59 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ugghh. Have any of you anti-vaxers gotten C19 or been around someone who has, or had someone close pass from it ?

I mean CMON MAN ! I know you have seen what happens to people, to societies, to the health care system.

“F” your opinion and just look around. You wanna get this or give it to someone else? 

I’ll answer for you. YOU DON’T !

No it’s not perfect and I hate the politicians and especially the greed of the pharmaceutical empires who are no better than thief lawyers.

“ NO” I’m not sold on the whole deal and yeah I get it’s not perfect.

But did what I could to protect myself and the people around me the best I could.

The alternatives are a hell of a lot uglier and people need to re-evaluate  what it is they are really chirping about and show some decency to man kind.

The whole world is OOC , systems and governments are failing and some of you wanna be petty about who “might” be right or wrong instead of contributing.

Some of your self indulgent responses are a joke at best.

Sorry but it’s true. 

The list of family and friends of mine who have gotten covid is currently at 15.....none were sick more than a week, none had symptoms any worse than a mild flu. With that said if you want the vaccine get it, I think people need to do what is best for them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is nothing “normal” about a mandatory showing of a vaccination ID in order to enter anywhere!!! 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

The vaccines people receive as a young child such as for the measles, mumps or chicken pox, prevent you from ever getting them. And there’s decades of proof that they’re effective. This Government con

I think you're on to something here, let's apply the same standard to racing safety. who needs seat belts? People still die. who needs roll cages? People still die. Who need fuel cells?

2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I’m not sure what you want other than if laws are being broken from wealthy or poor people should be prosecuted. If you are guilty of tax evasion, or if you destroyed property during a mindless protest....both get prosecuted for the action. How is it more important to go after crooked business men than it is to lock up people who destroyed middle class businesses? I never hear liberals stomping to lock them up. Actually it’s the opposite they chant for more with zero consequences. But this idea of take from the rich and give to the poor does not work when there is a handful of rich and the population looking for handouts continues to rise. 

Wealthy Americans are the largest source of underreported income, according to IRS data analyzed by researchers. The top 1% of American taxpayers account for about 34% of misreported income, according to a study published in the National Tax Journal.

• Like 1

I haven't read this whole thread but for those who think everyone should get the vaccine no matter what are you also for abortion? Cause I'm wondering what happened to your 'my body my choice' belief???  Now that doesn't mean anything???

42 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Wealthy Americans are the largest source of underreported income, according to IRS data analyzed by researchers. The top 1% of American taxpayers account for about 34% of misreported income, according to a study published in the National Tax Journal.

Ok.....and the percentage of people leaching from that money continues to increase daily. If you can tell me that the added tax income that will come from wealthy Americans will go to American citizens who actually need it....I’m all for it. But if bunches of that money will go to illegals and people who are sitting on the system with some bullshit ailment I’m fine with the wealthy keeping it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I read the article. fairly dry but I think your statement is misleading. What table did you pull the 34% from?

Also this article is from 2001.

Also I would read the caveats at the end, specifically about these being estimates since there is no exact way to find unreported income.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, scottnorwood said:

I read the article. fairly dry but I think your statement is misleading. What table did you pull the 34% from?

Also this article is from 2001.

Also I would read the caveats at the end, specifically about these being estimates since there is no exact way to find unreported income.

no shit right?   Wealthy americans are the largest source of under reported income?   LOL

duh

1 hour ago, leroy said:

no shit right?   Wealthy americans are the largest source of under reported income?   LOL

duh

Otherwise know as crooks some of them. Time to pay up! No entitlement just cuz you have a lot of money. Im sick of paying more tax than a lot of them.

12 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Otherwise know as crooks some of them. Time to pay up! No entitlement just cuz you have a lot of money. Im sick of paying more tax than a lot of them.

There are instances where you as an individual may pay more taxes (in dollars or %) than a few people in the top 1% of earners in the US. Tax loopholes are an issue. I agree.

On the whole here are the numbers from 2017:

Top 1% pays and average tax rate of 26.8% of their income.

Average across all tax payers is 14.6% of their income.

The bottom 50% of earners pay 4.0% of their income.

Source: IRS, Statistics of Income, Individual Income Rates and Tax Shares (2019)

18 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Wealthy, old crusty white men are the ones who make the laws and policies within the IRS. 

This is laughable, Democrats had the most diverse field ever assembled for a presidential primary and they still rigged it so the oldest fossil in the race won. Multiple women an Asian man a gay man Hispanics and it still came down to the two oldest white guys in the race. And bernie never stood a chance again. So much for the party of diversity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know I said this earlier, but I’m serious. You guys need to go outside. Get some fresh air. It’ll do you some good. Life is way too short to be wasting time fighting about this stuff with someone you don’t know. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Hot Dog said:

I know I said this earlier, but I’m serious. You guys need to go outside. Get some fresh air. It’ll do you some good. Life is way too short to be wasting time fighting about this stuff with someone you don’t know. 

You got it Hot Dog ! ........  I try to avoid all the political crap on this forum but some people are just plain brutal....A great place for political crap is facebook , try it . Please dont bring it here to those of us who enjoy race talk .

3 hours ago, macho said:

I haven't read this whole thread but for those who think everyone should get the vaccine no matter what are you also for abortion? Cause I'm wondering what happened to your 'my body my choice' belief???  Now that doesn't mean anything???

Pro choice. How could I, as a man, propose what’s best for a woman? Woman gets raped and gets pregnant, she should have a choice. Just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

All I know is my 409k is kicking ass...

It’s been an embarrassingly amazing year. I say that in recognition of those who have suffered financial hardships throughout this pandemic. I don’t believe we will ever see these levels of returns again in my lifetime. There will be rotation but some sectors still have huge potential ahead. 

To be honest, I find the conversation both enlightening and therapeutic. And honestly what’s there to talk about racing wise right now? Friesen and his dominance? Guys who should or shouldn’t be on the SDS? What’s up with Sheppard? I live in a world right now where I basically work everyday. I can’t golf. I can’t vacation. I can’t cross the border without having to quarantine for 2 weeks before returning to work. So yeah, I love the banter. 

3 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

To be honest, I find the conversation both enlightening and therapeutic. And honestly what’s there to talk about racing wise right now? Friesen and his dominance? Guys who should or shouldn’t be on the SDS? What’s up with Sheppard? I live in a world right now where I basically work everyday. I can’t golf. I can’t vacation. I can’t cross the border without having to quarantine for 2 weeks before returning to work. So yeah, I love the banter. 

You could always spend your time watching "The View".....LOL

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

There are instances where you as an individual may pay more taxes (in dollars or %) than a few people in the top 1% of earners in the US. Tax loopholes are an issue. I agree.

Source: IRS, Statistics of Income, Individual Income Rates and Tax Shares (2019)

2 hours ago, scottnorwood said:

The top 1% need to pay more!

Summary of Federal Income Tax Data, Tax Year 2018
  Top 1% Top 5% Top 10% Top 25% Top 50% Bottom 50% All Taxpayers

Note: Table does not include dependent filers. “Income split point” is the minimum AGI for tax returns to fall into each percentile.

Source: IRS, Statistics of Income, Individual Income Rates and Tax Shares.

Number of Returns 1,443,179 7,215,893 14,431,787 36,079,467 72,158,933 72,158,933 144,317,866
Adjusted Gross Income ($ millions) $2,420,025 $4,217,996 $5,511,117 $7,969,121 $10,221,814 $1,342,069 $11,563,883
Share of Total Adjusted Gross Income 20.9% 36.5% 47.7% 68.9% 88.4% 11.6% 100.0%
Income Taxes Paid ($ millions) 615,716 926,367 1,096,343 1,336,041 1,491,041 45,137 1,536,178
Share of Total Income Taxes Paid 40.1% 60.3% 71.4% 87.0% 97.1% 2.9% 100.0%
Income Split Point 540,009 217,913 151,935 87,044 43,614 43,614  
Average Tax Rate 25.4% 22.0% 19.9% 16.8% 14.6% 3.4% 13.3%
Average Income Taxes Paid $426,639 $128,379 $75,967 $37,031 $20,663 $626 $10,644
1 hour ago, ranger22 said:

This is laughable, Democrats had the most diverse field ever assembled for a presidential primary and they still rigged it so the oldest fossil in the race won. Multiple women an Asian man a gay man Hispanics and it still came down to the two oldest white guys in the race. And bernie never stood a chance again. So much for the party of diversity.

Show us the evidence of the rigged election. This is your big chance to prove you are not a minion and a cult follower but you actually can think for yourself. Show us the evidence. Post it.  You are promoting The BIG LIE! Very dangerous and very unAmerican!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Show us the evidence of the rigged election. This is your big chance to prove you are not a minion and a cult follower but you actually can think for yourself. Show us the evidence. Post it.  You are promoting The BIG LIE! Very dangerous and very unAmerican!

Did you already forget the Dems spent 4 years claiming Russian collusion???? Still waiting on that evidence too 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am.

Enough with the politics. If you want to stay here, move on and talk racing.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I am.

Enough with the politics. If you want to stay here, move on and talk racing.

My Question of the week.... What will turns 1 and 2 be like at UR after the addition of new clay to increase the top of the banking?  It will be interesting to see what that provides for the drivers other than helping to keep them on the track. Who will figure it out first by using it to their advantage or just staying away from it?  Unfortunately looks like rain tonight and we may have to wait one more week to see the Grand Reopening and the Return of the Big Blocks.

12 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I see reading is not one of your strong suits. Please show me where I said the election was rigged, I said the primary was rigged for sleepy joe.