ads pay the bills. 

subscription to flo  ,which now includes dirt on dirt also....  is very cheap imo

Stew Friesen a no show tonight?   a little surprising

2 minutes ago, leroy said:

ads pay the bills. 

subscription to flo  ,which now includes dirt on dirt also....  is very cheap imo

Stew Friesen a no show tonight?   a little surprising

Friesen wrecked in his heat. 

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, leroy said:

ads pay the bills. 

Bingo. If my watching the same jalapeño kettle chip commercial 14 times in a row during downtime offsets costs enough to keep my subscription $150 a year, I’m all for it. I have other things to pay attention to to keep me busy while it happens 

• Like 5

And I remember when cable TV first came out....... they said since we were paying for it, that there would be ....drum role.... no commercials. That didn't last long.

• Haha 1

What they don't realize is that when you are forced to watch the same commercials over & over again that they stand a snowball's chance in hell of anyone catering to their service.....I wouldn't buy from Rock Auto ever after that....I was a subscriber to ESPN+ so I could watch MLB, but after the same Old Navy ad after every inning....I cancelled the service 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, racer80 said:

What they don't realize is that when you are forced to watch the same commercials over & over again that they stand a snowball's chance in hell of anyone catering to their service.....I wouldn't buy from Rock Auto ever after that 

This I agree with. Mix them up at least

5 hours ago, Bob Krummel said:

And I remember when cable TV first came out....... they said since we were paying for it, that there would be ....drum role.... no commercials. That didn't last long.

And PBS would be advertising and commercial free as well.

An awful lot of crying here, but you guys would bitch when the price went to $250/yr if they removed the ads. They run a couple during crash cleanup or during intermission. Who cares? Do you actually on your couch and watch a water truck or packers? Hell, I don’t even do that when I’m at the track. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Zach Mahoney said:

An awful lot of crying here, but you guys would bitch when the price went to $250/yr if they removed the ads. They run a couple during crash cleanup or during intermission. Who cares? Do you actually on your couch and watch a water truck or packers? Hell, I don’t even do that when I’m at the track. 

maybe you didn't read what i said.........i'm not crying about them. i asked since when they started having them during the racing action? there were several times last night when they played in the middle of the heat races and during the feature as well. i didn't even see the friesen wreck happen as it was during a commercial, instead it came back when he was crawling out of his car. then a replay of it. the point is to see the racing, the ads during down time i have no problem with

• Like 1
7 hours ago, racer80 said:

What they don't realize is that when you are forced to watch the same commercials over & over again that they stand a snowball's chance in hell of anyone catering to their service.....I wouldn't buy from Rock Auto ever after that....I was a subscriber to ESPN+ so I could watch MLB, but after the same Old Navy ad after every inning....I cancelled the service 

I see the commercials of course.  But I do not have a clue what who where Rock Auto is. Therefore, I would not buy from Rock Auto commercials or not.  No interest

9 times out of 10 I fall asleep watching  Flo races on the internet.  So I end up watching the replays  the next day.  

Just skip past the ads? ?  duh

No big deal to me if there is ads . So long as this keeps my subscription lower.   Play more 

I never really seem to the see ads during feature green..  Not sure where/why those comments is/are coming from

1 hour ago, macdaddywendell said:

maybe you didn't read what i said.........i'm not crying about them. i asked since when they started having them during the racing action? there were several times last night when they played in the middle of the heat races and during the feature as well. i didn't even see the friesen wreck happen as it was during a commercial, instead it came back when he was crawling out of his car. then a replay of it. the point is to see the racing, the ads during down time i have no problem with

I didn’t mean you in particular. I know what you meant. By “here” I meant the DTD forums. There have been multiple threads with people complaining about the ads. 

• Like 1

My only problem is why they have to have the sound 3 times louder than what you got it set to watch the race. It about blows my speaker up. My wife come and gives me hell and tells me to turn it down.  For that reason i will not buy anymore from Rock City Auto.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never watched a show 'Live' and didnt even realize that they air commercials. I always watch the replays so I can fast forward thru all the down time and yellows. I feel like I save a ton of time by doing this. I don't remember ever coming across a commercial during the replay version. 

51 minutes ago, happyracer said:

I've never watched a show 'Live' and didnt even realize that they air commercials. I always watch the replays so I can fast forward thru all the down time and yellows. I feel like I save a ton of time by doing this. I don't remember ever coming across a commercial during the replay version. 

Same here

20 hours ago, Zach Mahoney said:

I’d pay 350 a year if I never had to see another rock auto commercial. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I’d pay 350 a year if I never had to see another rock auto commercial. 

Fair enough. For what it’s worth, I love Rock Auto. Cheapest parts I’ve found. Haha 

I'll make a point I made in another thread.  I am curious to know if the other sports in the Flo platform have the same level of ads that the racing side does? If not, that sucks for us since they're paying the same $150/year that we are but we're the ones getting the ads. 

And as someone else said, I agree that if you are only rotating the same four or five ads it can have the opposite effect where I will go out of my way not to do business with these companies.  I feel like RockAuto has scaled back but now it's Progressive (I think?).  

I've also had the experience where the ad just randomly hits when it's not a natural break.  At least DirtVision coordinates theirs with breaks in the action when they're doing their fan activities, etc. 

1 hour ago, Zach Mahoney said:

Fair enough. For what it’s worth, I love Rock Auto. Cheapest parts I’ve found. Haha 

The commercials annoy me so badly I’d buy a new truck before I purchased a 1 dollar part with free shipping from them to fix my current one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1