Jim King, Paul Szmal, Shane Andrews....Where are you when we need you?

2 hours ago, BV/DV fan said:

When it got to the point that even GasketCase, whom I do not know personally (nor do I know Mimi), questions the intent (although he did not use that word) of my post – it seemed clear that things had gone completely off the rails.

It was a bit of a tough situation for me because you and I are always on the same team when it comes to people bashing Bobby.

My defense of Mimi was more about her ability on the microphone than it was about what she said. She's one of my favorite people on the planet, so I am a bit defensive of her anyway, but her involvement with racing and the effort she puts into it mean a lot to her so I'm just that little bit more defensive of it.

Anyway... I hope you don't think there are any hard feelings on my behalf. There aren't any at all. I liked everyone involved before this, and I still like everyone involved.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess since I've been name-checked in this thread I should chime in, sorry it's taken a while, very busy these days (good thing): Let me address a few points: -Yes, I've been doing Outlaw

Boy I would hate to see your response if you were more than just a fan!

I’m a Varin fan but you’re a lunatic if you think he never uses that front bumper. And if the bumper is clean, check out those nerf bars because he uses those just as much. Bobby is a grown man, he do

Thursday Night Thunder on ESPN was an incredible show.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, chas71 said:

Thursday Night Thunder on ESPN was an incredible show.

Agreed. Some of the midget races from IRP and Winchester were unbelievable. 

On 5/11/2021 at 7:40 AM, BobMiller said:

I knew this was how this was going to turn out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, except when their opinion doesn't match someone else's.

BV/DV fan... You can't say you have nothing more at stake other than being just a fan, and then take exception to wording someone used about your favorite drivers. It gives the impression that you are butt hurt.

I spoke with Mimi about it briefly last night. She said she would contact Bobby about it to see how he felt. If he felt there was an apology in order, she would offer one. Neither one of us thought he would have been as offended by it as you were because what she said was rather tame.

I think Mimi should use the word butthurt when asking Bobby about this. .  .

Mimi interviewing Bobby to see how he feels about her comment, 'It looks like I caused quite the stir with my comment, are you as butthurt as the bvdv guy on the DTD forum? Tell us how my comment made you feel.'

• Haha 4

I guess since I've been name-checked in this thread I should chime in, sorry it's taken a while, very busy these days (good thing):

Let me address a few points:

-Yes, I've been doing Outlaw on Fridays, and Thunder on Saturdays.

-NO, you don't want me to sing the National Anthem, I can't carry a tune with a bucket loader.

-Chris is something the sport desperately needs in our area:  A young, talented, passionate individual with the desire to learn and get better.  Believe me when I tell you that I sucked for a LONG time (and some might think I still do LOL) and I'm still learning my craft as I go.  When Brett told me of his plans for Fonda, I was disappointed not to be coming back but knew that Chris was coming in and that he has the skills and the mentality to go as far as he wants to go in this industry, and kudos to him.

-I can't comment on what was said/not said since I wasn't there and wasn't watching.

-Mimi's a very smart woman and she will grow into the role that she's in.

-Regardless of who's doing it, what we do is far from simple and easy...try it once and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Memo to those quick to offer criticism in a public venue:  This is NOT how you encourage new talent to grow and propser, if anything, it leads to self doubt and hurt feelings...as one who critiques individual's performances on a regular basis (since I'm in charge of an on air staff for 7 radio stations) I have learned the art and science of being constructive while offering praise for things that are done well.  Maybe reaching out to them and offering suggestions/feedback in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner would be a good idea!

Most important of all:  Let's be thankful that we're getting back into gear (pun intended) and support your local tracks!

Thanks all!

• Like 20
28 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

who is going to win the weekend wars ? 

Announcers, cars or live broadcasts?

Sorry I couldn't resist. 

9 hours ago, smallguy said:

I guess since I've been name-checked in this thread I should chime in, sorry it's taken a while, very busy these days (good thing):

Well stated as always my friend. And thank you for clarifying because I don't think they believed me that they didn't want to hear you sing The Anthem

15 hours ago, leroy said:

Sheppard

15 hours ago, leroy said:

Sheppard

Think he will win UR? He has 5 wins in 22 starts and has not finished in the top 10 on 5 occasions.  Bachetti, Maresca, and Alan Johnson might give him some competition.

On 5/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, smallguy said:

Let me address a few points:

-Yes, I've been doing Outlaw on Fridays, and Thunder on Saturdays.

-NO, you don't want me to sing the National Anthem, I can't carry a tune with a bucket loader.

-Chris is something the sport desperately needs in our area:  A young, talented, passionate individual with the desire to learn and get better.  Believe me when I tell you that I sucked for a LONG time (and some might think I still do LOL) and I'm still learning my craft as I go.  When Brett told me of his plans for Fonda, I was disappointed not to be coming back but knew that Chris was coming in and that he has the skills and the mentality to go as far as he wants to go in this industry, and kudos to him.

-I can't comment on what was said/not said since I wasn't there and wasn't watching.

-Mimi's a very smart woman and she will grow into the role that she's in.

-Regardless of who's doing it, what we do is far from simple and easy...try it once and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Memo to those quick to offer criticism in a public venue:  This is NOT how you encourage new talent to grow and propser, if anything, it leads to self doubt and hurt feelings...as one who critiques individual's performances on a regular basis (since I'm in charge of an on air staff for 7 radio stations) I have learned the art and science of being constructive while offering praise for things that are done well.  Maybe reaching out to them and offering suggestions/feedback in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner would be a good idea!

Most important of all:  Let's be thankful that we're getting back into gear (pun intended) and support your local tracks!

Thanks all!

Well said Paul. 

3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Think he will win UR? He has 5 wins in 22 starts and has not finished in the top 10 on 5 occasions.  Bachetti, Maresca, and Alan Johnson might give him some competition.

Is everyone forgetting that Stew has literally dominated U-R for the quite a few years? He's had 54 wins in 13 seasons.....I'd say he is the odds on favorite

1 hour ago, racer80 said:

Is everyone forgetting that Stew has literally dominated U-R for the quite a few years? He's had 54 wins in 13 seasons.....I'd say he is the odds on favorite

He may be the odds on favorite, but Matt owned the place the last few seasons he called UR home. I believe the first of which stew raced there weekly as well. 

14 hours ago, racer80 said:

I agree with you. I didnt see he would be there until I read it last night.  I think he would have to be the favorite.

14 hours ago, racer80 said:

I said this before. Stew in Tom Cullen’s 1WGC was unstoppable. He did to U-R what he’s doing to Fonda now. It became boring to go there after awhile. 

• Like 1

In head to head stats at Utica,  Matt has more wins , top 5s and top 10s along with a better average finish according to race stat central. He also has 60 fewer starts but only 10 fewer wins than stew. I would put my money on those 2 vs the field 99% of the time anywhere, but It’s a toss up between them when you get to familiar ground for Matt. He’s been off at places he doesn’t frequent as much, but he will be extremely fast at places he sees often. 

8 hours ago, Zach Mahoney said:

I said this before. Stew in Tom Cullen’s 1WGC was unstoppable. He did to U-R what he’s doing to Fonda now. It became boring to go there after awhile. 

My son used to say they should make him start in the pits just to give everyone else a chance at winning.

I can't wait for tonight.. Stew at UR, on American Racers, with more banking in 1&2.  Should be good.  Nobody has ever blasted the top of UR better than he did back then.