Wight, McLaughlin, Friesen and Sheppard to OCFS weekly

8 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

I believe it pays $3000 weekly to win plus $25k for the point title. You would be hard pressed to find anyone paying that weekly. Plus if you do the double and win its $6000 for less than 60 laps of green flag racing. 

$30,000 point title ....$15,000 2nd.....$10,000 3rd....normal Saturday $3000. to win...Opening nite $3300 to win  ..Now Super DIRT was paying $40,000 to win series and you had to run everywhere against everyone and 100 laps per race ...NO BRAINER....Could be hell of a year at OC with talent there weekly in all classes ...602 class is strong and I'm sure 358 will have BB drivers also With good weather should be great year there ...August  11 ,  $25,000 to win BB....SB  May 14 ,  45 laps $4500 to win ....ESW  $20,000 358 race ....$40,000  BB race ....Add fact that if teams  have vendor trailers for shirts this could be good outlet for sales if crowds fallow this talent ....You have 7 time Champ managing  place and another  8 time champ competing No question OC is where it's happening in 2022 ....

• Like 2

After Saturday's STSS, all 6 podium-finish drivers complimented the racing surface.  Matt said "I could put the car anywhere.  I hope it's like that for the rest of the season."  

Brett and crew have their work cut out for them, but I am confident that they can present a similar surface on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

After Saturday's STSS, all 6 podium-finish drivers complimented the racing surface.  Matt said "I could put the car anywhere.  I hope it's like that for the rest of the season."  

Brett and crew have their work cut out for them, but I am confident that they can present a similar surface on a weekly basis.

Is Jeremy staying there all season??

1 hour ago, DaRooster said:

I hope so too.  I think last April their first race the track was pretty decent too.  Not all dried out and super dusty.  

Having Max McLaughlin and Larry Wight signed on for every Saturday night is pretty cool.

Anthony Perrego is still call OCFS home on Saturday too right?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Was reading a news and notes column and was a bit surprised to see Max McLaughlin and Larry Wight have plans to be at OCFS near weekly this year on Saturday nights.

ok! cherry pickers!  🍒

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, inthecuse said:

ok! cherry pickers!  🍒

I don't know if this was posted in jest, or meant to be serious.  But I have to tell you that the regular field of teams at Orange County are no slouches.  You would be hard-pressed to find so many seasoned drivers and high-quality equipment on a regular weekly basis.  You many beat them, but it won't be a cake-walk, and your equipment will be seriously strained in the process.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

Those guys in PA need $3k a week to replace nerf bars and tin after they smash there way to the front. You won't do that bs at ocfs.

Middletown is just as rough on equipment when it's a one groove track or it's a motocross track. The track has been in good shape the last 2 shows hopefully it'll continue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaRooster said:

I don't know if this was posted in jest, or meant to be serious.  But I have to tell you that the regular field of teams at Orange County are no slouches.  You would be hard-pressed to find so many seasoned drivers and high-quality equipment on a regular weekly basis.  You many beat them, but it won't be a cake-walk, and your equipment will be seriously strained in the process.  

Yes my comment wasn't serious and I definitely wasn't trying to throw any OCFS drivers under the bus.  It seems like it was a running a joke a few years ago on here about teams "cherry picking" to get more wins. Then the conversation even came up in the "how will high fuel costs affect racing" with how drivers avoided other good drivers so this increased their P1 stats.  

In all seriousness, as others have pointed out, I do find it interesting to make a 3 hour drive when Fulton is minutes from your shop in Wight's case and about 30 minutes in Max's case and Canandaigua is closer than OCFS too.

• Like 1

Racing 358s at Fulton does not help a big block program, so I’m sure Larry is looking at that. Then the money that is up pushes some teams that direction rather than canandaigua. 

The previous discussion about “avoiding” other talent was referring to Utica. The cakewalk that matt and stew had last year appears to be over. The additions of Yankowski, Decker, ward and possibly a few others will strengthen that field quite a bit. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Racing 358s at Fulton does not help a big block program, so I’m sure Larry is looking at that. Then the money that is up pushes some teams that direction rather than canandaigua. 

The previous discussion about “avoiding” other talent was referring to Utica. The cakewalk that matt and stew had last year appears to be over. The additions of Yankowski, Decker, ward and possibly a few others will strengthen that field quite a bit. 

He should go to Fonda where it has been said there is very little talent except when Stew is there.  An easy $2,400 every Saturday night and an hour and a half closer than Middletown.

34 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

He should go to Fonda where it has been said there is very little talent except when Stew is there.  An easy $2,400 every Saturday night and an hour and a half closer than Middletown.

He would win more at Fonda than ocfs but once again, he runs weekly at Brewerton and spends more time in a big block on Hoosiers….running an open small block on American racers doesn’t help the bulk of his program. 

11 hours ago, inthecuse said:

Yes my comment wasn't serious and I definitely wasn't trying to throw any OCFS drivers under the bus.  It seems like it was a running a joke a few years ago on here about teams "cherry picking" to get more wins. Then the conversation even came up in the "how will high fuel costs affect racing" with how drivers avoided other good drivers so this increased their P1 stats.  

In all seriousness, as others have pointed out, I do find it interesting to make a 3 hour drive when Fulton is minutes from your shop in Wight's case and about 30 minutes in Max's case and Canandaigua is closer than OCFS too.

Must be Larry and Max are trying to avoid the competition at Fulton/Canandaigua. 😀

Seriously though, did Larry even race every Saturday at Fulton last year?   

The only thing that seems odd to me in the big picture.  For some reason I thought Larry was the manager/promoter at Fulton?  Seems as though he would want to be there.  Racing or not.  He has been on record here saying that family and business comes before the racing

34 minutes ago, leroy said:

Must be Larry and Max are trying to avoid the competition at Fulton/Canandaigua. 😀

The only thing that seems odd to me in the big picture.  For some reason I thought Larry was the manager/promoter at Fulton?  Seems as though he would want to be there.  Racing or not.  He has been on record here saying that family and business comes before the racing

Cory Reed runs the speedways.  Larry runs his dump truck business his 99 line race line and is learning his fathers trucking business. Along with 2 young kids his plate is pretty full. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leroy said:

I think Larry was there pretty regularly on Saturdays in 2021? He won the Canandaigua big block title in 2020 when Fulton/Brewerton didn't open.  

• WheelsUpHammerDown10 changed the title to Wight, McLaughlin, Friesen and Sheppard to OCFS weekly