• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.facebook.com/flagmanlarry/videos/10217269535153561/ No words...

That’s the easy way out. Once again pointing the finger at people and claiming racism is not an answer to all the self inflicted scenarios that black communities present themselves. There have been a

Exactly. Years ago it was Rodney King....nobody advertised his past, or the situation that led to his beat down. Nobody covered his continued legal woes after his situation. The guy was no good. They

462 views and 1 reply.  This is why I don’t post here anymore....I guess I should have put the words ‘Fonda’ or ‘Cuomo’ in the thread somehow and then we’d be on Page 7 already...

This man makes more of an effort just to stand and salute his nation (and pay respect to Canada as well) than most of us will ever understand. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, ChrisAkulis said:

462 views and 1 reply.  This is why I don’t post here anymore....I guess I should have put the words ‘Fonda’ or ‘Cuomo’ in the thread somehow and then we’d be on Page 7 already...

This man makes more of an effort just to stand and salute his nation (and pay respect to Canada as well) than most of us will ever understand. 

Perhaps you should of posted on a BLM forum.  Then you would be on page 702 by now. 

Maybe I am wrong.  But I think  that most members on this forum would agree that standing is the proper thing to do?    A good post 👍

• Like 6
1 hour ago, leroy said:

Perhaps you should of posted on a BLM forum.  Then you would be on page 702 by now. 

Maybe I am wrong.  But I think  that most members on this forum would agree that standing is the proper thing to do?    A good post 👍

I don’t agree with kneeling but I understand why people did/do it. I also don’t agree with the people who couldn’t be bothered to remove their cap and continue to carry on a conversation during the anthem. I see that far more often on both sides of the border then I do kneeling. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JohnyC said:

I don’t agree with kneeling but I understand why people did/do it. I also don’t agree with the people who couldn’t be bothered to remove their cap and continue to carry on a conversation during the anthem. I see that far more often on both sides of the border then I do kneeling. 

And don't forget about the idiots men & women who can't be bothered to get off their damn phones.  Forget about the kneeling, there are always hundreds who don't even stand and are to occupied with their digital life to bother. 

Though at a Yankee game last year I did see a father take away his sons' phones and made them stand up for the anthem. They were both like 12-14 years old. He also made them stand and clap when they honored the vets in attendance. Mean while there were still plenty of adults and their kids sitting completely ignoring everything cause their life on the phone was so much more important. It's so sad.  

When your phone is more important then honoring your Country and Vets there is something deeply deeply wrong.

The whole kneeling thing would have come to a quick end if the first time it was done the player would have been sent to the locker room.  Then after the game was over bring him back out on the field when the fans have left. Have him kneel all he wants.  He was there to play football. That's what he got paid for. That's what the fans paid to see. I'm sure there would be a lot less people at the protests if it cost you money to attend.  And charge you $6 for a cup of draft beer while you're there. 

• Like 1

That flag stands for Freedom. It means you are free to do as you will, including kneeling for the flag. I do not agree with kneeling, but I respect anyone's right to do so. I choose to stand to honor the men and women who put it all on the line to defend that flag and what it stands for. 

I will always stand. I also won't go and pick a fight with someone who chooses not to. 

Great post Chris. 

• Like 1

Sadly in this day and age probaly most, if they got let go most would be on the phone to a lawyer on their way out the door. Right or wrong, lawyering up nowadays is what people do. 

4 hours ago, brian moore said:

The whole kneeling thing would have come to a quick end if the first time it was done the player would have been sent to the locker room.  Then after the game was over bring him back out on the field when the fans have left. Have him kneel all he wants.  He was there to play football. That's what he got paid for. That's what the fans paid to see. I'm sure there would be a lot less people at the protests if it cost you money to attend.  And charge you $6 for a cup of draft beer while you're there. 

If I were a coach.  Any and all players who decided not to stand for the national anthem would be sitting on the bench.  Not playing.  And if all or many players decided not to stand?   I guess the team owner would have to fire me.  I would not coach buffoons.  Yes the flag stands for freedom.  But you do not disrespect those who fought. And those who are serving right now.  That is my opinion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
11 hours ago, brian moore said:

Doubt he would of played anyways, wasn't he a back up QB?

I guess the way I look at it is..... just because you are allowed to do something doesn’t mean it’s necessarily a great idea to do it.  Protesting the flag being one of those things IMO. 

I’ll guarantee you the people doing this are turning off way more people than they are getting support from.

The man in the video has huge respect from me. Physical limitations be damned, he’s convicted enough to stand and pay respect no matter what.  

• Like 1
16 hours ago, leroy said:

If I were a coach.  Any and all players who decided not to stand for the national anthem would be sitting on the bench.  Not playing.  And if all or many players decided not to stand?   I guess the team owner would have to fire me.  I would not coach buffoons.  Yes the flag stands for freedom.  But you do not disrespect those who fought. And those who are serving right now.  That is my opinion

I think many share your opinion; it has to be one or the other. If you kneel you are disrespecting the military and slapping the very face of those brave women and men who served their country, making the ultimate sacrifice. But I truly don’t see it that way. 

I support those who have served or who presently serve. I lost a great uncle in WW2 and I’m honoured to carry his name. I have every appreciation for anyone who puts their home lives on hold and travels to a different country for extended periods of time. I cannot imagine the strains and stresses they face both physically and emotionally. I could continue but you get the point; I have a deep and profound respect for the military. 

But I’d be remiss if I didn’t say that there are significant underlying issue that requires immediate action. The disparity in wealth is widening. There remains issues with racial profiling. There remains issues with access to care and mental health. Again, I could go on. 

All this is to say I get why a person of colour chooses to protest the flag - the country in which they reside. Maybe they haven’t gotten a fair shake and I only hope this recent period of enlightenment is here to stay. So in closing my sincerest respect and admiration to the military staff and their loved ones. And also my understanding to those who have chosen to protest the country in which they reside. They don’t need to be mutually exclusive. 

All this is to say I wouldn’t refer to my players as buffoons and rather then sit them on the bench I’d try to better understand their concerns. I’d listen. And as applicable and appropriate I’d support them. This is what’s missing right now - people don’t take the time to listen. They jump on one side of the fence, become entrenched, and then just scream louder if someone disagrees and digs in further. 

• Thanks 2

A complete racial divide over the deaths of people of color by the hands of the police.....the number of these deaths are extremely low, less than those of whites killed by police.....hundreds and hundreds of murders in cities nightly, many of which are children. When do they protest this?? They don’t. They blame it on gun laws and economic inequalities. The talks of ending racism is nothing more than a front to keep it alive and well. If it didn’t exist, there would be no reason why all the cities that make the news nightly are shitholes. We have been taught to stand for the flag to show respect...when you kneel it’s a direct sign of disrespect. Taking responsibility for yourself and your community is the only way earn equal footing. Bitching for a handout or making claims your targeted is nothing more than an excuse for why one cannot succeed.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If this sector of people protesting want to really get some respect.....go clean up your communities....stop gang violence....work with the police to pick up the thugs that belong behind bars....put some actual time and effort into your children’s education....provide a safe neighborhood where business owners don’t have to install bars on every door and window.....focus on an actual family structure....these points of  failure from inner cities are not created by another person, they are not caused by economic suppression. They made it the “hood” , a little bit of pride and hard work can stop it from being viewed that way. If gangs can prowl the streets with guns drawn....they could walk the sidewalks with paintbrushes and garbage bags, they cost far less. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

A complete racial divide over the deaths of people of color by the hands of the police.....the number of these deaths are extremely low, less than those of whites killed by police.....hundreds and hundreds of murders in cities nightly, many of which are children. When do they protest this?? They don’t. They blame it on gun laws and economic inequalities. The talks of ending racism is nothing more than a front to keep it alive and well. If it didn’t exist, there would be no reason why all the cities that make the news nightly are shitholes. We have been taught to stand for the flag to show respect...when you kneel it’s a direct sign of disrespect. Taking responsibility for yourself and your community is the only way earn equal footing. Bitching for a handout or making claims your targeted is nothing more than an excuse for why one cannot succeed.

11 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

If this sector of people protesting want to really get some respect.....go clean up your communities....stop gang violence....work with the police to pick up the thugs that belong behind bars....put some actual time and effort into your children’s education....provide a safe neighborhood where business owners don’t have to install bars on every door and window.....focus on an actual family structure....these points of  failure from inner cities are not created by another person, they are not caused by economic suppression. They made it the “hood” , a little bit of pride and hard work can stop it from being viewed that way. If gangs can prowl the streets with guns drawn....they could walk the sidewalks with paintbrushes and garbage bags, they cost far less. 

Well said, whitey!

• Like 2

Pro players can protest  all they want on their own time.  Not when they are supposed to be at work.

They are getting paid to represent the team.  And the league

But.... Pro players black and white are used to being some of the most over privileged individuals on the planet.   so...     It is what it is

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, leroy said:

Pro players can protest  all they want on their own time.  Not when they are supposed to be at work.

They are getting paid to represent the team.  And the league

But.... Pro players black and white are used to being some of the most over privileged individuals on the planet.   so...     It is what it is

That’s one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is these players have millions of social media followers. Arguably nobody else can so greatly call attention to an issue, given their platform, then them. It’s not about them being privileged it’s about them using their standing to call attention to an issue. We can argue the merits on the issue that they are calling attention to, but this, IMO, is the precipice 

• Like 1

I’m just hoping that all those who are against people kneeling during the national anthem because it’s unpatriotic and disrespectful, are equally offended by those that choose to fly the confederate flag ! The Confederacy seceded from the USA as they were against most of what this great nation stood for. They wanted NOTHING to do with the USA and were as anti-American as you could get ! I’ll never get the rubes that have an American flag flying side by side with a confederate flag !(There’s usually another flag there Also, but don’t want to get into politics).

• Like 1