Jump to content




Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, dudemann said:

its certainly more complicating with the stss than dirt.i just wish that he didnt make all the weight rules the same (minus the w16 and spec small blocks) .now the monster small blocks seem to be the most advantageous.harder for the little guys to compete against.

Little guys shouldn’t be running touring series aside from when the event arrives at their home track. Little guys aren’t going to stack up against the top dollar teams over 25+ series races. Talent will take you so far in this game and then money counts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gonna be some tough decisions for DTD posters on Fridays 😄

Outlaw Speedway will have Sprint Cars weekly... that alone would be enough of a reason for me to switch to Utica Rome. 

Sundays weekly are tough, With my brothers team we race Friday nights at Brewerton weekly. We race Friday, the occasional Canandaigua on Saturday and use Sunday to wash/clean and start to get things r

Posted Images

5 hours ago, rpm72x said:

And 40-60k big blocks are killing those. Seems crazy that you can buy basically a 900 hp engine from pro power new off the dyno with a carb for just over half of what a new top notch BB is.

doesnt make much since to buy a big block anymore unless your running the super dirt series

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's look at the guys that had been running the 358s there the last couple years:

Billy Whittaker, Larry Wight and Pat Ward will be at Brewerton

Erick Rudolph will be at Ransomville. So will Williamson.

Arbuthnot, Dunn and Willix will be at their home tracks in the north country.
 

That's a lot of lost cars already and they were only drawing 18-20 every Sunday. I doubt they're over 20 mods this year. But they may build on that in years to come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Utica will get more than 20 cars weekly with no issue. 

# 1  I don't think any Western NY area dirt  track pays $2400 weekly to win ?  Which can't hurt and maybe Mahaney will run UR /Fonda  .....  Devils Bowl will pay $2500 to  win 30 lap 602  opener May 1   ( Saturday )  and also pay $5000 to win another 100 lap 602 race end of May .....Good money for 602 class 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, old racer said:

# 1  I don't think any Western NY area dirt  track pays $2400 weekly to win ?  Which can't hurt and maybe Mahaney will run UR /Fonda  .....  Devils Bowl will pay $2500 to  win 30 lap 602  opener May 1   ( Saturday )  and also pay $5000 to win another 100 lap 602 race end of May .....Good money for 602 class 

Mahaney will be at A-S.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Brett pulls 50-70% of Fonda field,picks up a few from other Friday night tracks along with guys who maybe only raced 1 night a week previously...he will have a full field of cars. With that purse, and racing on the favored night he should have no issue getting cars in any class imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There were quite a few guys grumbling about track conditions and the way the show was run at outlaw so I’m guessing they could lose some. I agree Afton may suffer and Thunder could lose some guys that race there on Saturday’s. Thunder made out ok last year because they were one of the few places that raced, but I still think the switch to Hoosier and heading in the dirtcar direction will hurt them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

2 places on fridays? I’ve heard from numerous people he’s going to Utica.

Sorry thought he was asking where else would he go on Friday’s if not UR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, leroy said:

why not?   Has something changed there? what am I missing?

I could see 9s possibly changing Friday tracks on his own accord though.  

 

All time Mod winners at UR  SF 54 wins and last win 7/20/2017   2nd Place  MS  42  wins and last win 8/5/2018   I would think UR would have some high paying events during year which haven't been posted yet ...One draw at UR and Outlaw  will be AR tire money that both MS and SF have won last 3 years I think  $10,000 for year end regional  champ winning % at home track ...SF tied MS last year in home track wins 10 each Fonda SF / Outlaw MS but SF had better non win % finishes I belief so won 1st place $$ ...I could be wrong on this ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, old racer said:

All time Mod winners at UR  SF 54 wins and last win 7/20/2017   2nd Place  MS  42  wins and last win 8/5/2018   I would think UR would have some high paying events during year which haven't been posted yet ...One draw at UR and Outlaw  will be AR tire money that both MS and SF have won last 3 years I think  $10,000 for year end regional  champ winning % at home track ...SF tied MS last year in home track wins 10 each Fonda SF / Outlaw MS but SF had better non win % finishes I belief so won 1st place $$ ...I could be wrong on this ....

I am thinking the pay might be better at UR vs Outlaw in 2021.  Not sure.  The track conditions will most likely be better at U/R.   The track condition was bad more weeks than it was good at Outlaw in 2020.

Things can change however.

None of that explains though why Outlaw Speedway would not want Sheppard in the pits

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leroy said:

I am thinking the pay might be better at UR vs Outlaw in 2021.  Not sure.  The track conditions will most likely be better at U/R.   The track condition was bad more weeks than it was good at Outlaw in 2020.

Things can change however.

None of that explains though why Outlaw Speedway would not want Sheppard in the pits

Both tracks run same fuel and tires  Outlaw posted 2020 Mod purse off web ,,,1st $2000   2nd $1200  3rd  $800  4th  $650     10th  $200.........UR posted 2021 Mod purse off web   1rst  $2400   2nd $1300  3rd  $900  4th $700    10th  $500   Outlaw has own  Outlaw TV live .....I Think  UR will have DTD TV live so who would you would you pay to watch if you had a choice ? I think if I'm selling entertainment I put best players on stage I can and viewer #s I would think would be selling point to potential sponsors for tracks ... Now Malta has Hell or High Water  $5600 to win April 16th  opener on DTD TV live  (Friday ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think Sprints put on a great show.....Everytime ESS or Patriots came to UR the place was full of FANS as for 410"s you were hard placed to get a seat.  So I guess Sprints are an added attraction .........

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy the sprints a lot as a fan but I also understand the people that work on modified teams or the modified drivers probably don't care for them because of how unpredictable the night can be with them and the added time needed for them with the push starts etc. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 2:36 PM, leroy said:

I think maybe Afton mod count could suffer?

I don’t thing either Outlaw or Aftons car count will suffer. You really have to take location into consideration. Utica Rome is located almost 1 1/2 hours away from both. I don’t think many are willing to travel that much further to race. It all depends on where they are located at to start. I’m sure that Sheppard will race there you have to remember that he is one of Deyos poster children for his series and will pad his pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RJO said:

I don’t thing either Outlaw or Aftons car count will suffer. You really have to take location into consideration. Utica Rome is located almost 1 1/2 hours away from both. I don’t think many are willing to travel that much further to race. It all depends on where they are located at to start. I’m sure that Sheppard will race there you have to remember that he is one of Deyos poster children for his series and will pad his pocket.

afton is more than 1.5hrs from vernon.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dudemann said:

afton is more than 1.5hrs from vernon.

Afton is  exactly 1 hour 30 from Vernon.   Dundee 1 hour and 55 from Vernon.    Ron is right on though .  It matters more where the drivers start out from.   Not where the tracks are  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


















×
×
  • Create New...