OCFS drive in section closed up by the state

3 minutes ago, lenster24 said:

Lets go have a peaceful protest in the drive in.....Remember to vote

I agree with the vote portion, but wasn't the whole point of locking everything down so the hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed by whuhan virus ?   Now you cant sit in the back of your own POV and watch the races ? this is BEYOND over reach 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Malta, no spectators next week. Must be listed as a crew member. I had a feeling it it would be my swan song with what happened with Fonda.  Consider myself fortunate to have seen any racing this season. Thank you Lyle and all the Malta staff!

• Like 1

Closing the drive in seems like absurd overreach. I get the concern about  people being packed in a grandstand (although central pa has been doing it for 6 weeks) but people showing up to watch in their cars? 

3 hours ago, con7 said:

Closing the drive in seems like absurd overreach. I get the concern about  people being packed in a grandstand (although central pa has been doing it for 6 weeks) but people showing up to watch in their cars? 

If  the majority race fans in PA were  as concerned as you? The venues would have little traffic. At best half full.  Instead they are near full.

One of the many reasons I believe in self choice^^. The government does not need to decide what is best for everyone.

I purchased the season video for Canandaigua.  But I plan on riding over there anyway tonight and supporting the race in person

All I can say in these times is.  If you have the opportunity and abiliity to support your local track(s).   DO IT

• Like 3

The big difference between NY and PA is that Cuomo still somehow has the police in his pocket. Here in PA, Wolf pissed all the cops off a long time ago. 

What happened to the Halmar/Cuomo conspiracy ?? Face it ! The Governor is doing what he thinks is right for the goid of ALL NY state residents. Not just the race fans ! I applaud him for thinking about the whole of NY state. Do I wish the star was in a position to safely open up race tracks......hell year ! I LOVE going to the races ! It’s simply not safe now.....deal with it !

• Like 8
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

And Pennsylvania is going in the wrong direction. I went to OCFS 3 times but got increasingly uneasy because people were pushing the envelope and more and more fans were showing up with cars parked pretty close together.  No one in the pits looked like they were following any protocols.

Wouldn’t step foot at a track in Pennsylvania. I saw the packed stands at Big Diamond on video and no one wearing masks or social distancing. That’s just as much on the track operators as the selfish fans for allowing that to happen. 

If more people just wore masks (and wore them the right way) then no one would have anything to complain about but, you know, freedom.  Forget making a small sacrifice to get this economy and life more back to normal. Saw a story from the Jersey boardwalk and no one on the boardwalk was wearing a mask either and another about some impromptu block party in NYC where no protocols were being followed.  Selfishness and stupidity is the reason why Europe is recovering and America is going in the opposite direction. No one to blame but the people.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, B-Train said:

And Pennsylvania is going in the wrong direction. I went to OCFS 3 times but got increasingly uneasy because people were pushing the envelope and more and more fans were showing up with cars parked pretty close together.  No one in the pits looked like they were following any protocols.

Wouldn’t step foot at a track in Pennsylvania. I saw the packed stands at Big Diamond on video and no one wearing masks or social distancing. That’s just as much on the track operators as the selfish fans for allowing that to happen. 

If more people just wore masks (and wore them the right way) then no one would have anything to complain about but, you know, freedom.  Forget making a small sacrifice to get this economy and life more back to normal. Saw a story from the Jersey boardwalk and no one on the boardwalk was wearing a mask either and another about some impromptu block party in NYC where no protocols were being followed.  Selfishness and stupidity is the reason why Europe is recovering and America is going in the opposite direction. No one to blame but the people.

It's a simple request really. It's so you don't get your spittle on me, like driving at dusk with your lights on. It's so I can see you. Protest Taxes, protest 200 dollar cable, protest 12 dollar cigarettes. There is no Constitutional right that defends you to make me sick,  just saying. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, JazzyJeff89 said:

It's a simple request really. It's so you don't get your spittle on me, like driving at dusk with your lights on. It's so I can see you. Protest Taxes, protest 200 dollar cable, protest 12 dollar cigarettes. There is no Constitutional right that defends you to make me sick,  just saying. 

If you are wearing yours.   It should not matter .  Your mask will protect you from others😄

I do wear mine where it is required for service

• Thanks 2
12 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

What happened to the Halmar/Cuomo conspiracy ?? Face it ! The Governor is doing what he thinks is right for the goid of ALL NY state residents. Not just the race fans ! I applaud him for thinking about the whole of NY state. Do I wish the star was in a position to safely open up race tracks......hell year ! I LOVE going to the races ! It’s simply not safe now.....deal with it !

So you think it is not safe.

But you attend the races anyway. 😄🙄

1 hour ago, leroy said:

If you are wearing yours.   It should not matter .  Your mask will protect you from others😄

I do wear mine where it is required for service

I hope that is just an attempt at humor since anyone with a brain should know by now that the mask is meant to protect others not yourself. Which is why not wearing one is inconsiderate and selfish.

• Like 10
6 hours ago, JazzyJeff89 said:

Anytime someone says, just saying, I automatically think that you are a 12 year old girl who has no common sense. No matter what you said in the rest of your post. That sucks all the intelligence out of your whole message. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, paulgarrow said:

The people who choose to not wear a mask are holding back the re-openings, not Cuomo. 

As soon as everyone accepts wearing a mask, all businesses will be allowed to reopen.

NOPE,  not even close. 

• Like 3

Simple as this, some people believe this and do it this way, others don't and do it that way.  I will do what I believe is best for me, others will do what they believe is best for them. . Aint worth arguing about it cause it won't change. Jmo, but I'd prefer the New York version compared to numerous other states. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, paulgarrow said:

The people who choose to not wear a mask are holding back the re-openings, not Cuomo. 

As soon as everyone accepts wearing a mask, all businesses will be allowed to reopen.

Did you get that from the man himself?   Lmfao. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
On 7/18/2020 at 3:01 PM, zzz said:

so much for larsen getting favs for building ''his'' bridge.

That was humorous ... people stated Halmar built the Mario Cuomo Bridge and demolished the grandstands at Syracuse. Fact check ... neither is true. Gullible 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, B-Train said:

It seems that the anti science, anti-physician, anti-education subset of the population is uniquely American, though. Does Europe have an issue with people without any medical training insisting they know more than medical professionals or people experiencing the pandemic first-hand in emergency rooms?

• Like 8
55 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

It seems that the anti science, anti-physician, anti-education subset of the population is uniquely American, though. Does Europe have an issue with people without any medical training insisting they know more than medical professionals or people experiencing the pandemic first-hand in emergency rooms?

To be honest I saw it in Ottawa today. And sure enough, it was a 60 year old white woman. I didn’t ask her name but I’m sure it was Karen. I’m standing in line with about 10 other people waiting to enter the grocery store. I noticed she didn’t have a mask on but just figured as soon as she was allowed entry she’d put one on. Nope, not a chance. I heard her tell the attendant at the door that it was ok, she didn’t need to wear one. I just don’t get it. The sense of entitlement. These people are everywhere and they are holding the rest back. If there is a second wave it will be the result of those foolish/arrogant enough to think the rules don’t apply to them or that they are somehow exempt. 

As I said before, make the sacrifice now and we can put this pandemic to bed. Or don’t and brace for the continuation of these outbreaks and the ramifications that follow. 

• Like 7
58 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

To be honest I saw it in Ottawa today. And sure enough, it was a 60 year old white woman. I didn’t ask her name but I’m sure it was Karen. I’m standing in line with about 10 other people waiting to enter the grocery store. I noticed she didn’t have a mask on but just figured as soon as she was allowed entry she’d put one on. Nope, not a chance. I heard her tell the attendant at the door that it was ok, she didn’t need to wear one. I just don’t get it. The sense of entitlement. These people are everywhere and they are holding the rest back. If there is a second wave it will be the result of those foolish/arrogant enough to think the rules don’t apply to them or that they are somehow exempt. 

As I said before, make the sacrifice now and we can put this pandemic to bed. Or don’t and brace for the continuation of these outbreaks and the ramifications that follow. 

To be honest, I saw it all over the United States. There were these people in the streets looting, rioting, definitely closer than 6 feet together, and not wearing mask.

The sense of entitlement. smh.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

To be honest, I saw it all over the United States. There were these people in the streets looting, rioting, definitely closer than 6 feet together, and not wearing mask.

The sense of entitlement. smh.

Yes I saw that too. Anyone not wearing a mask in a crowded place was/is wrong. See, it’s actually easy to be unbiased. I beg of others to remove the blinders and see reason. Sadly, I have zero confidence it happens. 

• Like 2