Political Advertisements on Race Cars

I dont ever remember in my 61 years of watching dirt races of ever seeing a political advertisement on a race car.  I saw one last night at a track on a Pro Stock on the hood scoop.  What a bummer to see that.  I hope he breaks on lap one every single time he goes out on the track.  That way I wont have to look at it.  Cant understand why someone would want to put a political advertisement on a car. Im surprised there arent rules against it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I dont ever remember in my 61 years of watching dirt races of ever seeing a political advertisement on a race car.  I saw one last night at a track on a Pro Stock on the hood scoop.  What a bummer to see that.  I hope he breaks on lap one every single time he goes out on the track.  That way I wont have to look at it.  Cant understand why someone would want to put a political advertisement on a car. Im surprised there arent rules against it. 

It's Free Country, last time I checked.  What about that don't you understand? 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Central PA 358 Sprint Car driver Ashley Cappetta has had the "Hanover Republican Club" on her car for a number of years, but so what? If you go on driver Facebook pages, there are many drivers that make their political views known. Again, so what? I am not at all bothered by a driver not having the same political view as me. It doesn't matter.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

It's Free Country, last time I checked.  What about that don't you understand? 

I go to the speedway to get away from all the nonsense of the failing politicians who havent figured out in the last 21 years that you cant have more money going out than you have coming in. The last time we had a budget surplus was 2001.  They have all failed since then.  Every single one of them. 

53 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

You didn't notice the Tyler Trump 2020 car 2 years ago?  I have seen a few Confederate flags on the roofs of cars a year or 3 ago.   And I know the Pro Stock you are talking about.  Noticed it last week in Victory lane.  Last year (or again maybe year before) one of the cars at one of the bigger shows at OCFS had F*CK Biden cover over the back of their car.    Several 2020 Trump flags on the push vehicles or the ones moving tires around and even some 2024 ones.

I would imagine Dirt Racers are primarily right leaning/voting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Is it 61, or 6.1, because I swear sometimes you act like a 6 year old. If you don't like it, don't look at it, pretty goddamn simple. But NOOOOOO you have to go on a racing forum and cry about it. The same racing forum that you cry to the moderators about when politics are talked about (which you are just as guilty of as the 5 others that can't seem to get away from politics) and then you have the gall to start a thread about it.

I'd call you a tool, but dude you're a complete stacker toolbox.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

I’ve seen political statements and/or sponsorships on cars for years. I don’t know how this is the first time you’ve ever seen one. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

I’ve seen political statements and/or sponsorships on cars for years. I don’t know how this is the first time you’ve ever seen one. 

It's hard to see when you're crying because the lap times are a half second slower than the week before. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Sicklajoie said:

It's hard to see when you're crying because the lap times are a half second slower than the week before. 🤣

Cars are going slower you can read them now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Plenty of let’s go Brandon apparel and flags in the short track racing circuit too.

Those are just Brandon Brown fans. All my neighbors are big fans of his as well.

Don’t head south….damn near every car has some type of political advertisement that downthebackstretch won’t agree with. He won’t like the push trucks, the flags still hanging in the infield at some places and 98% of the fans either. 

2 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

I honestly cant remember seeing any names of politicians on cars. But I will take your word for it. I guess I shouldnt be surprised. 

A few years ago a local modified team was sponsored by an individual running for office. That same year I believe the opponent sponsored a bill off at the same track!!!! I think it’s great that someone running for office realized the benefits of having their name on a car at a local speedway to promote their candidacy!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I go to the speedway to get away from all the nonsense of the failing politicians who havent figured out in the last 21 years that you cant have more money going out than you have coming in. The last time we had a budget surplus was 2001.  They have all failed since then.  Every single one of them. 

I think your just seeing hard working pushed to hard,bye the nut bags ruining this FREE country.

12 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

A few years ago a local modified team was sponsored by an individual running for office. That same year I believe the opponent sponsored a bill off at the same track!!!! I think it’s great that someone running for office realized the benefits of having their name on a car at a local speedway to promote their candidacy!!!

Most politicians are doing a very poor job and Im talking especially the last 20 years or so.  I go to the track to get away from it all.  

48 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Most politicians are doing a very poor job and Im talking especially the last 20 years or so.  I go to the track to get away from it all.  

You go to get away from it all but you consistently bring it on here or blat about it if you see it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Well,you got balls, Ill say that for you.  Common sense,not so much!  Political ads are just that...ADS.  No different than Joes Popcorn Palace slapped on the flanks of Cousin Festers street stock at BumF*ck Speedway down in the holla.  Dude, you really ought to think things through before you post.  Politicians have every right to advertise as anyone.  Your problem is you let your feelings guide you and not your noggin.  You just sound rediculously closed minded and completely silly.  There's an old saying that goes  "When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging."  You sir, should stop digging!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, Josh Bayko said:

I feel like Hucks cars would deeply upset this fella

8 hours ago, Hot Dog said:

I feel like Hucks cars would deeply upset this fella

I’m sure. I’m also sure that car that Schlenk brought to Eldora a year or two ago would also make his blood boil. 

I’m not an overly political guy, but I don’t really care what folks put on their race car.  They’ve invested tens or hundreds of thousands in my entertainment, it’s their right to decorate their investment however they want. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

I’m sure. I’m also sure that car that Schlenk brought to Eldora a year or two ago would also make his blood boil. 

I’m not an overly political guy, but I don’t really care what folks put on their race car.  They’ve invested tens or hundreds of thousands in my entertainment, it’s their right to decorate their investment however they want. 

Couldn’t agree more. It’s your car, put whatever you want on it

I am fine with political ads on cars, doesn't bother me at all. It's a free country, free speech, just as I can wear shirts supporting my guys (Yung Money & Smoke), other fans and teams can support their guy.

42 minutes ago, BillSmith said:

I am fine with political ads on cars, doesn't bother me at all. It's a free country, free speech, just as I can wear shirts supporting my guys (Yung Money & Smoke), other fans and teams can support their guy.

Is it really a free country?

• Confused 1