Jump to content




Recommended Posts

On 5/7/2021 at 9:27 PM, DaRooster said:

I like the big blocks, I prefer them over all other classes.  They should be the first feature of the night in my opinion.  

If the 358's do become the headliner, then let them run lighter, let's say a 1,950 lb minimum.  Then I'll go.

Kind of like how headlining rock bands play before the openers. I once saw the Rolling Stones play their 3 hour show and then the opener, played after to an empty stadium. Smh

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 80K said:

Kind of like how headlining rock bands play before the openers. I once saw the Rolling Stones play their 3 hour show and then the opener, played after to an empty stadium. Smh

Local short-track racing is not the Rolling Stones, so why would you try to make the analogy that it is? The result of making fans sit through divisions they don't want to see is that people just stay home or go elsewhere.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Local short-track racing is not the Rolling Stones, so why would you try to make the analogy that it is? The result of making fans sit through divisions they don't want to see is that people just stay home or go elsewhere.

I think 80k is saying that the Big Block Modifieds are like the Rolling Stones.

So something like you go to a local dirt race and the show consists of Big Block Modifieds (Rolling Stones), the Sportsman (Dokken), Pro Stocks (Warrant), and the 4 cylinder enduro (Nickleback).

I think 80k is saying: "If you start with Rolling Stones....no one is going to stay for Nickleback."

And what you are saying is: "Would I sit through Nickleback to watch Rolling Stones or just call it a night?"

....and the answer is: Nickleback Sucks...unless your Canadian....then they are just OK (Canadians are much nicer than Americans and Nickleback came from Canada).

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive always been a firm believer that tracks should run a rotating order. If big blocks are first this week, theyll be 2nd next week, 3rd the week after and last on the 4th week. Based on a 4 class track. The other 3 classes would rotate accordingly. 

Often thought that fans who go just for one class arent true race fans at heart. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Id go with the class that has the least cautions this week goes first next week and so on down the line. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 80K said:

Ive always been a firm believer that tracks should run a rotating order. If big blocks are first this week, theyll be 2nd next week, 3rd the week after and last on the 4th week. Based on a 4 class track. The other 3 classes would rotate accordingly. 

Often thought that fans who go just for one class arent true race fans at heart. 

Accord has done that in the past, and maybe they still do. Part of the reason for doing so, was because of a strict curfew, and having the same class getting the "shaft" because of the curfew.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you know someone in the field of the other divisions, the vast majority of your Saturday Night fans are there for the Modifieds (or whatever the headline class is.) All the other divisions are there in support of that. If people actually came to the track to watch the Sportsman or Pro Stocks or 4 Cylinders, half the grandstand wouldn't leave once the Mods were done.

We'd be standing there with the Sportsman and they'd call to pack the track, or our feature would get moved because it was running late, or some other situation would arise and the guys would say, "What the hell, why are we getting screwed?" I'd shake my head and say, "Do you really think anyone is here to watch us race?" 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

 

We'd be standing there with the Sportsman and they'd call to pack the track, or our feature would get moved because it was running late, or some other situation would arise and the guys would say, "What the hell, why are we getting screwed?" I'd shake my head and say, "Do you really think anyone is here to watch us race?" 

Having cars pack the track is another thread for another day. I don't care what division you are, to me that's just wrong. Tracks should have their own dedicated vehicles/equipment to do that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sicklajoie said:

Having cars pack the track is another thread for another day. I don't care what division you are, to me that's just wrong. Tracks should have their own dedicated vehicles/equipment to do that.

Agree 100!

the first time I went to Volusia I thought....,. Wtf?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If fans would come watch sportsman or pro stocks as headliners....that’s what would be the headliner. There would be no reason to pay a modified purse if everyone wants to watch support divisions. With that said, there needs to be strong support for supporting divisions, that’s where the modified drivers of the future come from. A weekly rotation is very fair for everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

















×
×
  • Create New...