Congratulations to JaMike Sowle on getting the Palmer ride.  Some will think I'm crazy but one of the greatest performances I saw one night at Malta was when JaMike hit all the marks perfectly and held off the GOAT Mr. Hearn, to get the win.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Tortelvis said:

Congratulations to JaMike Sowle on getting the Palmer ride.  Some will think I'm crazy but one of the greatest performances I saw one night at Malta was when JaMike hit all the marks perfectly and held off the GOAT Mr. Hearn, to get the win.  

Your crazy. Hearn isn't the GOAT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, macho said:

Thanks for those stats. If thats all modified its better than I thought. 

I'm pretty sure he had some decent success at Glen Ridge when they ran modifieds and may have won a track championship there. That's where most of his success has come. He hasn't quite had the same results at Fonda and Albany-Saratoga. 

3 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

glen ridge should never be used in the same breath as fonda. not in any way shape or form can you compare a corn field vs an established race track. 

I’d add that it’s tough to take stats from a place like glenridge when for years their mod field was like 10 cars. Nothing against the guys that raced there weekly, but idk if combined the field had more than 2 mod wins anywhere else. I do remember Bobby varin winning every time he went there at one point. 

40 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

Damn you guys will bash anything you get a chance at....

No kidding. wtf

Matt Sheppard and Stewart Friesen each have six wins at the 'cornfield'  Maybe those wins should not count? ?  🙄

I went to the track just once.  But in my honest opinion  I had a good time saw a good show that night on a good surface

• Like 2
2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I’d add that it’s tough to take stats from a place like glenridge when for years their mod field was like 10 cars. Nothing against the guys that raced there weekly, but idk if combined the field had more than 2 mod wins anywhere else. I do remember Bobby varin winning every time he went there at one point. 

Rocky Warner won a modified race there with his Crate Sportsman....What's that tell you about the competition

14 hours ago, leroy said:

I went to the track just once.  But in my honest opinion  I had a good time saw a good show that night on a good surface

I've seen some fantastic races at Glen Ridge.  Sounds a little like some folks just have some sour grapes about the place for whatever reason. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

glen ridge should never be used in the same breath as fonda. not in any way shape or form can you compare a corn field vs an established race track. 

How long does a track have to be in existence before it becomes established?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glen Ridge has had it's ups and downs...  Some of the best racing i ever saw was at the Ridge....  24 ESS sprints run a feature with only 1 caution... a 35 lap mod feature green to checkers in less tha 10 minutes...   Some big names have won at the Ridge...

• Like 6
16 hours ago, racer80 said:

Rocky Warner won a modified race there with his Crate Sportsman....What's that tell you about the competition

It would tell me he did better than everyone else. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Palmers are some of the nicest people on earth and they typically don’t venture off the straight and narrow path. I’m surprised to see them hire Jamike. We all make mistakes but the Palmers have historically hired only well polished drivers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news10.com/news/local-racecar-driver-arrested-for-dwi-pot-possession/amp/

• Sad 1
50 minutes ago, jsw14886 said:

The Palmers are some of the nicest people on earth and they typically don’t venture off the straight and narrow path. I’m surprised to see them hire Jamike. We all make mistakes but the Palmers have historically hired only well polished drivers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news10.com/news/local-racecar-driver-arrested-for-dwi-pot-possession/amp/

I don't know JaMike but sometimes people make mistakes. I was listening to the radio today I heard a clip of Nick Saben talk about young men who make mistakes (start at 2:00 if you are in a hurry).

https://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/nicksabansecondchancespresserspeech.htm

I agree with Nick. The way you describe the Palmers makes me think maybe the Palmers are the right team at the right time for JaMike.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly he won the GR track championship, while not missing a single lap. That's impressive

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jsw14886 said:

Maybe you should take up a few pages and compile a list of all the other drivers who have made some bad decisions in the past. Pretty classless for you to post that. It says a lot  about your character. And I never met Jamike by the way. 

• Like 2