2 hours ago, Jack Brady said:

Stewart is due.

"our" hmmm, are, ar, aaaarrrrrrr 

Guess I should ask for my money back on my college degrees.

Only degree I ever got was third degree ass burn when I paid full price to send my kids to college ...While  they now ask taxpayers  for all  student loans forgiven .....Today cheapest gas in my area  is  $4.25 for Regular ....  Should hit $5 by mid April ....DC swamp creatures are doing hell of a job importing our energy needs  real smart operators ..... On next Deyo $25,000 to win race .I'm picking #9 or  #44 but the Kid running spec 358 which I would guess is better on tire wear may do it ....

40 minutes ago, oilman said:

I think most tracks will be shut down by July. There is going to be no way to operate.

You don't think people will show up to race for 1500 bucks when that won't pay for 4 tires and fuel is over 20 a gallon? Not to mention to 6 dollar a gallon diesel everyone will have to use to get there 

11 minutes ago, jimbo8574 said:

Gas was about this high if not higher in 2008 did tracks shutdown then?

There is a lot more going now than just the cost of fuel. There wasn't a tire shortage , there wasn't a part shortage. Any track that is barely getting by week to week could very well shut down. 

4 minutes ago, ranger22 said:

There is a lot more going now than just the cost of fuel. There wasn't a tire shortage , there wasn't a part shortage. Any track that is barely getting by week to week could very well shut down. 

Sure is a bad time for this.  2020 was a lost season for many tracks.  2021 still had some Covid hang over sure.   And now a tire (and tons else related to race cars) shortage and $4.00+ a gallon for gas.  

I think it will continue to put the hurt on small business (tracks too).  Some series and promotions seems to be finding away to up payouts so maybe some businesses will fail (things over in the OCFS thread sound a bit dire).  

I was curious though if the last time gas was over $4 a gallon if it caused any tracks to suspend racing or close for the season.  I wasn't really following racing then so I wasn't sure either way.

42 minutes ago, jimbo8574 said:

Sure is a bad time for this.  2020 was a lost season for many tracks.  2021 still had some Covid hang over sure.   And now a tire (and tons else related to race cars) shortage and $4.00+ a gallon for gas.  

I think it will continue to put the hurt on small business (tracks too).  Some series and promotions seems to be finding away to up payouts so maybe some businesses will fail (things over in the OCFS thread sound a bit dire).  

I was curious though if the last time gas was over $4 a gallon if it caused any tracks to suspend racing or close for the season.  I wasn't really following racing then so I wasn't sure either way.

4 dollars for the fans but 20+ for the racers. Average night for a mod is going to be like 200 in a fuel and tires keep going up 

I doubt it has any impact. Many racers are almost always in over their heads anyway. Same with those driving a 4x4 truck (like myself) gas would need to be $5/litre for a sustained period of time for me to consider driving something else. Sure I might bitch and chew but if we all look hard enough we can find savings elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnyC said:

I doubt it has any impact. Many racers are almost always in over their heads anyway. Same with those driving a 4x4 truck (like myself) gas would need to be $5/litre for a sustained period of time for me to consider driving something else. Sure I might bitch and chew but if we all look hard enough we can find savings elsewhere. 

100% truth. Yea it sucks that fuel is higher, it sucks that there are shortages on some things, but at the end of the day, this all adds to a small percentage of increase on what raceteams spend in a year. Like I stated earlier, chassis and bodies have doubled in price over the last few years, and bicknell just keeps breaking records on cars built. Blow up one engine or total one car and one would gladly trade for the fuel cost increase. If the gas to get there is now the deciding factor in going racing…..you shouldn’t be racing. Now it could change decisions about traveling to shows, but if Florida and Cherokee are any indication….it didn’t bother too many. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

100% truth. Yea it sucks that fuel is higher, it sucks that there are shortages on some things, but at the end of the day, this all adds to a small percentage of increase on what raceteams spend in a year. Like I stated earlier, chassis and bodies have doubled in price over the last few years, and bicknell just keeps breaking records on cars built. Blow up one engine or total one car and one would gladly trade for the fuel cost increase. If the gas to get there is now the deciding factor in going racing…..you shouldn’t be racing. Now it could change decisions about traveling to shows, but if Florida and Cherokee are any indication….it didn’t bother too many. 

The key part of your posting is " bicknell just keeps breaking records on cars built". There are alot more racecars around than there was 2-3 years ago. So far this year,  I'm seeing some really good fields of cars at the races.

10 minutes ago, chas71 said:

The key part of your posting is " bicknell just keeps breaking records on cars built". There are alot more racecars around than there was 2-3 years ago. So far this year,  I'm seeing some really good fields of cars at the races.

Well if costs had some type of negative impact on racing…..we would have seen a massive drop off in new cars and guys running used/older ones. Parts/cars/engines have all gone up exponentially over the years and guys keep showing up so I can’t imagine an extra few bucks in fuel is going to close down facilities due to no participants. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Well if costs had some type of negative impact on racing…..we would have seen a massive drop off in new cars and guys running used/older ones. Parts/cars/engines have all gone up exponentially over the years and guys keep showing up so I can’t imagine an extra few bucks in fuel is going to close down facilities due to no participants. 

So you actually do possess some common sense!  At least when it comes to racing. Lol. Just kidding.  I couldnt agree more. I think you nailed it.  Great point!

2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Agreed with this completely. Might I also add for those skittish investors out there - never and I mean never bet against the economy. It might look bleak today. It might get worse yet. But it will bounce back. It always has and always will. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, toprow said:

I’ve be very curious as to what drivers, and car owners think about all this? Any of you guys care to chime in that are on here? 

It's easy to make assumptions when you're not paying the bills.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, toprow said:

I’ve be very curious as to what drivers, and car owners think about all this? Any of you guys care to chime in that are on here? 

We always find a way. It’s always been beg borrow and steal to get there. Unless you’re really good, then some breaks come.