a weekend.

I really don't see too many cars going down. If the border is still closed, you'll be lucky to see a full field of 358's. Can't see too many prostocks headed far away either. The sportsman field will be trimmed considerably too.

If it's not in NYS, I'd rather just skip putting the fake name on an event that is not even close to being what it's supposed to be.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, valleyfan said:

I heard that Eldora is being considered for SDW 2020 because Florida is currently a mess with Covid 19 and the poor leadership in Florida just doesn’t get it. I would go to Eldora but not Volusia.

Eldora has cancelled the King’s Royal and is almost assuredly going to cancel the World in the coming weeks, but yeah, they’re totally going to have a week long show full of divisions that don’t run in Western Ohio. 

• Haha 3
18 hours ago, con7 said:

NY, NJ, Mass and CT are the only states in the US that have death rates over 1,000 per million people. The US as a whole is around 400 per million people. NY had an absolutely disastrous response to COVID including an absurd nursing home policy that led to thousands of deaths. But sure, he's doing fine now....

I heard a news report stating that NJ covid cases experienced a sharp rise last week. Despite the strict social distancing and mask requirements, NJ cases continue to climb. So if the number of cases go down, the mask proponents say "see that's proof masks work".  If the cases go up the masks proponents say "the number of cases would have be higher if masks were not mandated"  Up, down it doesn't matter.  Most of the people that think Cuomo is doing a good job are most likely part-time NY'er and snowbirds that live in Florida and collect a NYS pension.  WRG should move SDW to Eldora permanently, NY is becoming more and more business unfriendly everyday.

• Like 1

The difficult part for race tracks and other non-essential businesses is if Cuomo knows he's going to get a federal bailout for all of the lost sales and income tax revenue lost, Cuomo has no urgency to let those businesses open back up.    One can also argue that many of those businesses may never open back up with this prolonged shutdown.

Basically it's a lose-lose situation for us race fans.

18 minutes ago, atlkevin said:

I heard a news report stating that NJ covid cases experienced a sharp rise last week. Despite the strict social distancing and mask requirements, NJ cases continue to climb. So if the number of cases go down, the mask proponents say "see that's proof masks work".  If the cases go up the masks proponents say "the number of cases would have be higher if masks were not mandated"  Up, down it doesn't matter.  Most of the people that think Cuomo is doing a good job are most likely part-time NY'er and snowbirds that live in Florida and collect a NYS pension.  WRG should move SDW to Eldora permanently, NY is becoming more and more business unfriendly everyday.

It will never get the same fan attendance or car count outside of New York. 

15 minutes ago, atlkevin said:

Most of the people that think Cuomo is doing a good job are most likely part-time NY'er and snowbirds that live in Florida and collect a NYS pension.  WRG should move SDW to Eldora permanently, NY is becoming more and more business unfriendly everyday.

That is a dumb ass assumption . I am a permanent resident of NY for 60 years , do not collect a state pension and am very happy with the way the Cuomo team has squashed the virus in our state. Sure I miss the races but this is just a bump in the road that won't last forever. There are whiners and complainers in every crowd but I got news for you there are way more Cuomo supporters than you might realize and he will be the governor of NY until  "he" decides to call it quits.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, JAR1972 said:

The difficult part for race tracks and other non-essential businesses is if Cuomo knows he's going to get a federal bailout for all of the lost sales and income tax revenue lost, Cuomo has no urgency to let those businesses open back up.    One can also argue that many of those businesses may never open back up with this prolonged shutdown.

Basically it's a lose-lose situation for us race fans.

The environmentalists just got their way in California, 2024 no new gasoline powered will allowed to be sold.  I think it's a fair bet to say NY will follow CA, doesn't NY always follow CA?  Outlawing internal combustion engines and fossil fuels, do you guys REALLY think the wackos in NY have any sympathy at all for auto racing?  It's coming.  I think the libtards would like to see as many tracks go belly up as possible. 

25 minutes ago, racermurray said:

That is a dumb ass assumption . I am a permanent resident of NY for 60 years , do not collect a state pension and am very happy with the way the Cuomo team has squashed the virus in our state. Sure I miss the races but this is just a bump in the road that won't last forever. There are whiners and complainers in every crowd but I got news for you there are way more Cuomo supporters than you might realize and he will be the governor of NY until  "he" decides to call it quits.

LOL...NY leads the nation in deaths!  When this all stated Cuomo and deBlasio urged people to go out to broadway shows, ect and not HARM the economy.  Then he said the quarantine would be nothing more than an extended "spring break" Squashed the virus?  Yeah, that's why SO many people are leaving NY, because he'll probably be governor until he calls it quits.    

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, atlkevin said:

LOL...NY leads the nation in deaths!  When this all stated Cuomo and deBlasio urged people to go out to broadway shows, ect and not HARM the economy.  Then he said the quarantine would be nothing more than an extended "spring break" Squashed the virus?  Yeah, that's why SO many people are leaving NY, because he'll probably be governor until he calls it quits.    

He's NYC elected and the only thing he "squashed" were the other states in death numbers. I already sold my business and left this state.

27 minutes ago, slojunk91 said:

I already sold my business and left this state.

Good luck to you. Most of the people I know who left NY thinking the grass was greener elsewhere ended up coming back. Check back with us in a few years and tell us how your doing.

6 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Good luck to you. Most of the people I know who left NY ended up never coming back and say it's the best move they ever made. Check back with us in a few years and tell us how your doing.

Absolutely will do.

3 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

Eldora has cancelled the King’s Royal and is almost assuredly going to cancel the World in the coming weeks, but yeah, they’re totally going to have a week long show full of divisions that don’t run in Western Ohio. 

What is the current status with Eldora?  Ohio speed week is going on this week with fans.  Are they just cancelling everything because of the size of the crowds they draw, or is there more to it? 

3 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

What is the current status with Eldora?  Ohio speed week is going on this week with fans.  Are they just cancelling everything because of the size of the crowds they draw, or is there more to it? 

I’m not sure on Eldora’s status. I’d believe it’s status as most famous dirt track in the nation and their ability to hold at least 3x the  fans of any other track in the state complicates their ability to have races with fans. 

Like many tracks running or not running during the various quarantine regulations, they’ve probably had their liquor license threatened. Plus Tony is pretty cautious when it comes to the virus. That factors into it. 

The only show they’ve had all year is that Stream race they put on in place of the Dream. I’d venture a guess that they might do  something similar for the World. 

Good luck to you. Most of the people I know who left NY thinking the grass was greener elsewhere ended up coming back. Check back with us in a few years and tell us how your doing.

1 hour ago, racermurray said:

Good luck to you. Most of the people I know who left NY ended up never coming back and say it's the best move they ever made. Check back with us in a few years and tell us how your doing.

slojunk91 said:

Absolutely will do.

Really sad that you edited my post. Totally unprofessional . if i were an admin you would be gone.

9 minutes ago, racermurray said:

Absolutely will do.

Really sad that you edited my post , can't deal with reality ? 

Your post is hardly reality. I can name 20+ people who have left and never came back. Now I can add myself to that list.Come back to what?? Democrats, shitty weather, sky high taxes, gun control,etc....You can keep your outstanding governor and state.

4 minutes ago, slojunk91 said:

Your post is hardly reality. I can name 20+ people who have left and never came back. Now I can add myself to that list.Come back to what?? Democrats, shitty weather, sky high taxes, gun control,etc....You can keep your outstanding governor and state.

I agree with the democrats, bad weather, high taxes, gun control.

I am still undecided on the "etc" and ellipsis.

Tell me more.

2 hours ago, racermurray said:

slojunk91 said:

Absolutely will do.

Really sad that you edited my post. Totally unprofessional . if i were an admin you would be gone.

Lol!! Okay.

I'm sick of Leroy and Kevin. You guys hate it so much here friggen leave. Good riddens. Go to Florida and Louisiana the two leading states in the Country with Covid cases right now and climbing. But you'll have your red state rule. And you can go to Volusia or whatever and watch races down there with no masks and no one looking to see if you have a gun or whatever. Enjoy, cause isn't that what people say all the time now, if you don't like it leave it? I'm sick of coming on here and watching you two complain about NYS and how absolutely horrible it is and how everyone is making your life miserable. I miss racing as much as anyone. I watch online as much as I can to support the tracks. I don't like everything Cuomo has done, but our state is doing better then 45 other states now.  

I want to be sitting in the stands at OCFS especially with the new track and awesome talent racing there every week. But I don't take it out on everyone else. Especially those who don't agree with my opinions. But I'm sick of your whining and blaming one side of a two sided coin that has not helped our problem. I remember when shit like this brought us together, now it's tearing us apart. 

Lets stop bickering about this and that and who did what wrong. Lets talk argue about whether Rocky really was trying to wipe out Mahaney after Mahaney squeezed him out going in to turn 3. Let's talk about something anything, but lets stop hating on each other and everyone. Please. I'm so sick of this crap.

• Like 1
On 7/7/2020 at 9:53 AM, con7 said:

Eldora had to cancel the Kings Royal.....

They just canceled the Truck race. Also add Watkins Glen to that list.

Yes I know, but the pits are very restricted to crew and personnel even to the media. It's expensive for one person to take a car to the drive-in. Embarrassingly I don't have any local friends, especially any that would want to go to the races. Since my wife passed away last year its been a very lonely time. It's kind of why I started posting on this site.

6 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

Yes I know, but the pits are very restricted to crew and personnel even to the media. It's expensive for one person to take a car to the drive-in. Embarrassingly I don't have any local friends, especially any that would want to go to the races. Since my wife passed away last year its been a very lonely time. It's kind of why I started posting on this site.

Here is the latest from Orange County's facebook page.

The July 11 program includes the United Rentals DIRTcar Big-Block Modifieds, the slightly less powerful H.O. Penn Small-Block Modifieds, the unpredictable Sportsman, and the full-bodied Street Stocks in qualifying and feature races.

While the grandstands remain closed, in the next step towards totally reopening, the Orange County Drive-In section will be open for same day ticket sales for each night at $20 per adult, $18 seniors, children 12 and under free, and a $1.00 car charge. All unreserved Drive-In slots are open. Fans wishing to reserve a particular Drive-In space must pre-register with the speedway office. Fans may also watch the races from the Infield Drive-In at $30. And arrangements can be made for reserving a table on the Party Deck.

• Like 1