Letter from Hoosier Tire

Price increase and continued shortage of supply
Dear Valued Customer
On April 04, 2022, Hoosier Racing Tire Corporation implemented a price increase on select products. Prices and increases vary across specific articles within different racing segments.
The continuation of unprecedented, skyrocketing costs in four key areas has led to this action: Raw material prices continue to increase at historically high levels with limited supply. Labor costs continue to increase in a tight labor market.
Logistic costs especially for imported raw materials are at record levels.
Gas and energy costs dramatically increased.
Hoosier is extremely sensitive to the impact price increases have to the motorsports market, and we are committed to doing everything we can to limit that impact; however, we are left with no choice but to pass along a fraction of the cost increases we are seeing in order to continue to produce products for all of the different segments we service.
In addition to the challenge of ever-increasing costs, Hoosier continues to be faced with an inventory deficit and increased market demand leading to tire supply shortages in certain market segments. While our tire production has seen record output in recent weeks, the depletion of inventory stock throughout the supply chain, coupled with continued increase in demand for product, has resulted in little improvement to the tire supply shortages seen in 2021.
We will work with our distribution partners as well as individual customers to find solutions in the months to come, but we do have to inform you that you may see tire supply shortages throughout 2022. We are forecasting and planning to produce many more tires in 2022 than in 2021; however, the inventory hole which has been created will take a significant amount of time to overcome.
We sincerely regret the impact this may have for racers and your business. Rest assured, we are striving to meet everyone’s needs and will continue to communicate any updates as conditions change.
We appreciate your understanding during this difficult period. Sincerely,
Joerg Burfien - President -
Hoosier Racing Tire Corporation

• Confused 1

this is the result of more jobs than ever before 🤗🤣

i do think the jobs exist out there..... ..   ...    somewhere

somewhere near the jetson cars we are all supposed to be driving in 2026

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

Complete bs. 

What's bullshit about it?  Do you live under a rock?  Don't mean to be confrontational, OR turn it into a political sh*tfest, but anyone who gets out of bed in the morning can see that there is a supply chain crisis.  Doesn't matter how it happened or why it happened.  It just is and we all have to deal with it best we can until we find our way out of it.  I've got a lawn tractor and power push mower on order for months and just checked two days ago and nothings changed.  BS?  Nope, but there are definitely some people out there who need to come out of their caves once in a while.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, premiumdiesel said:

It's time to open up the tire rules. If the one manufacturer can't supply then you should be able to use AR.

AR has the very same issues. Street tires  are even getting hard to get in the most common sizes. This is an industry wide issue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, premiumdiesel said:

It's time to open up the tire rules. If the one manufacturer can't supply then you should be able to use AR.

Hoosier would certainly not have any shortages at that point. Atleast not when it comes to the northeast mod tires.

43 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

I watched the first 6 minutes and what I got out of it was, no supply chain issue, It's a worker shortage. yes, no?

Watching only 6 minutes is useless . Watch all of it , especially the Brent Marks segment .

• Like 1

Is 'Joerg Burfien' Joe Biden's alias because the Hoosier President sounds like a real seasoned politician.

How can you say 'while our tire production has seen record output in recent weeks' and then literally talk about supply chain issues that will affect business and price increases for 2022 much like 2021 did in the next few sentences.

2 hours ago, racermurray said:

Watching only 6 minutes is useless . Watch all of it , especially the Brent Marks segment .

Don't have time right now, but without watching it you want me to believe a racer over the guy that oversees production of the tires?? Now I am not talking about price increases, I am talking about the shortage of tires, or is there not a shortage of tires? Set me straight..Hoosier is more than likely raising prices because they can and are using inflation as an excuse.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

Don't have time right now, but without watching it you want me to believe a racer over the guy that oversees production of the tires?? Now I am not talking about price increases, I am talking about the shortage of tires, or is there not a shortage of tires? Set me straight..Hoosier is more than likely raising prices because they can and are using inflation as an excuse.

Brent Marks makes some very interesting points about adding more tire money to the already established budget . He also makes a very valid point about how this increase could kill the sport entirely when only 15 to 16 cars show up for a race by the time mid season rolls around. He also noted the quality of the tires is total shit with the tires being out of round and some times 2" of difference between the left side and right side of the tire making the tires not usable .He was asked if he had a solution he said yes I do "make harder tires that will last longer"  A lot more info was given but I have typed enough.......watch the interview

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

The shortage would stop if you didnt make teams use a specific brand. Competition has a way to make things better. 

What part of "industry wide issue" don't you get?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

The shortage would stop if you didnt make teams use a specific brand. Competition has a way to make things better. 

It would likely make it much worse. Teams would have to carry multiple compounds and use the softest tire that will last the feature. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

Open tire rules have never done a thing except cost the teams far more money. Brent Marks is on the same page I’ve harped on forever…..make the teams run harder tires. While your at it, ban siping or grooving. Tires will last far longer, the racing will be better, driver talent and set up will mean more and it will save money. The only people it hurts are those profiting off of each tire sale…. tracks/sanctioning bodies and the manufacturers.  It would be great if teams stuck together and just didn’t go to some events until some of the cost saving rules were implemented…..but will never happen.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Open tire rules have never done a thing except cost the teams far more money. Brent Marks is on the same page I’ve harped on forever…..make the teams run harder tires. While your at it, ban siping or grooving. Tires will last far longer, the racing will be better, driver talent and set up will mean more and it will save money. The only people it hurts are those profiting off of each tire sale…. tracks/sanctioning bodies and the manufacturers.  It would be great if teams stuck together and just didn’t go to some events until some of the cost saving rules were implemented…..but will never happen.

It would cost the teams more money. But premiumdiesel is right.   The tire shortage would end real quick.  

you start buying tires, parts, or anything else from store B because A says there out.   All the sudden A will find some.  Yep  

I am totally on board with the harder tire.  Just my opinion . I think the racing would be better . Maybe. Maybe not.  But at the very least the tires would last a little longer

38 minutes ago, leroy said:

It would cost the teams more money. But premiumdiesel is right.   The tire shortage would end real quick.  

you start buying tires, parts, or anything else from store B because A says there out.   All the sudden A will find some.  Yep  

I am totally on board with the harder tire.  Just my opinion . I think the racing would be better . Maybe. Maybe not.  But at the very least the tires would last a little longer

The cars are far to stuck to the ground…..motors mean too much today….hard tires and less decking in the cars would help tremendously. Tire shortages wouldn’t end…..nobody is showing up with Hoosiers at an open tire event. So some teams that have loads of A/R tires are ahead of the game for a longer period of time and when they can’t produce enough for the other teams, those drivers stay home. Your not coming with Hoosiers because “that’s what’s available” just to get your ass kicked by teams that had far more racers to start with.  The only short term solution is to start implementing rules that allow for a tire to last much longer…..banning siping and grooving is an extremely easy rule to enforce and would accomplish what’s needed. But the people who make the money will absolutely not lose a nickel to help the raceteams. The whole “buying from store A vs B” situation only applies if both products are equal or relatively close. If option A is gold and option B is dogshit…..well nobody is rushing to buy dogshit. They will just wait for the gold to come back in stock. 

• Like 1

I totally agree on taking away the aerodynamics and making the tires harder. It saves the teams money, less wear and tear, less need for a top of the line motor, etc. because you can't get all the horsepower to the ground.

But that is the formula the IMCA Mods use and people can't wait to crap on that class at the drop of a hat because of the tire rule.

• Like 1