I don’t think anyone is surprised by this lol. Weekly @ Dundee definitely wasn’t in the cards.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Per his Facebook page, Matt Sheppard will be at Utica Rome weekly on Fridays this year.

Has he announced Saturday plans yet? Back to Canandaigua this year?

Hopefully he behaves himself.  Willy Decker should keep him in line. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Isn't he going to run ocfs when they run big blocks and I would imagine canandaigua when they are not running them at ocfs

1 hour ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Per his Facebook page, Matt Sheppard will be at Utica Rome weekly on Fridays this year.

Depends who the highest bidder is.

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

I don’t think anyone is surprised by this lol. Weekly @ Dundee definitely wasn’t in the cards.

Why not? He went to the banquet and raced at Outlaw this year pulling it into victory lane.  

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

Why not? He went to the banquet and raced at Outlaw this year pulling it into victory lane.  

You’ll figure it out eventually..........

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

So far I believe only 3 wins in 19 starts.  Who will he have to beat at UR if he decides to go there on Fridays?  Maresca, Bachetti, Warner and some Fonda regulars who dont race Malta the same night?

We will find out Friday.   I believe Alan Johnson will be one.

Looking at the schedule there is a lot of extra money on the line at UR.  And the track surface will most likely be smooth.   Something Outlaw Speedway has been having trouble with

Stew Friesen possible when no truck conflict?  I thought I read somewhere that Jess was planning Utica weekly

10 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Matt locked himself into the championship 8 this past weekend, so he doesn't have to go back to OCFS until "the chase" starts.  Once it does, I'm sure that's where he'll be considering the $25,000 winners share. 

My guess is Matt doesn't commit anywhere on Saturday's.  

He has the option to run where the money is, or take the night off if he wants to at this point. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, leroy said:

We will find out Friday.   I believe Alan Johnson will be one.

Looking at the schedule there is a lot of extra money on the line at UR.  And the track surface will most likely be smooth.   Something Outlaw Speedway has been having trouble with

Stew Friesen possible when no truck conflict?  I thought I read somewhere that Jess was planning Utica weekly

You are right about Alan and I hope JZ runs UR on Fridays. Also as you mentioned there is a lot of money on the line at UR and the 9s hasnt put much in his pocket so far compared to previous years.  I wonder what the added banking in 1 and 2 is going provide for some of these drivers? Cant wait to find out.

14 hours ago, Rmitchell said:

Isn't he going to run ocfs when they run big blocks and I would imagine canandaigua when they are not running them at ocfs

Yes

Stew and Jess not running A/S weekly would be something when the truck schedule allows...Kind of just had them penciled in there already but I guess U/R could be in the cards given the money they are putting up.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:56 PM, jumper12a said:

You’ll figure it out eventually..........

Well a few months ago I figured out that Siri's business 'partner' is now Matt's t-shirt sales person/PR Rep 'partner.'  I figured that was all water under the bridge for this new '21 race season.  What else is going on?

Matt-Sheppard-VL-696x482.jpg

51 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

Well a few months ago I figured out that Siri's business 'partner' is now Matt's t-shirt sales person/PR Rep 'partner.'  I figured that was all water under the bridge for this new '21 race season.  What else is going on?

Matt-Sheppard-VL-696x482.jpg

Mixing business “partners” with your competitors isn’t always good business sense.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Mixing business “partners” with your competitors isn’t always good business sense.

Lol, exactly. 

There has been plenty of complaints about track conditions over the last year or so, lots of complaints about the run time of the program, so when you add these with the money Utica is paying and Deyos ability to run an efficient program it’s not hard to see why Matt would switch. He has had plenty of success at either so I’m sure he isn’t worried about that either. 

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

There has been plenty of complaints about track conditions over the last year or so, lots of complaints about the run time of the program, so when you add these with the money Utica is paying and Deyos ability to run an efficient program it’s not hard to see why Matt would switch. He has had plenty of success at either so I’m sure he isn’t worried about that either. 

In 12 more days the Deyo STSS race is at Outlaw .......Will be interesting to see the track conditions and if they can keep it at a 3 hour show . They are including sportsmans , street stocks , 4 cylinders and hobby stocks.....oh boy .

2 hours ago, racermurray said:

In 12 more days the Deyo STSS race is at Outlaw .......Will be interesting to see the track conditions and if they can keep it at a 3 hour show . They are including sportsmans , street stocks , 4 cylinders and hobby stocks.....oh boy .

Looking forward to this one.  As it is only 25 minute from home for me 👍

• Like 2
On 5/6/2021 at 1:14 PM, racermurray said:

I would be there..... it's a 3 hour ride one way..... but with all those classes, I think not.

• Like 1