More great news for NASCAR and motorsports as a whole. Musician Pitbull will be joining Trackhouse racing with co owner Justin Marks and driver Daniel Suarez. This is the third big name to enter the cup series recently along with Michael Jordan and Floyd Mayweather who’s team will run full time in 2022 and provide funding to spire motorsports in 2021.

its great to see more attention and money coming into the series with new teams. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No amount of stereotypical nascar hate can spin this as a bad thing.  Whether you know them or not, all of these people are bigger celebrities on a global level than anyone in NASCAR currently is, or

Although I have a feeling you are being obtuse on purpose, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. And even though Scott did point out that the internet has lots of good information and google is pret

Some people will reach really far to try to be negative about something. Even if it makes them sound silly

2 hours ago, PatsJags14 said:

More great news for NASCAR and motorsports as a whole. Musician Pitbull will be joining Trackhouse racing with co owner Justin Marks and driver Daniel Suarez. This is the third big name to enter the cup series recently along with Michael Jordan and Floyd Mayweather who’s team will run full time in 2022 and provide funding to spire motorsports in 2021.

its great to see more attention and money coming into the series with new teams. 

Who?? The only name I know here is Michael Jordan.

54 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Who?? The only name I know here is Michael Jordan.

Michael Jordan is an actor. Here is a link: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430107/?ref_=

Justin Marks is a writer. Here is a link: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1098479/

Pitbull is a dog. Here is a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull

Floyd Mayweather is a famous blind cat: https://www.today.com/pets/blind-cat-floyd-mayweather-finds-new-life-bff-sugar-ray-t205834

Daniel Suarez is a famous techno-writer: https://daniel-suarez.com/

Hope that helps. The internet is full of useful information.

• Haha 6

All kidding aside I think this is a good thing. These are people I would of never associated with NASCAR. Maybe Indy cars or something. Also kind of surprising people still want to spend money on something like NASCAR as spectators and revenue having been dropping consistently for almost 20 years. Almost to the day Bill France Jr. stepped down.

NASCAR still races?? The only NASCAR series that I have any interest in any more is the modified series. Even the truck series makes me fall asleep within 10 minutes of tuning in. Even the Friesen running the truck series thing has lost its luster for me. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jumper12a said:

I have no idea what this Pitbull thing is. The Floyd fella, is he a wrestler?

Although I have a feeling you are being obtuse on purpose, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. And even though Scott did point out that the internet has lots of good information and google is pretty easy for anyone to use, I'll help you out and do the work. Pitbull is a Cuban-American musician with a net worth of somewhere around $100 million. He joins the Trackhouse team owned by Justin Marks (who used to partner with Kyle Larson for the Larson Marks Racing sprint car team that ran in the World of Outlaws) that has Mexican driver Daniel Suarez running their car this year. 

Floyd Mayweather is a former boxer with a career record of 50-0 who has a net worth between $450-$500 million. He is planning on partnering with Spire Motorsports (group that manages Knoxville Speedway and is joining the cup series full time for this year) and having his own motorsports team "The Money Team Racing" join full time in the cup series in 2022. 

NASCAR did a great job during the pandemic of welcoming new audiences. They took some risks with their more "traditional" fans, but between their visibility with the iRacing series, their stance on social justice and their new structure for the next gen cars starting in 2022, they have attracted 3 big time new owners (2 of which are extremely famous black athletes and the other is an award-winning musical artist of Cuban descent). As Jack said, not necessarily people you'd expect to be owners in NASCAR or to have any sort of association with it, so adding the fame and money they bring is only a plus for NASCAR's future success. 

• Like 6

The only reason I know pitbull is because they keep playing that fireball song at Cornwall Speedway the last couple of years when I went and the fifty fifty seller danced with the kids to it. But today's music is trash.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:02 PM, dirt54 said:

Although I have a feeling you are being obtuse on purpose, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. And even though Scott did point out that the internet has lots of good information and google is pretty easy for anyone to use, I'll help you out and do the work. Pitbull is a Cuban-American musician with a net worth of somewhere around $100 million. He joins the Trackhouse team owned by Justin Marks (who used to partner with Kyle Larson for the Larson Marks Racing sprint car team that ran in the World of Outlaws) that has Mexican driver Daniel Suarez running their car this year. 

Floyd Mayweather is a former boxer with a career record of 50-0 who has a net worth between $450-$500 million. He is planning on partnering with Spire Motorsports (group that manages Knoxville Speedway and is joining the cup series full time for this year) and having his own motorsports team "The Money Team Racing" join full time in the cup series in 2022. 

NASCAR did a great job during the pandemic of welcoming new audiences. They took some risks with their more "traditional" fans, but between their visibility with the iRacing series, their stance on social justice and their new structure for the next gen cars starting in 2022, they have attracted 3 big time new owners (2 of which are extremely famous black athletes and the other is an award-winning musical artist of Cuban descent). As Jack said, not necessarily people you'd expect to be owners in NASCAR or to have any sort of association with it, so adding the fame and money they bring is only a plus for NASCAR's future success. 

I know who Justin Marks is, which is why I didn’t ask about him. Never heard of the Pits fella, or the boxing dude. Don’t really care about their net worth either. I simply asked who they were. It’s apparent to me that they don’t play pits music on Octane, so I’ll assume it sucks. And I don’t watch boxing. Grown men rolling around, hugging & hanging all over each other, in their underwear, in a ring, isn’t my bag.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, jumper12a said:

I know who Justin Marks is, which is why I didn’t ask about him. Never heard of the Pits fella, or the boxing dude. Don’t really care about their net worth either. I simply asked who they were. It’s apparent to me that they don’t play pits music on Octane, so I’ll assume it sucks. And I don’t watch boxing. Grown men rolling around, hugging & hanging all over each other, in their underwear, in a ring, isn’t my bag.

Boxing and wrestling are two very different things..No hugging and rolling on the mat in Boxing !!!!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Towman said:

Boxing and wrestling are two very different things..No hugging and rolling on the mat in Boxing !!!!!

Some people will reach really far to try to be negative about something. Even if it makes them sound silly

• Like 6
6 hours ago, jumper12a said:

I know who Justin Marks is, which is why I didn’t ask about him. Never heard of the Pits fella, or the boxing dude. Don’t really care about their net worth either. I simply asked who they were. It’s apparent to me that they don’t play pits music on Octane, so I’ll assume it sucks. And I don’t watch boxing. Grown men rolling around, hugging & hanging all over each other, in their underwear, in a ring, isn’t my bag

Grown men that listen to Octane 🤣

14 minutes ago, John Williams said:

Grown men that listen to Octane 🤣

Hahaha..Whatever. Listening to Octane now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, leroy said:

Just about every form of racing has field fillers.  It is what it is.

Not really any sort of big news here

The amount of money behind these field fillers is staggering. The question is, how much of it are they willing to spend to get the teams to the next level. If they go all in then it will be newsworthy but a lot of these types have come and gone before with a ton of hype at the start and not much substance after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ranger22 said:

The amount of money behind these field fillers is staggering. The question is, how much of it are they willing to spend to get the teams to the next level. If they go all in then it will be newsworthy but a lot of these types have come and gone before with a ton of hype at the start and not much substance after that.

Exactly^^^^

A lot of people have money to burn. 

The drivers these new teams have selected alone tells me that they are not all that serious of being competitive, let alone winning.

Either that , or the men providing the money to race really have no clue about the sport

• Like 1

No amount of stereotypical nascar hate can spin this as a bad thing.  Whether you know them or not, all of these people are bigger celebrities on a global level than anyone in NASCAR currently is, or likely ever will be.  Having them involved is a great thing for the sport.  And since they also happen to be minorities they can hopefully expand NASCAR's (and by association all racing) reach more into those communites as well.    

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
13 hours ago, Towman said:

If you say so..............

How long before Michael Jordan decides this losing money thing isn't for him. And yes, I know Bubba's bringing lots pf sponsors.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, chas71 said:

How long before Michael Jordan decides this losing money thing isn't for him. And yes, I know Bubba's bringing lots pf sponsors.

I think he’s involved at least 5 years. He knows what he’s getting into. They appear fully funded through this season with cars most likely the equivalent of the 95 team last year and cost are set to drop a lot for the teams with the new car in 2022

1 minute ago, PatsJags14 said:

I think he’s involved at least 5 years. He knows what he’s getting into. They appear fully funded through this season with cars most likely the equivalent of the 95 team last year and cost are set to drop a lot for the teams with the new car in 2022

Not saying you are wrong, but could someone please explain how obsoleting your entire inventory and having to replace it cuts costs. There will be virtually no market for all the cars that will be available. One way costs will be cut will be jobs since teams won't need a large fab shop anymore.