This topic is listed as Fans, so here is a contribution to that. 

💥Fonda Speedway Palmer’s Service Center Opening Night – Fan Policy

▪️Fans will be welcomed to Fonda Speedway this Saturday, April 17 for Palmer’s Service Center Opening Night!

🎟Grandstand Admission: $11
Seniors (ages 65 and up): $9
Kids 11 and under are FREE

▪️Grandstand Policies▪️

·         All attendees must have a temperature check upon entering the facility.

·         Masks are required to enter the facility and while visiting restrooms and concession areas.

·         Montgomery County has asked for the name and contact number for fans attending each Saturday night. That information will be collected at the grandstand gates.

·         Every-other-row of the Covered Grandstand will be available for seating.

·         The open-air, turn-four bleachers will be available for seating.

·         To aid with social distancing, the Infield Drive-In will be open (see policies below).

▪️Drive-In Policies ▪️

·         There are 45 available Infield Drive-In spots.

·         Spots are $60 each and include up to four passes (attendees must arrive together).

·         Reserve a spot by e-mailing fondaspeedwayangela@gmail.com. E-mails will be answered in the order they are received. Please provide make and model of vehicle.

·         Credit card pre-payment is preferred to expedite the arrival process.

·         Drive-In attendees may enter between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.

·         When arriving at the speedway, Drive-In vehicles will stay to the right and form one line.

·         All vehicles will exit the infield on the backstretch out of the turn-two gate.

·         Please cooperate with all parking attendants and security.

·         Must wear masks while using the restroom and/or the concession areas.

• Like 2
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I made this statement on my facebook page last week... "I've decided that Covid, Cuomo, CDC and Fauci can kiss my ass. I'll wear the stupid mask if I go into a store. But know this now and foreve

I think some context is important;  The vaccine efficacy was rated against the original coronavirus strain. As these new mutations developed nobody was certain how effective the vaccine would be.

I work at a retirement home. You guys argue more about what you think you know than a bunch of old biddys playing bingo. 🤦🏻‍♂️

17 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Assume the protocols are only being listed because the state says so. 

And assume that track operator is taking a huge risk of remaining open if not following the guidelines. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dan dan said:

I think it was apparent that skirting the rules last year didn't pan out so well for the ones that tried to. 

Worked out well for Bethel.....

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Cheryl said:

And assume that track operator is taking a huge risk of remaining open if not following the guidelines. 

Hence why coming on a forum and talking about guidelines not being followed annoys people. There is a large amount of race fans that are going to go, not wear a mask, and are not going to social distance. Like it or not I’d say the majority of dirt racing participants and fans do not care about any guidelines or covid. So if you decide to go you should be prepared for that. I’ve been to races in PA, NC and SC since this all started.....packed with people and not a mask in sight. We were all just happy to be at a racetrack. It will be much of the same in NY. The people making decisions may have more important things to worry about now than counting heads and looking for masks. I don’t think the police are worried about enforcing anything either. 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Hence why coming on a forum and talking about guidelines not being followed annoys people. There is a large amount of race fans that are going to go, not wear a mask, and are not going to social distance. Like it or not I’d say the majority of dirt racing participants and fans do not care about any guidelines or covid. So if you decide to go you should be prepared for that. I’ve been to races in PA, NC and SC since this all started.....packed with people and not a mask in sight. We were all just happy to be at a racetrack. It will be much of the same in NY. The people making decisions may have more important things to worry about now than counting heads and looking for masks. I don’t think the police are worried about enforcing anything either. 

Did you even read what you quoted? She was talking about the track owners. It's really easy for you to talk a big game when it's not your money. One owner lost their liquor license for working around loopholes and shut the season down early when they were losing 8-10K a week. I've been to plenty of tracks outside NY and yes you wouldn't know that there was a pandemic. But when it comes down to brass tacks, it's all about following the state guidelines - no matter how stupid or political they are, and NY is a whole different animal. You as a fan can say "screw them I'm gonna do what I want", but as a track owner, having that attitude risks losing your livelihood and all those racers that don't care about covid have nowhere to race.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

Did you even read what you quoted? She was talking about the track owners. It's really easy for you to talk a big game when it's not your money. One owner lost their liquor license for working around loopholes and shut the season down early when they were losing 8-10K a week. I've been to plenty of tracks outside NY and yes you wouldn't know that there was a pandemic. But when it comes down to brass tacks, it's all about following the state guidelines - no matter how stupid or political they are, and NY is a whole different animal. You as a fan can say "screw them I'm gonna do what I want", but as a track owner, having that attitude risks losing your livelihood.

Yup I read it. And once again, track owners have enough to do on a race night. Some are not gunna walk around scolding people for not following some stupid guideline. Coming on a racing forum and broadcasting that such and such track wasn’t mandating people to follow guidelines does nothing but draw attention to said track. If you go to a track tomorrow and it’s packed with no masks.....shut the hell up about it and enjoy the races. Maybe the track owner is taking a risk....people running their lips about it after the fact only heightens that risk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am on your side on this issue rpm. 

But I would be careful about gloating  and/or predicting the future.

Remember what happened the last time?

Oh. This past Sat during open practice at Fonda, there was complaints made, Sherrif’s had to come down and look into complaints of not wearing masks around in the pits! People just cant not complain about something all the time. But the large amish group was not forced to put masks on or leave as they sat or walked around, and that was left alone! If ya go, be happy your getting to go, your not gonna catch Corona at the track, worry about you and not others, your time at the track will be enjoyed much better!! Lets go racing!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
1 hour ago, J. Downing said:

Oh. This past Sat during open practice at Fonda, there was complaints made, Sherrif’s had to come down and look into complaints of not wearing masks around in the pits! People just cant not complain about something all the time. But the large amish group was not forced to put masks on or leave as they sat or walked around, and that was left alone! If ya go, be happy your getting to go, your not gonna catch Corona at the track, worry about you and not others, your time at the track will be enjoyed much better!! Lets 

1 hour ago, leroy said:

I am on your side on this issue rpm. 

But I would be careful about gloating  and/or predicting the future.

Remember what happened the last time?

I’m not predicting anything. I just don’t feel it’s necessary to be blowing hot air about guidelines not being followed. It won’t affect those not following guidelines any differently than those who do. Everyone will be sent home. If someone feels that uncomfortable go sit by yourself, there’s room or ...... go home. 

• Like 1

You can be damn sure there will be people from the State at the tracks looking to see what is being done and if the regulations are in place. Maybe they should do the same for the Met and Yankee games, oh wait that's baseball and NYC is free of Corona so they are ok. Lets be honest here, the self proclaimed King for some damn reason still has all the power and we know how much he loves racing as he has proved that in the past. Knowing all that, and what the race fans have to loose as well as more important what the promoters have to loose maybe suck it up for a few weeks, do as asked and hope it is all worth it. You go to a store you put on a mask, go to the races put on a mask, yes it is a pain in the ass but so is another summer without racing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dirttraxx said:

You can be damn sure there will be people from the State at the tracks looking to see what is being done and if the regulations are in place. Maybe they should do the same for the Met and Yankee games, oh wait that's baseball and NYC is free of Corona so they are ok. Lets be honest here, the self proclaimed King for some damn reason still has all the power and we know how much he loves racing as he has proved that in the past. Knowing all that, and what the race fans have to loose as well as more important what the promoters have to loose maybe suck it up for a few weeks, do as asked and hope it is all worth it. You go to a store you put on a mask, go to the races put on a mask, yes it is a pain in the ass but so is another summer without racing.

🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

When the tracks get shutdown the ignorant fans will have nobody to blame but themselves... all over a little piece of cloth. lmfao!  You cant fix stupid.

You drive alone with your mask on, don’t you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

When the tracks get shutdown the ignorant fans will have nobody to blame but themselves... all over a little piece of cloth. lmfao!  You cant fix stupid.

Stop. Not everything they tell you on the news is true. I don't believe for even a second that a mask with the consistency of a sheet of Kleenex or an anti static dryer sheet has the power to save the world from the deadliest disease known to man, and I can't do anything but laugh at this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

When tracks get shut down again you'll race out to vote for the guy who shut them down again. Another sheep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For everyone saying "who cares about tracks following protocols?", one of the announcers from Thompson is now in the hospital with COVID.  He worked at the track last week, and they are saying anyone who was in contact with him during the weekend probably should be tested.  So that probably includes anyone who was in the booth with him(likely the other announcers, the media were covering and broadcasting the races, officials, plus any driver\team member he may have interviewed)  

5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Stop. Not everything they tell you on the news is true. I don't believe for even a second that a mask with the consistency of a sheet of Kleenex or an anti static dryer sheet has the power to save the world from the deadliest disease known to man, and I can't do anything but laugh at this...

That doesn’t look like the news, it looks like a tik tok video. The news is absolutely guilty in overstating and misreporting information but this isn’t an example of that. 

As for the mask, there was a really cool video floating around that showed the difference when someone sneezed with a mask on vs the participle dispersion without a mask. Initially it was thought to be 6 feet but in actuality the droplets can carry much further. All this is to say yes the mask works exceptionally well. Along with hand sanitation it has significantly reduced the common cold and seasonal flu. So in fact the procedure mask has been a very powerful tool when physical distancing isn’t available. 

Hey, I think it is a game of risk now. We all take risks everyday when we get out of bed.  Much less risky outside. We are going to get back to some level of normalcy soon, hopefully. Least you don't have to jump through hoops to see a race like trying to see a professional sports team in NY State. Vaccine or test to get in. Not only that, but what's stopping someone from paying for fraudulent tests or vaccine cards?  You cannot police this much longer.