• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.facebook.com/flagmanlarry/videos/10217269535153561/ No words...

That’s the easy way out. Once again pointing the finger at people and claiming racism is not an answer to all the self inflicted scenarios that black communities present themselves. There have been a

Exactly. Years ago it was Rodney King....nobody advertised his past, or the situation that led to his beat down. Nobody covered his continued legal woes after his situation. The guy was no good. They

11 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

But I was upset to see national news basically bury a news story. . .

Now people are to scared to call someone out for being an asshole especially if they are a different color. 

13 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Not to mention the people being protested for, are by and large complete shit bags. Why not protest for the young black girl that was shot and killed by a gang banger in a drive by? Or the child killed in the backseat of her mothers car in Atlanta? How about protest for the little boy who was white that was shot in the head this week in N.C. by his black neighbor, he was out playing with his siblings? Can you imagine the outrage if the ethnicities were swapped in that case? But Nope, brush those off the news docket.  If they want equality than we should completely dissolve everything affirmative action provides. 

The story that always sticks in my mind is the couple that were kidnapped, pissed on, raped in every way possible, bleached, and set on fire. The guy was shot in the head and his girlfriend was thrown in a dumpster left to slowly suffocate to death after being brutally raped for hours. What did the white couple do to deserve this hours and hours of twisted animalistic behavior? NOTHING.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

Then you have the 9 people that got shot just last month in Syracuse by gang members at a party within minutes. Where's the protest on this? This is just one of the many shootings this past summer.

Then you have the 6 yr old in Syracuse that was shot in the back by his uncle. Why was there no protest about this?

www.mytwintiers.com/news-cat/regional-news/dramatic-video-helps-grand-jury-justify-syracuse-cops-decision-to-shoot-man-who-shot-six-year-old-nephew/amp/

Nobody in the neighborhood wants this type of violence to stop? Sounds like a very selective bunch.

There is nothing to gain if you protest for those people. Nothing for free, nobody feeling sorry for everybody of color. They have a massive problem of crime amongst themselves that is getting worse and completely ignored. Once again it’s all blamed on white people. It’s a fu*cking joke. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

There is nothing to gain if you protest for those people. Nothing for free, nobody feeling sorry for everybody of color. They have a massive problem of crime amongst themselves that is getting worse and completely ignored. Once again it’s all blamed on white people. It’s a fu*cking joke. 

I can't have an intelligent conversation with you about this! 😂

23 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Come to think of it, the best way to avoid having people kneel during the national anthem, it’s just simply not play the national anthem before sporting event. When did that become a thing? Why not play the national anthem every day before you start work. Perhaps before you eat lunch? Hell, maybe you can have the kids recite the Pledge of Allegiance before they go to bed, then pray, and then you can all join in and sing the national anthem!

It's the way that the people holding the event are honoring the country and taking literally a minute to be thankful for the freedom they have that allows them to hold such an event. 

Some people are thankful they just survived another night in their war torn countries. I can't believe it's really too much to ask of someone to stop for a minute and be thankful that you have the freedom to attend a race or football game.  If you're taking hours out of your day or night to an attend an event live, what's a minute to recognize the freedom you have that allowed you to do it by honoring the nation's flags and anthems?

And if you're at home when the national anthem comes on, I really don't think people give 2 craps if you sit on your couch like a buffoon with your hand down your pants and shoving food in your mouth. 

• Thanks 3

There was a protest at a popular bakery yesterday by that specific group as they made a maga hat cake. Bfd. They'll protest that crap but meanwhile Albany has been a freaking shooting gallery. They should be protesting that!! Apparently they dont matter as much as they claim.

17 hours ago, JohnyC said:

I said that people of colour aren’t getting a fair shake. I wasn’t talking about athletes I was talking about everyday citizens. I would say though that in the sporting world the number of minority coaches is disproportionately small in the NBA and NFL specifically to the number of black athletes. 

I'm not sure where you get your information from but everyday citizens of color have plenty of fair shakes. I see people of color holding some very well paying positions (close or more to 6 figures), attending great colleges and universities, and holding higher political positions.

Maybe the problem in the NFL and NBA is the disproportionate number of minorites in the league. Maybe they need to implement affirmative action for white guys in the NBA and NFL. I know your answer is that the best athlete gets the job. Well if that's the case, then what's the problem with the coaches. The best person gets the job.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, inthecuse said:

It's the way that the people holding the event are honoring the country and taking literally a minute to be thankful for the freedom they have that allows them to hold such an event. 

Some people are thankful they just survived another night in their war torn countries. I can't believe it's really too much to ask of someone to stop for a minute and be thankful that you have the freedom to attend a race or football game.  If you're taking hours out of your day or night to an attend an event live, what's a minute to recognize the freedom you have that allowed you to do it by honoring the nation's flags and anthems?

And if you're at home when the national anthem comes on, I really don't think people give 2 craps if you sit on your couch like a buffoon with your hand down your pants and shoving food in your mouth. 

Yawn !

14 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Like I said in an earlier post. People need something to point at for their cause.

This may also be why people have a problem with BLM, when you have black men doing this to a 91 year old lady.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/disturbing-video-shows-random-attack-hydrant-head-smash-of-92-year-old-woman-in-manhattan/2466659/

Sorry the woman in the Staples case was 54 not in her 60s. 

https://youtu.be/ouB8MtTrsGo

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08/11/5-year-old-boy-executed-when-next-door-neighbor-allegedly-shot-him-in-the-head-in-front-of-sisters-958814

https://www.kshb.com/news/crime/charges-announced-in-legend-taliferros-murder

BLM should protest the LeGend boy for sure, the other kid is white, so meh.

• Sad 1
On 8/12/2020 at 5:09 AM, ChrisAkulis said:

462 views and 1 reply.  This is why I don’t post here anymore....I guess I should have put the words ‘Fonda’ or ‘Cuomo’ in the thread somehow and then we’d be on Page 7 already...

This man makes more of an effort just to stand and salute his nation (and pay respect to Canada as well) than most of us will ever understand. 

I saw it on Larry’s FB when he shared it.

4 hours ago, Uncle tom said:

Yawn !

That’s exactly my feelings when I hear that I’m holding back people of color.....if they all spent as much time and effort attempting to better themselves as they do bitching about why they can’t better themselves, there would be no protesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, JohnyC said:

I said that people of colour aren’t getting a fair shake. I wasn’t talking about athletes I was talking about everyday citizens. I would say though that in the sporting world the number of minority coaches is disproportionately small in the NBA and NFL specifically to the number of black athletes. 

If every professional black athlete was interviewed and you listened to each, you would quickly see why so few become coaches. What is the reasoning why the overwhelming amount of athletes who have legal issues throughout their career happen to be black? What’s the reasoning why so many retired athletes go broke soon after their playing days? 

Oh shit I forgot.....white people. We’re the root of all other ethnicities’ short comings. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

That’s exactly my feelings when I hear that I’m holding back people of color.....if they all spent as much time and effort attempting to better themselves as they do bitching about why they can’t better themselves, there would be no protesting. 

Right on. And I'm here still waiting for 1 just 1 thing blacks are not allowed to do in this country and its crickets. Come on.....anybody got something????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Exactly! You can sit on your ass & blame others or get off your ass & do something about it. 

You can get a good education if you put the effort in. Everyone wants the easy way out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People are now brainwashed to believe we are the enemy of everyone who is not white. That we hold everyone back. When you highlight situations that the African American community brings upon themselves, there is no answer as to why. They say your racist. If there is a town full of heroin addict scumbags who are all white....we have no problem pointing out that they are heroin addict scumbags. This is the reason why they have shitty lives. When you point out why a large percentage of blacks have shitty lives....white people caused it and the person pointing it out is a racist. It’s nowhere near equal. 

• Like 3

You know why racism is alive and well today? Cause people like Al Sharpton have to keep it that way. They get rich “fighting for equality”, they wouldn’t have a damn thing to do if it was no longer a problem. 

• Thanks 1

Nope, don't want anything to do w those pos either. Just tired of people not cleaning up their own house, not picking themselves up & getting out there & bettering themselves. Everyone controls their own future. Sitting on the couch blaming others is not going to achieve your goal unless its only looking for handouts. 

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

You know why racism is alive and well today? Cause people like Al Sharpton have to keep it that way. They get rich “fighting for equality”, they wouldn’t have a damn thing to do if it was no longer a problem. 

I never had respect for that pos anyway, but I lived in the Poughkeepsie area when all that bs went down in the late 80's w that girl. What a cluster. I wonder how that worked out. Lost his ass on that one.

People like Al Sharpton, Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, Tucker Carlson, Chris Cuomo, Hannity, Bill Marr. Are just opportunists. They will jump on any band wagon that supports the "character" that everyone sees on tv. There are hundreds of these idiots. They love to make wild accusations and cause controversy. Bigger the shit storm the more they well toss in to it. If there is a spoon they will stir the pot. As much as Bill Marr plays the liberal he will switch on his panel in a second just to stir shit and play the devil's advocate. Carlson and Cuomo will attack anyone for ratings. Hannity, Limbaugh, and Stern have huge followings for two reasons. Their fans want to hear what they are going to say next, and the people that hate them want to hear what they are going to say next. lol ok its one thing but for two different reasons.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, John Williams said:

Oh damn, I walked into a Klan rally in here! Hold up, let me get my tiki torch!

That’s the easy way out. Once again pointing the finger at people and claiming racism is not an answer to all the self inflicted scenarios that black communities present themselves. There have been a multitude of examples brought forward in this thread of things that they control. These issues have nothing to do with others of different skin color. The constant fall back of “look at these racists” is exactly why there is no self reflection amongst certain ethnicities. I have yet to read one “racist” post, nor have I written one. Providing information about how African Americans treat each other, their neighborhoods, schools etc. is not being racist. These are simple observations that anyone with eyes, ears and half a brain can see. My family has worked extremely hard to build and sustain multiple businesses amongst us, lots of hours and dedication, lots of time away from home for some of us. I can honestly say none of us, (my grandfather, 3 uncles, my father or myself) have looked down upon, or stopped the success of anyone in our businesses. We have not determined good workers based off of skin color, it’s based on performance and trust. Between all of us we have been fortunate to have a bunch of good employees, of multiple ethnic backgrounds, and we have had some shitty ones as well. I’m sick and tired of being made to feel that I am the reason others cannot be successful. It’s bullshit. We didn’t get grant money or a bunch of loans. We were not born with silver spoons, we worked. That’s the backbone to success and respect.

• Like 9

Wow. Can't believe this forum of all forums turned to this. What a shocker. These non-racing posts have been up for almost a day now without deletion or bans, so I'll throw an opposite viewpoint and see who is willing to open their viewpoints just for a second. You may not agree with me, but maybe you can see where someone with an opposite viewpoint is coming from.

9 hours ago, rpm72x said:

We didn’t get grant money or a bunch of loans. We were not born with silver spoons, we worked. That’s the backbone to success and respect.

You may have not been. And I see this response a lot. But overwhelmingly White people hold the wealth and ability to make life for themselves. White people hold 90% of the wealth in this country (Black holds 2.6%, Latino holds 2.3%). "But my family was poor, we didn't have money. We had to work for everything." That's great, nobody said you didn't, but that is respected. It's the "American Dream", right? 

Here is what Systemic Racism is, what you all seem to believe is fake. You all have mentioned education which starts at the elementary level. In 1917, Buchanan v Warley ruled that race-based zoning was unconstitutional. So what cities did was move around their segregated schools. Nice "white-only" schools were built in good neighborhoods, while basic, under-funded "colored" schools were built in bad neighborhoods. In order to go to school, you had to live somewhat close to it, and this navigated around the 1917 ruling and ended up creating race-based zoning without explicitly doing it. "But that's so long ago, we got rid of segregation." We did, but that's a start. Because this placed families in certain areas. 

We all love the troops, right? Good people that defend our country? When Black WWII veterans returned from the war, they were unable to get mortgages. Places like Levittown, NY had a rush of incoming white WWII veterans, but black veterans weren't allowed. Around that same time, land developers were often asked to explicitly say they would refuse to sell houses to black people in order to get the funding needed to build. The GI Bill was supposed to help everyone when they returned, but it wasn't created for black veterans in mind. What creates generational wealth? Mostly land ownership. So now they can't own a house because they can't afford it, and must return to rent in the poor inner-cities with the poor schools and worse education. 

Ever heard of redlining? It was a practice that existed for decades that outlined neighborhoods based on how many minorities lived there. Those with a higher percentage of minorities was deemed "high-risk" and it was harder for those that lived there to get the same loans and mortgage rates as those who lived in predominately white areas. A reporter found in 1980 that banks in Atlanta would give loans to low-income whites but not middle-income or upper-income blacks. 

Another example, in 2003, the National Bureau of Economic Research did a study in Chicago and Boston. They responded to job ads in the paper with similar resumes. They'd submit some with the names "Emily" and "Greg" and then similar ones with "Lakisha" and "Jamal". Despite having similar schooling and job experience, the resumes with the white names received a call back 10.08% of the time. The Black resumes? Only 6.70%. Why would that be? But based on name alone, people are refused opportunities at jobs that could raise them in the social ladder. 

I don't think it's as bad as some people say. Our country has made improvements. And the truth is I think it is more rich vs poor than black vs white. But I don't believe our country is without faults. With that being said, I'll still stand for the anthem. I could go on but these are some points to think about. And you can connect the dots on how it affects housing, education, future success and generational wealth. If you read it all, I appreciate you listening (even if you still don't agree) and I hope you have a great day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1