Jim King, Paul Szmal, Shane Andrews....Where are you when we need you?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess since I've been name-checked in this thread I should chime in, sorry it's taken a while, very busy these days (good thing): Let me address a few points: -Yes, I've been doing Outlaw

Boy I would hate to see your response if you were more than just a fan!

I’m a Varin fan but you’re a lunatic if you think he never uses that front bumper. And if the bumper is clean, check out those nerf bars because he uses those just as much. Bobby is a grown man, he do

1 hour ago, Scott Friers said:

I was told the track teched  the top 3 not just the 2nd place car. Interesting that we haven’t heard anything about what they teched yet from the critic.....plenty to say yesterday.

I was also told the top 3 were teched .

• Like 1

They may have checked motors as some are running 360's i believe with a weight break.. but don't hold me to it... 

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

I knew this was how this was going to turn out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, except when their opinion doesn't match someone else's.

BV/DV fan... You can't say you have nothing more at stake other than being just a fan, and then take exception to wording someone used about your favorite drivers. It gives the impression that you are butt hurt.

I spoke with Mimi about it briefly last night. She said she would contact Bobby about it to see how he felt. If he felt there was an apology in order, she would offer one. Neither one of us thought he would have been as offended by it as you were because what she said was rather tame.

It’s easy to criticize when you’re using a screen name.... No accountability.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BV/DV fan said:

BobMiller - you got me dead to rights. Butt hurt. Nothing more needs to be said.

You're wrong about one thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Full stop.

Still waiting to hear what was checked in tech.....

Guess it doesn’t matter since the top three were teched not just the 2nd place car. 

• Like 1

My complaint when I started this thread was about talking nonsense DURING the races instead of what is going on in the race,,,,,The cameraman can not be in 2 or 3 places at the same time so it is up to the announcers to keep those of us who are paying to stream the race to know what is happening.....as far as ongoing race info & starting line-ups i think they both do a decent job, but enough with the useless info during the actual race

2 minutes ago, racer80 said:

My complaint when I started this thread was about talking nonsense DURING the races instead of what is going on in the race,,,,,The cameraman can not be in 2 or 3 places at the same time so it is up to the announcers to keep those of us who are paying to stream the race to know what is happening.....as far as ongoing race info & starting line-ups i think they both do a decent job, but enough with the useless info during the actual race

Since there is more than one camera, it's a bit confusing as to why 18 laps out of 35 excluded the second-place car. When I go to the races I don't watch one car. I keep scanning the pack looking for the best battle. A perfect example of that was the old timers race where are the purple Coupe and gold coach were battling back and forth for the last place the entire time. It was far more exciting than watching the leader leading buy a half a straightaway.

As for the original point of this thread, I will once again issue my challenge to anyone who has any complaints about Mimi's work. I will gladly hand over the microphone to anyone who thinks that it's easy to do.

56 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Still waiting to hear what was checked in tech.....

Guess it doesn’t matter since the top three were teched not just the 2nd place car. 

Which part of "You're right, I'm wrong" do you need Cliff notes for?

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, BV/DV fan said:

Which part of "You're right, I'm wrong" do you need Cliff notes for?

Would’ve been much easier had you not posted false information from the beginning about tech..... 

Congrats to the 18 team on a solid 2nd place finish. 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:42 PM, GoFast39Fan said:

Paul’s at thunder mountain I believe 

Paul Smalz I believe announces at Outlaw speedway on Friday nights. Could do Thunder too, not sure on that. He is also on here, Dirt Track Digest.

8 hours ago, BV/DV fan said:

BobMiller - you got me dead to rights. Butt hurt. Nothing more needs to be said.

You're wrong about one thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Full stop.

Hold it right there BV/DV!!!! You are not going anywhere.  Its time to call the station and get Officer Miller down here right away and have him do a full cavity search on you to see what it is you are hiding. Lol... Now I want to see what kind of a story Bob can come up with now. The loud muffler story was funny as hell.

54 minutes ago, Outlaw Photos said:

LOL  lets all please remember ESPN is not broadcasting these races... 

Could have fooled me,  there's more frigging commercials on Flo at Accord than ESPN.....lol

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Outlaw Photos said:

LOL  lets all please remember ESPN is not broadcasting these races... 

.... I think you may have jinxed tonight's broadcast.. my stream went dark on app and web.  Seeing a few tweets others experiencing same. 

1 minute ago, jwin said:

.... I think you may have jinxed tonight's broadcast.. my stream went dark on app and web.  Seeing a few tweets others experiencing same. 

All of the beating and banging must of taken out the cameras as well. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

thank goodness.

ESPN was actually good when they had racing .👍 👍

Fox / NBC. Whoever else these days not so much.  👎

And I thought Bowyer sucked in the race car ?  Lol

where is Bob Jenkins  these days?  Ken Squier?  

2 minutes ago, leroy said:

ESPN was actually good when they had racing . 👍

Fox / NBC. Whoever else not so much.  

where is Bob Jenkins  these days?  Ken Squier?  

Bob Jenkins has been the PA voice of Indy for many years.  Sadly, he is battling brain cancer and stepping back from duties: 

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2021/02/16/indy-500-announcer-bob-jenkins-brain-cancer-battle-step-back-from-ims-role/

One of my absolute favorite personalities on the mic in motorsports.  

Final Post from Butt Hurt BV/DVfan

I’ve got a ton of respect for BobMiller which is why I’m using his post as a springboard.

I was less sure than BobMiller about how things were going to turn out, but I had a suspicion that it might devolve into what it did, so when I made my original post, I had a contingency in place for what to do in the event that devolution would occur, as seems to happen more often than not.

I was the one who originally posted about Mimi’s comments (about Bobby) during the feature.

When it got to the point that even GasketCase, whom I do not know personally (nor do I know Mimi), questions the intent (although he did not use that word) of my post – it seemed clear that things had gone completely off the rails.

Add to that a lot of unfounded accusations of trampling and the implicit suggestion that I not giving Mimi a chance to grow into the new role … I thought it prudent to act accordingly and remove the original and all following posts. It was a calculated move designed to deflect the focus away from Mimi. And it worked, so ... I can say mission accomplished.

This whole ‘clusterf*ck’ started with me, and I thought a lot (maybe everything?) that was said about Mimi was completely unfair, certainly to her, but also to me. Unfair to her, because it was made to sound like, to use my own words against me, I had an axe to grind. I did/do not. I think she does and has been doing a pretty good job. My comment was limited to one remark she made out of 1000s maybe 100s of 1000s she had previously made. I didn’t like the comment and I still don’t like. I’m not going to apologize for that, but I am quite willing to self-sensor for the greater good.

I also thought that the characterization of what I wrote was completely unfair but it doesn't matter anymore.

Nearly everything in the modern world of social media has become a zero sum game – one that I have no interest in playing.

BobMiller “You can't say you have nothing more at stake other than being just a fan, and then take exception to wording someone used about your favorite drivers. It gives the impression that you are butt hurt.”

My original post was written in defense of Bobby and what I thought was completely unfair comment. Bobby has, in the past, done some ‘beating and banging’, as have all the great drivers, and he’s as likely as not to do it in the future. As a fan of short track racing I've got no problem with that and if he were to go over the top I'd tell him. Directly, as I have in the past.

You can call my reaction butt hurt if you want. I will always take exception to Bobby being treated unfairly – that’s not going to stop, I will simply find another avenue to defend him.

The fact is, this board used to be a fun place to come and exchange jabs with others of a differing opinion and we could all have a laugh and move on to the next topic. That’s no longer the case. Don’t take my word for, have a look around at who used to be here and who no longer is. I am joining the latter group.

Everyone has a limited amount of emotional capital and when it’s being spent in one place where it not replenished … it’s time to move on.

Scott - They were looking for traction control. Yes, I was wrong about Bobby being singled out. I should have verified the accuracy of that statement before posting it.

• Like 2

“Welcome to SPEEDWORLD “

I loved it when nascar came on at noon every Sunday. And you did not have to ask what channel it was on 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, leroy said:

“Welcome to SPEEDWORLD “

I loved it when nascar came on at noon every Sunday. And you did not have to ask what channel it was on 

Speedworld intro music drives my wife nuts!

Most nights I dig up old NASCAR races from Wilkesboro, Rockingham, Old Richmond, Nashville (the real Nashville) and watch them before bed.

• Haha 1