If only we could be so lucky here in Canada. 

Our vaccine program is an absolute joke, at this rate we'll be lucky to have some sort of normalcy by 2022. 

20 minutes ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Our vaccine program is an absolute joke, at this rate we'll be lucky to have some sort of normalcy by 2022. 

Anyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get it by the fall at the latest. It was a slow start and there was no model to scale up but they are running now and things are becoming much smoother. The problem this country faced is the lack of manufacturing. We have become an almost exclusively consumer based economy. The good old days of manufacturing locally, buying locally are long gone. It has bitten Canada hard with PPE and the vaccines having to rely on other countries then overpaying for goods and services. Hopefully this is a lesson and wake up call. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Anyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get it by the fall at the latest. It was a slow start and there was no model to scale up but they are running now and things are becoming much smoother. The problem this country faced is the lack of manufacturing. We have become an almost exclusively consumer based economy. The good old days of manufacturing locally, buying locally are long gone. It has bitten Canada hard with PPE and the vaccines having to rely on other countries then overpaying for goods and services. Hopefully this is a lesson and wake up call. 

I agree with this. The US has 10 times the population that we do and it was just announced that they will have enough vaccine by May for anyone that wants one. 

We *may* have enough for everyone by Fall in Canada and that's including the second tier vaccines of J&J and Astra Zeneca. 

Trudeau's leadership has left Canada weak and vulnerable. He really dropped the ball here and should be removed from office. 

• Like 2

The EU is also way behind the US in terms of vaccine distribution. I'm optimistic for a much more normal summer 2021 than summer 2020 was. 

56 minutes ago, con7 said:

The EU is also way behind the US in terms of vaccine distribution. I'm optimistic for a much more normal summer 2021 than summer 2020 was. 

It will be night and day 

20 hours ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Please Check your facts

4 hours ago, LarryQueen said:

Please Check your facts

Ok, here are the facts from Bloomberg's COVID Vaccine Tracker as of March 4, 2021:

Total vaccines administered: US = ~82M, CA = ~2M

Percentage of population to receive first dose: US = 16.3%, CA = 2.8%

Percentage of population to be fully vaccinated: US = 8.4%, CA = 1.5%

US is ranked #1 globally and 1st amongst other G7 countries. 

Canada is ranked #21 globally and 6th amongst other G7 countries. 

The US has administered enough vaccine to fully vaccinate all Canadians and then some.

So, yes, Canada's roll out of the COVID vaccine has been and continues to be a joke, the facts support it. I sure hope that changes in the near future.

With regards to normalcy in Canada in 2022; I sure hope so. The Canadian Federal government says everyone will be able to get a vaccine by the Fall, but I suspect that will only happen with the support of Astra Zeneca and J&J, both of which have a lower efficacy rate than Pfizer and Moderna. 

Compared to the US, they are planning to have enough vaccine by May, with the majority of that being the high efficacy rate vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna. I think the US will 'get back to normal' much quicker that we will here in Canada. 

But back on topic; given the current vaccine rate and the natural immunity built up by people that have been infected and survived, there seems to be no reason why the stands can't be 80% full by the summer, in the US. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Ok, here are the facts from Bloomberg's COVID Vaccine Tracker as of March 4, 2021:

Total vaccines administered: US = ~82M, CA = ~2M

Percentage of population to receive first dose: US = 16.3%, CA = 2.8%

Percentage of population to be fully vaccinated: US = 8.4%, CA = 1.5%

US is ranked #1 globally and 1st amongst other G7 countries. 

Canada is ranked #21 globally and 6th amongst other G7 countries. 

The US has administered enough vaccine to fully vaccinate all Canadians and then some.

So, yes, Canada's roll out of the COVID vaccine has been and continues to be a joke, the facts support it. I sure hope that changes in the near future.

With regards to normalcy in Canada in 2022; I sure hope so. The Canadian Federal government says everyone will be able to get a vaccine by the Fall, but I suspect that will only happen with the support of Astra Zeneca and J&J, both of which have a lower efficacy rate than Pfizer and Moderna. 

Compared to the US, they are planning to have enough vaccine by May, with the majority of that being the high efficacy rate vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna. I think the US will 'get back to normal' much quicker that we will here in Canada. 

But back on topic; given the current vaccine rate and the natural immunity built up by people that have been infected and survived, there seems to be no reason why the stands can't be 80% full by the summer, in the US. 

Pretty simple, Canada didn’t manufacture vaccines. We are entirely consumer based and therefore are in the queue with all those others who don’t manufacture. I don’t like it, but if I’m the US or Germany for example, where is my priorities? To vaccinate my population and get my country’s economy kick started again or am I sending them out? So that’s the slow start.  We can point fingers all day but the guilt lies across party lines. We have governments on both sides of the aisle at both the provincial and federal level fail us.

The good news is that with new producers coming on line and internal resources coming to bear the doses will be available for distribution in the spring/summer and should be in arms by fall. 

• Like 2
On 3/3/2021 at 4:20 PM, DIRTCar97 said:

you bought into the whole experimental jab being your passport back to normalcy? God bless you man, you're in for a wild ride!

• Like 1