Kinda hard to compare lowes and home depot to the local family owned hardware store. But its happening here. I don't believe its way to expensive. Especially considering its in Florida. If it was a track near my house and I didn't feel like going I'd still pay a few bucks more to sit in my recliner, near fridge and bathroom. Wouldn't be to hot or getting  cold or a sore ass. But thats just me. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, dan dan said:

Kinda hard to compare lowes and home depot to the local family owned hardware store. But its happening here. I don't believe its way to expensive. Especially considering its in Florida. If it was a track near my house and I didn't feel like going I'd still pay a few bucks more to sit in my recliner, near fridge and bathroom. Wouldn't be to hot or getting  cold or a sore ass. But thats just me. 

Those comparisons have been made from day 1, and although i've spent countless hours drafting well thought out responses to those comparisons continue to happen.

It is what it is, I've had to learn to not let the negative comments bother me as much as they used to because no matter what I say, unless we say we're basically going to give our product away for $12.95 a month there will be people who way we're way too expensive...

Or that we're "gouging" people by charging the admission gate price to an event for the right to watch it at home... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Fulbrew said:

Since you are our resident source of information on streaming, I have a few questions you might be able to answer.

DV - are there any events that are not included in the annual package?  They specifically mentioned the Nationals, but we're there other events that were not part of the monthly package, like the Kings Royal?  Is the SDS on DV a done deal?  I noticed the races on the DV schedule without the watch link.  I know it's still months away, but that stood out from the other events.

MAVTV+ - other than the Chili Bowl and Lucas Oil LM, do they offer much else for live events? 

DV - right now on the FastPass site (https://www.dirtvision.com/fastpass.php) it only shows two excluded events: Corn Belt Nationals (Knoxville) and USA Nationals (Cedar Lake).  SDS on DV is a done deal as far as I know, they've put it out on social several times. The Kings Royal also shows on the DV schedule without the FastPass logo, but I would assume they'd have put it as an excluded event).  Eldora's site has: "The Kings Royal from Eldora, and all World of Outlaws events, are livestreamed exclusively on DIRTVision.com".  I know a two years(?) ago it was included in FastPass, can't remember if it was supposed to be on Flo or DV PPV this past year pre-COVID but I seem to recall it wasn't going to be in the Fast Pass this past year. 

MAVTV+ - is what the old LucasOil RacingTV, and the change this year is all LOLMDS are going to be live streamed as opposed to only a handful of events like years past.  They do have more offerings - ASCS sprints, Pro Pulling League, some Anderson Speedway events.  Also of note - LOLMDS SpeedWeeks events will be free for all, not just the Chili Bowl mains on Saturday! To me, those three will get me a race on almost every night and are great values. Plus, by not having to pony up for MAV until mid-March, I'll also have next year's Chili Bowl finals already paid for and included in my first year subscription. 

• Like 1
On 1/13/2021 at 12:43 PM, 80K said:

I agree. Way too expensive. Flosports is $12.50 a month or $150 a year. Speed51 is only $80 a year.  Why the hell would i pay $30 for one race when i can get nearly 3 months of racing action? No thank you. 

All of the people saying, well it costs them money to travel. Thats not our problem. Its their business, their problem. Speed51 Flosports and even dirtvision seem to have it figured out. 

"Just cause event was successful, doesnt mean we should change" in short means, we didnt make as much of a profit so we keeping the expensive model. 

I SAW THAT ADD TOO. WHEN I SIGNED UP IT SHOWED I WAS BILLED $150.00 FOR SIX MONTH. I DIDN'T CLICK ON THE SUMMITT BUTTON. I CLOSED OUT THE SITE. BUT 5 MIN. LATER I GOT A CONFIRMATION FOR MY ORDER. TOOK 2 MONTHS AND A LOST OF BULL SHIT TO GET MY MONEY BACK.

On 1/13/2021 at 2:32 PM, Fulbrew said:

Since you are our resident source of information on streaming, I have a few questions you might be able to answer.

DV - are there any events that are not included in the annual package?  They specifically mentioned the Nationals, but we're there other events that were not part of the monthly package, like the Kings Royal?  Is the SDS on DV a done deal?  I noticed the races on the DV schedule without the watch link.  I know it's still months away, but that stood out from the other events.

MAVTV+ - other than the Chili Bowl and Lucas Oil LM, do they offer much else for live events? 

DIRTvison's $300 for a full year price INCLUDES the Knoxville Nationals. IIRC, Knoxville was like $100 or more for all four nights, Saturday was $45 in 2018 when I purchased it. I went in 2019 and 2020 they didn't have it. They included The One and Only event in the DIRTvision FastPass monthly price, as well as the Knoxville 360 nationals. 

DIRTVision has really been making strides the last couple years in their pricing. In 2020, they included both the late models and the sprints on the same FastPass rather than having separate and this year they added the SDS series, which is 25+ races that I'll always be interested in watching. The FastPass price is staying the same at $39 a month and when the WoO and SDS schedules get going, that's going to be upwards of 20 races a month or more for that price along with the weekly action at Knoxville, Williams Grove and Attica if they stay with DV.

The $300 full year plan is awfully enticing for me...But did pick up Flo this year at $150 for the full year, I might be a little more pick and choose with DV and only do February for the DIRTcar Nationals and then pick it up again in May or so when things really get going for all three of the big series.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:40 AM, racer80 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with anyone who feels that DTDTV's prices are too high. $25-30 for a live PPV is more than reasonable when you consider that literally thousands of people pay $50-75 to watch a phony wrestling match....most of the ones complaining on here would spend $100 if The Super Bowl were to institute a PPV

Actually WWE went to a "netflix" monthly pricing model about 5-6 years ago charging $10-$15 a month for WWE network and that gave you access to all of the pay-per-views. 

16 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

DIRTvison's $300 for a full year price INCLUDES the Knoxville Nationals. IIRC, Knoxville was like $100 or more for all four nights, Saturday was $45 in 2018 when I purchased it. I went in 2019 and 2020 they didn't have it. They included The One and Only event in the DIRTvision FastPass monthly price, as well as the Knoxville 360 nationals. 

DIRTVision has really been making strides the last couple years in their pricing. In 2019, they included both the late models and the sprints on the same FastPass rather than having separate and this year they added the SDS series, which is 25+ races that I'll always be interested in watching. The FastPass price is staying the same at $39 a month and when the WoO and SDS schedules get going, that's going to be upwards of 20 races a month or more for that price along with the weekly action at Knoxville, Williams Grove and Attica if they stay with DV.

The $300 full year plan is awfully enticing for me...But did pick up Flo this year at $150 for the full year, I might be a little more pick and choose with DV and only do February for the DIRTcar Nationals and then pick it up again in May or so when things really get going for all three of the big series.

The DV schedule looks really good, but I'm not sure how many actually happen, specifically the modifieds.  I'm 50/50 right now.  7 1/2 months is the break even point.  I need to take a closer look at the schedule and see how many months I really want. 

I probably will not pay for the DTD videos in FL.  I am saving that money for road trips.  As I believe Local in 2021 is going to look at lot like 2020.

However ,I do NOT believe the price  for DTDtv is out of line, and/or too expensive.

I agree with the comments that comparing DTDtv to FLO,   is like comparing  joe blow hardware to  LOWES.

• Like 2

Ok look at this actually while being reasonable. Dirtvision has how many different series races? And there memberships probably are in the 10 to 100 thousand viewers, same with Flo Racing. They also have their own crews I'm guessing who shoot these races for a living. Probably get much better rates from the local hotels/motels.  And are both large corporations. DTDtv is a small outfit and I'm guessing they wouldn't get 100,000 people to order their PPVs. If they did then it would be easy to lower the price. But they have to run a profit, they have to pay people, they have to pay motel/hotel rooms, fuel and everything else. And many of these guys have regular weekly jobs. It's not cheap for the gear, the servers, the internet. I remember when Dirt Motorsports use to do Rush Hour and they had this HUGE ass Satellite set up. I be that cost a pretty penny. How ever DTDtv does it, I'm sure that isn't cheap either, unless the track has a really good high band internet connection they can use.

I really don't see how you can complain about DTDtv. You basically pay the same price as if you were sitting at the track. But you have your own food, a much more comfy seat, and you don't have to worry if it's to cold or to hot. You don't have to worry about the dumb ass behind you spilling his beer down your back. You don't have to worry about the lady in front of you letting her damn kids run up and down the grand stands and all over the place. Making it impossible to enjoy the race. And you don't have to pay for gas to get there or hotel room or plane ticket or anything. I don't see the problem or why you're complaining about it.

I personally think DV is to friggen expensive. Flo an awesome price but now that they won't have the DIRTcar Modifieds its not really that good, though I think they will still have Bridgeport and I think it was Grandview. So I may still get it again. DV I'm not paying anything to them until we know if there is actually going to be a series this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1