2 minutes ago, Dustmask99 said:

You’re wrong bud.  We know exactly what DIRT hasn’t done.  Princess was on the racetrack last night, presented on social media and interviewed like nothing happened.

Secondly, it isn’t hear say.  There’s a video.

I don’t believe ER25 went into Max’s pit at LOL and engaged in physical altercation, right?  All of the racing deals are left on the racetrack.

Super Stomper has issues.  Keep beliefing what you want...

Haters going to Hate 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is "losing their mind" or "can't handle it" that someone was punched; the issue is that the DIRTCar rulebook is a complete joke if their own policies are not followed, especially for a repeat o

I dont mind guys punching each other but during COIVD they should adhere to the 6ft distancing rule.

In most cases a repeat offender is dealt with harder than with their first offense. If I recall, Matt was sat down for a few races after his deal with Larry Wight. This time though.... nothing!?!?  An

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

I remember reading an article a few years ago about Danny Creeden saying he was going to call 5 mile his Saturday night track, but later was told by the track that the other drivers didn't want him there on Saturdays. But the track said he could run specials. I'm guessing that was because of all the problems he was causing. He was a BIG whiner at OCFS, he would complain about every other team in the pits especially Tommy Meier. Mean while he would run over half the field. Creeden has changed his attitude some what since then. I think he was banned from Thunder Mountain for a short time also. 

Matt has just been given the keys to the Kingdom and is now running rough shot over everyone. And I'm sure him struggling with his car isn't making him feel any better. 

I wouldn't mind hearing what Brett Deyo thinks about this as Matt runs his series as well. What would he do if Matt did that on his series?

There’s no reason for Brett to address an incident that has nothing to do with him or his series. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, old racer said:

You fellas gotta start driving to give lessons then start a racing  series to show world how to run it then become a judge to show us how to hand out justice  .....Senate could use you fellas today 

Don’t have rules if you’re not going to enforce them.... 

No idea if Matt broke any but if so no action sets a bad precedent.

• Like 2

Max made a mistake no doubt -- whether it was deliberate or an accident or just a cocky guy taking a risk, I don't know. DIRT would have been justified putting him to the back, but I have seen DIRT let far worse on-track contact go without a word. 

But the other thing about Matt going after Max: This was not a spur of the moment, "I lost my temper in the heat of the moment deal."

He ran an entire race, parked his car, marched over to Max's pit area and decked him. That is a premeditated assault.

You gotta think that anyone who has an incident on the track with Sheppard is going to assume there will be a confrontation after the race and will warn his crew to be ready for a brawl in the pits after that. And no reasonable person could blame them for throwing down the next time this happens.

DIRT needs to nip this in the bud now by taking action or it is only going to get worse. I assume the next time Matt marches over to someone's pit area and their crew acts to stop him and beats the hell out of him, that is also going to be totally cool, right DIRT?

If DIRT is handling this on the quiet behind the scenes, that also is bad precedent because it gives the impression that Matt is getting away with this.  

DIRT is the sanctioning body, they run the show.  They have the responsibility to assert and keep control before somebody gets hurt.

• Like 3

I dont understand people praising what McCreadie said and then when it happens now it's the worst thing ever. At least be consistent in your beliefs. Don't let your hatred for Matt get in the way of what you believe in. Sheesh grown men (I assume) crying on an internet forum cause someone wasn't punished even though it has absolutely nothing to do with them. 

• Like 1

It amazes me the amount of people who instantly cry assault, arrest....sue!!! Everytime someone gets punched. There was a time you would go out and possibly kick some ass or get your ass kicked.....if you won a fight you were the baddest man on earth and when you lost you licked your wounds and hopefully fairer better the next time. God damn fairies today.  The dumbest person in all of this was Max.....not for the racing move but letting someone who obviously would be mad get close enough to punch him. You don’t put your guard down in that instance, and if I were as little as Max I’d probably throw the first punch and ask forgiveness later. Chances of him winning a fight are slim to none. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I have no problem with fighting, throwing punches, going after guys who deserve it, but Matt only targets guys where he can get away with it. I know quite a few guys that race that could drive their racecar right through Matt’s garage, wreck every car he has and kick his dog.....he would do nothing but grab a broom and start sweeping up the mess. 

I met MS and family once and they seemed like great people , honest , hard working  and I don't think wrecking his property and kicking his dog would go over well  ( especially the dog  ) no matter what fool was doing the kicking and wrecking .....I think they may grab a jack handle not the broom but hey I could be wrong .....I had a small fella who broke into my house and was in my closet when I got there  with some of my property while back  and his size didn't get him any favors I didn't read the rule book I guess ......

You guys do understand you could have gone to the Super DIRTcar website yesterday & viewed that Matt was placed on probation & lost pay for the night. The rule is explicitly spelled out in the press release. 

• Like 2

I have to chuckle at the MS/9S fanboys on here making all kinds of excuses and praising how tough Sheppard is and now the others will think twice.........lol.  I recall a DIRT series race at OCFS with a number of restarts with Matt in front of Hearn.  Matt repeatedly (and very obviously) brake-checked Hearn.........until Hearn got along side and punted Sheppard into the 4th turn wall......to much cheering from the tough Middletown crowd and rage from Sheppard's pit.  Brett won the race.  Matt had won the pole, so his pit was in the first position behind the wall.  After going across the scales, Hearn parked his car right in front of Sheppard's hauler, and sat in his car, waiting.  And Sheppard.........did.........nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Now you did it! You went and made perfect sense. We're not accustomed to that here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

I have to chuckle at the MS/9S fanboys on here making all kinds of excuses and praising how tough Sheppard is and now the others will think twice.........lol.  I recall a DIRT series race at OCFS with a number of restarts with Matt in front of Hearn.  Matt repeatedly (and very obviously) brake-checked Hearn.........until Hearn got along side and punted Sheppard into the 4th turn wall......to much cheering from the tough Middletown crowd and rage from Sheppard's pit.  Brett won the race.  Matt had won the pole, so his pit was in the first position behind the wall.  After going across the scales, Hearn parked his car right in front of Sheppard's hauler, and sat in his car, waiting.  And Sheppard.........did.........nothing.  

I believe it was Tom Sears who punched him in the face after a wreck on the front stretch at weedsport years ago. Matt wasn’t jumping to retaliate then either. A little bit of rough housing off the track is fine, Max might think twice and Matt may go to the wrong pit at some point, no harm no foul. Everyone is so damn law abiding it’s sickening. Dirtcar needs all the excitement they can get, advertise the hell out of it, cause normally the product on the track isn’t note worthy. As far as a penalty, I was told that Max lobbied for Matt to be able to continue racing, and said he was in the wrong on the track. It’s an unfortunate situation, Matt and Max were friends, Matt and Vic were close, that may all be gone now. Matt even had parts on Max’s car in Florida (Superman logo on the seat). It sounds like neither party wanted any grounding by dirtcar. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

You guys do understand you could have gone to the Super DIRTcar website yesterday & viewed that Matt was placed on probation & lost pay for the night. The rule is explicitly spelled out in the press release. 

Competitor: Matt Sheppard

Series: DIRTcar/SDS Event – Super DIRTcar Series

Event: Volusia Speedway Park – 2/11/2021

Violation: Section 11.0 – Penalties, Fine Schedules & Protests

11.1 – Penalties and Fine Schedules

D. Any member and/or participant that goes into another competitor’s pit area and/or to another competitor’s car and becomes involved in any type of altercation will be subject to penalty and/or disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or legal action and/or any other action deemed appropriate by World Racing Group Supervisory Officials.

E. Any member and/or participant involved in an altercation that results in physical contact will be subject to penalty and/or disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or legal action and/or any other action deemed appropriate by World Racing Group Supervisory Officials.

Event and explanation: During the Feb. 11, 2021 Super DIRTcar Series event at Volusia Speedway Park, driver Matt Sheppard went into the Michael “Max” McLaughlin’s pit area after the feature event was completed. Verbal discussion from Sheppard, escalated into a physical confrontation.

Penalty / Fine:

• Forfeit of all earnings from said event ($700).

• Probation until July 1, 2021.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, racer80 said:

My father was a crewman for Red Knoblauch in the mid 50's when Kenny won his 1st feature @ Fonda in Red's car.....#13 flathead Ford

My father knew Red. I remember me and my father running into him at some different tracks when I was a kid. Back in the good ol days.

6 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

DIRTcar's decision (or lack thereof) says a lot. I just hope the next time someone who isn't Matt Sheppard drives on the track the wrong way, stops a competitor on track, enters a competitor's pit area and then punches the competitor, is treated the same way that MS was. They have now set the precedent for all altercations moving forward at any DIRTcar sanctioned event as far as I'm concerned. 

At our local tracks, you can get suspended just for entering another pit area, let alone pulling a stunt like MS did. 

Max obviously made a bonehead move, but this exact same situation happens at Cornwall Speedway anytime it rains the day before or the day of a race. Water builds up on the bottom of the track, somebody drives in to it and gets in to a competitor or splashes water up on the track and causes a wreck. You do not see people reacting like MS did. 

If they would have hit sidebars, this would had been a totally different situation. Unfortunately Max hit his left front and it shoved the nose of the car causing MS to get in to Britten. 

I remember one night at Malta Jack took out Brett and himself.  Brett was pissed but didnt react like Sheppard did. When they got back to the pits Jack walked over to Bretts pit to let him know that something let loose in the 12a and caused him to run up and into him.  Matt just flies off the handle in a heartbeat. No self-control.

• Like 1

You know what's funny, I've always found those who TALK TOUGH are usually the weakest. We have seen driver's who deserved a punch in the face yes, and no one blinks an eye when they hear about it. But this wasn't justified. Max isn't the first who saw a huge opening and tried to make it work just to realize it wasn't such a bright move for one reason or another. 

Matt should of been suspended for some period of time, or at least given a bigger fine. DIRTcar basically did nothing to him, meaning now drivers know the standard for throwing a punch at someone.  Max could of easily pressed charges and didn't I think that says something. Especially in todays mind set of 

5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

cry assault, arrest....sue!!!

But DIRTcar is showing they will not truly punish Matt Sheppard. I know it's just speculation (if/maybe/and/or/but) BUT I'm pretty sure if it was say Danny Creeden, Dave Rauscher, or Jessey Mueller did that instead of Matt the punishment would of been quick, harsh, and acknowledged on the broadcast. 

Like I said earlier, DIRTcar has no real "set rules" the "and/or" put throughout their rules of conduct are just saying "we have the right to change, adjust, and penalize as we see fit depending on who is affected". But all sport organizations have these clauses, NCAA, NBA, NHL, NFL, NASCAR, and WRG. NCAA is blatant with their none actions against Coach K and Duke. NASCAR for throwing down the book on Carl Long which they tried to say his infraction (which was probably caused by blowing the engine) was worse then Waltrip's team using a jet fuel additive.

It just shows the DIRTcar hasn't set a precedent, its that they don't care. We all know life isn't fair, and today's sports/racing organizations support that theory. Rules are only for who we determine they are for. DIRTcar will have no problem throwing the book at someone else when it suits them.

• Haha 1

Idk how anyone can be so upset at this.  I am by no means a Sheppard fan, but I sure was for a night.  I was appalled that Rudolph didn't at least try to beat the brakes off Max at LoL.  9s giving Max a ride on the ole' learnin' wagon might actually keep him from dive bombing into turns and wrecking other people's equipment, which I'm sure helps Dirtcar and other racers out.  As far as people getting special treatment, welcome to life.  9s is the show and people show up to see him win or get beat.  Such is life.  So is getting punched in the face once in a while.  

• Like 4

I believe Max himself played a huge role in dirtcar limiting what the punishment would be. I also believe dirtcar knows that if they levied a large punishment, they probably lose 1 full time team (an important one at that) and possibly others associated. Deyo has been slowly adding guys to his series that used to be dirtcar strongholds, and now he is acquiring more tracks in the cny area. No matter what car counts and purses say, dirtcar has held strong on the idea that they provide the “stars” of modified racing. Pushing guys the other direction is not the plan at the moment. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Bbach04 said:

Idk how anyone can be so upset at this.  I am by no means a Sheppard fan, but I sure was for a night.  I was appalled that Rudolph didn't at least try to beat the brakes off Max at LoL.  9s giving Max a ride on the ole' learnin' wagon might actually keep him from dive bombing into turns and wrecking other people's equipment, which I'm sure helps Dirtcar and other racers out.  As far as people getting special treatment, welcome to life.  9s is the show and people show up to see him win or get beat.  Such is life.  So is getting punched in the face once in a while.  

What dive bombing? There was a clear lane open Matt was half way up the track. Max went for it, not considering the water at the bottom of the turn. As Max said himself "It was a bonehead mistake". He owned up to what happen. You could see his wheels turning left all the way up to contact with Matt. No one went after Britten when he spun out on the first turn and took a couple guys with him. They didn't go after Peter. There were quite a few guys who made mistakes at the Modified races in Florida. There were a lot worse bonehead moves between DIRTcar and the STSS races. But no one else sat around steaming about what happen and went after another driver. Why is it ok for Matt? Matt didn't just break one rule he basically broke at minimum 3 rules starting with his actions on the track, then he went in to another team's pit, and then he assaulted them. If he had just gone in to Max's pit and let him know what he thought of him, I could see the no pay penalty. But then he went on to assault Max. Doesn't matter what he said to Matt. Matt went in there and started the confrontation and should of been more professional then that.

I'm sorry but if Matt isn't at a race the people will still go to the track. Racing will still survive. And maybe Matt should have to get a 9 to 5 job for a while to pay the bills instead of racing. Not like he couldn't work for about any shop he wanted or just start setting up cars for other teams to make money. But at some point if Matt doesn't check his anger issues someone's going to check them for him. And that could end very very badly for Matt and/or the other person/s who are involved. I don't want to see that.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Jack Brady said:

What dive bombing? There was a clear lane open Matt was half way up the track. Max went for it, not considering the water at the bottom of the turn. As Max said himself "It was a bonehead mistake". He owned up to what happen. 

I'm sorry but if Matt isn't at a race the people will still go to the track. Racing will still survive. And maybe Matt should have to get a 9 to 5 job for a while to pay the bills instead of racing. Not like he couldn't work for about any shop he wanted or just start setting up cars for other teams to make money. But at some point if Matt doesn't check his anger issues someone's going to check them for him. And that could end very very badly for Matt and/or the other person/s who are involved. I don't want to see that.

The lane was open bc Sheppard took it at a speed that he knew he could execute it.  Bonehead mistakes have consequences sometimes.  If I get plastered and kill someone on the highway when the cop gets there I'm not allowed to just say "sorry it was a bonehead mistake I felt bad about it" to avoid jail time.  

When the stars aren't there I don't go.  See weekly racing.

I'm not in the business of telling people what they can and cannot do for a living.  

As much as you say Matt better check his anger, someone else can say Max better check his driving, which occurred last night.

Britten is a poor example.  He owns his equipment and works his balls off on it.  He doesn't just get put in rides.  I'm not saying thats better or worse but when someone wrecks their own stuff it was either a) an honest mistake or b) a self correcting issue in short order.  Whether Max drives reckless because its not his equipment I can't tell because he's never ran his, but in most fans eyes perception is reality.

It wasn't assault by NY PL.  Harassment at best.

• Confused 1
11 hours ago, macho said:

I dont understand people praising what McCreadie said and then when it happens now it's the worst thing ever. At least be consistent in your beliefs. Don't let your hatred for Matt get in the way of what you believe in. Sheesh grown men (I assume) crying on an internet forum cause someone wasn't punished even though it has absolutely nothing to do with them. 

Wake up dude! You cant just walk up to somebody and punch them in the mouth! Where the hell are you from where this is considered to be acceptable behavior?  Where I come from the next thing that happens is you end up with bullets in your body. This needs to be addressed before it escalates.

4 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Wake up dude! You cant just walk up to somebody and punch them in the mouth! Where the hell are you from where this is considered to be acceptable behavior?  Where I come from the next thing that happens is you end up with bullets in your body. This needs to be addressed before it escalates.

Cale, Bobby and Donnie took NA$CAR to a whole different level with what they did. Don't recall any shots being fired afterwards.