Interesting question, believe it or not this Covid thing has actually given opportunities to travel and cover some shows that I probably wouldn’t of had the chance to.In June I traveled to Indiana for Indiana Midget Week and was instantly addicted to the racing out there, I’ve covered many WoO Sprint and Late model shows this year and also the Lucas Oil Late Models, I’ve been almost a regular at my home track New Egypt Speedway, so my 2020 season has been a season of unexpected opportunities, I’ve only three shows left on my schedule, Bridgeport, BAPS and Wall Stadium I pray next season that we all go back to our regular racing schedules.

• Like 2

When I first read the topic I totally misunderstood the 'to do list".  I was expecting things to get done at home 😆   

Might sound crazy seeing the weather today. But yesterday I put the plow on one of my tractors, chains on the tires, weight on back. 

I did not have a lot of real set plans for this year.  The one racing road trip I can think of that got cancelled for me this year was the March STSS/ULMS event at Port Royal in March.  Sitting in my local grandstands many weeks obviously took a hit.  Took more trips than usual to PA this year.  I try to get a new track or two each year.   And I did go to Bradford for the first time this season.

I will probably go to Dundee tonight.  Which will most likely be the end of my  2020 season ☹️

I've been wanting to see the new version of Susquehanna since it was all updated and figured for sure I'd finally get there this year with all the closings. That didn't happen.

I remember reading results and race reports in the trade papers when I was a kid for Georgetown, then it closed. When it reopened again, I put it high on my priority list because sometimes reopenings are only temporary. But with my schedule, I could never squeeze it in. That got by me again this year too.

I love sprint cars as much as anyone does. I've been to Williams Grove, Lincoln and Selinsgrove, but not Port Royal. With all the idle tracks here in NY this year, I figured I'd FINALLY knock that monkey off my back. Sumbitch has a death grip on me and won't let go.

I've been trying to get to Linda's for better than a decade, yet it still sits on my hit list.

I have been to every World Finals in Charlotte and the preceding event at Volusia in 2004. Covid-19 dropped the hammer on that one.

I was in the crash house getting a tune up when OctoberFAST played out. And as I am signing my release papers, they inform me that I need to go into mandatory 14 day quarantine because one of the hospital staffers that tended to me tested positive. That ended today.

The only thing new that I accomplished this year was revisiting Airborne. I went once several years ago when it was still asphalt and knocked 2 things off my list. I got the track, plus I finally got to see Modifieds on pavement. I missed the Asphalt series years ago because I had just bought my house and couldn't afford to go. Then they covered Airborne with dirt, which meant I had to go back if I wanted to say I have been to every track in NY. I have to revisit Perry and Evens Mills too. Some day I will get Riverhead and that mission will be complete.

What a shitty year,

• Like 1

It was a difficult year for NY based race teams and fans. Our touring schedule had been cut drastically for financial reasons in recent years and getting out of the greenhouse business due to COVID restrictions made things even worse. We had 9 events at the Valley and I am grateful to have had that opportunity. Aside from thinking about all the money that the track lost it was depressing knowing that thousands and thousands of people were unable to make the weekly trip hit hard. Tomorrow afternoon will be my 5th event at Stafford Springs for the year. When life deals you lemons you make lemonade. Between making lemonade and watching 585 movies on youtube so far we have coped.

• Like 1

Indy 500, Kings Royal,  SDW, Canadian Sprintcar Nationals, NHRA at Norwalk,  Port Royal Tuscarora, and  Smackdown at Kokomo.

plus a couple SDS races the Classic, Woo Lm race at Genesee 

We got a credit for the 2021 Indy 500 but being from Canada, Border, 14 Day Quarintine Rules, that might not happen if there isn’t significant changes.

3 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

We only ran 9 races at Lebanon Valley this year so I was able to venture out to 3 new tracks for me, Bridgeport, Devil's Bowl, and Grandview. I had so much fun at Bridgeport that I'm going again in a couple weeks!

We are going to Bridgeport for the first time in a couple weeks. My son’s hockey season is up in the air so we still have time to hit some new tracks.

• Like 1

I had the crazy idea  of going to Iowa Speendway for the NASCAR Modified race, return there for the Xfinity race on Saturday afternoon, then to Knoxville for the All Stars Saturday night, drive to I-34 for the All Stars Sunday, then fly home Monday or Tuesday.  Probably would have not been the brightest move since midwestern thunderstorms likely could have screwed up the races as well as the flights.  It is likely I would have come to my senses before ever booking the flights\hotel.

I was going to save up all the money I was going to make to build my own race team and win the OCFS Big Block Modified Track Championship in 2021. But ya know Covid cut into my income and instead started draining my savings. So I guess I'll just have to wait till 2022 to start my racing career. 52 won't be to old to start a championship racing career right?

• Like 1

Went to the Eldora truck/SDS race last year and vowed to return because I really wanted to check out late models and sprints there. Pre-purchased tix for the late model dream this year of course that didn't happen☹️ Before this year I had been to Penn Can one time,  this year I've been 16 times. I was able to knock off some new tracks from the bucket list BAPS, Williams Grove, and Champion (motorcycles). Hoping for a normal 2021 and to be able to party with my Canadian friends next summer.

• Like 2

Planned on helping my son with his wingless sprint series and going to Afton on Friday nights. The virus put an end to both. My schedule filled up when he found a post announcing a new class of go-karts racing at Champion Speedway in Owego. Old karts, box stock $100 engines from Harbor Freight  and used tires. Never having raced anything before I decided to give it a try. We found a couple of 1990 era karts, bought the engines and went racing. A class that started with 2 karts in June culminated last Saturday night with 35 entries for a 212 lap race. My son had a good season, picking up a couple of wins. As for me, well, my inexperience was on display. But we had fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Charlotte in May...WoO Sprints, Trucks, Xfinity, All Star, 600.   

Late Models in Cherokee and Lancaster.  

Probably would have hit Fonda and/or Albany Saratoga if I went to NY.

World Finals.

At least I got to do the Charlotte.  Streamed a lot of modifieds too.

4 hours ago, TerryO said:

Went to the Eldora truck/SDS race last year and vowed to return because I really wanted to check out late models and sprints there. Pre-purchased tix for the late model dream this year of course that didn't happen☹️ Before this year I had been to Penn Can one time,  this year I've been 16 times. I was able to knock off some new tracks from the bucket list BAPS, Williams Grove, and Champion (motorcycles). Hoping for a normal 2021 and to be able to party with my Canadian friends next summer.

I did Penn Can 4 times this year. I’d previously been there 4 times since 1989. 

• Like 1
On 10/23/2020 at 4:50 AM, BobMiller said:

Just wondering what everyone made plans for that were canceled because of Covid-19.

We lost the entire baseball season. My Wife, my Dad & myself are season ticket holders for the Syracuse Mets, unfortunately the entire MiLB season was cancelled. But like someone stated earlier, due to the lack of racing in NYS, it allowed me to travel a bit. I didn’t attend 1 single race in NYS for the first time in my life. I did get to 4 new tracks though. I went to Lake Ozark Speedway MO for the first time to watch the POWRi Midgets. From there I went to Haubstadt for my first visit, for a USAC Sprint show. Then that lead right into USAC Indiana Midget Week. IMW took me to 2 more first time visits, Paragon & Lawrenceburg. I only attended 1 Modified race, the B’port SDS show. What a crazy year.

"When life gives you lemons make lemonade"   I did exactly that.

Normally I would hit a few NY tracks including SuperDirtWeek but with all the shut downs I decided to explore PA . Really glad I did because I discovered Port Royal , Williams Grove , Big Diamond , Selingsgrove and camped at 6 PA State Parks I probably wouldn't have gone to if not for the pandemic.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jumper12a said:

We lost the entire baseball season. My Wife, my Dad & myself are season ticket holders for the Syracuse Mets, unfortunately the entire MiLB season was cancelled. But like someone stated earlier, due to the lack of racing in NYS, it allowed me to travel a bit. I didn’t attend 1 single race in NYS for the first time in my life. I did get to 4 new tracks though. I went to Lake Ozark Speedway MO for the first time to watch the POWRi Midgets. From there I went to Haubstadt for my first visit, for a USAC Sprint show. Then that lead right into USAC Indiana Midget Week. IMW took me to 2 more first time visits, Paragon & Lawrenceburg. I only attended 1 Modified race, the B’port SDS show. What a crazy year.

I did not go to Weedsport this season. The first year since 1983 I did not attend Weedsport

On the baseball end . I was used to going to watch Geneva Red Wings once er twice a week at least. Did not happen in 2020

• Like 1