Political Advertisements on Race Cars

2 hours ago, BillSmith said:

I am fine with political ads on cars, doesn't bother me at all. It's a free country, free speech, just as I can wear shirts supporting my guys (Yung Money & Smoke), other fans and teams can support their guy.

So this isn't you telling downthebackstretch, 'keep yung money's name out your f_____in' mouth'?

keep-my-wifes-name-out-of-your-mouth-wil

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Is it really a free country?

Okay, a deep discount country. :)

3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Is it really a free country?

Sure it is. You are free to choose where you want to live. And, if you don't care for any of the options, you are free to move somewhere else.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:31 PM, DowntheBackStretch said:

I dont ever remember in my 61 years of watching dirt races of ever seeing a political advertisement on a race car.  I saw one last night at a track on a Pro Stock on the hood scoop.  What a bummer to see that.  I hope he breaks on lap one every single time he goes out on the track.  That way I wont have to look at it.  Cant understand why someone would want to put a political advertisement on a car. Im surprised there arent rules against it. 

I am going to proceed under the presumption that the candidate that was being promoted as a sponsor is not someone that you support ideologically. If my presumption is correct, would you be as upset if the candidate was one that you support? I believe that you are more upset over whom the candidate is than you are that the sponsor is a political candidate. Please correct me where necessary. Why should there be rules against having a political candidate as a sponsor?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kryptonite73 said:

LMAO! Who would have the balls to show up at a dirt track with Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi plastered all over their car? Hahahahahahahahaha! 

Sure fire way to be on the hook every night.

28 minutes ago, Spazman said:

I am going to proceed under the presumption that the candidate that was being promoted as a sponsor is not someone that you support ideologically. If my presumption is correct, would you be as upset if the candidate was one that you support? I believe that you are more upset over whom the candidate is than you are that the sponsor is a political candidate. Please correct me where necessary. Why should there be rules against having a political candidate as a sponsor?

You are under the presumption these politicians are sponsoring cars? 

35 minutes ago, Kryptonite73 said:

LMAO! Who would have the balls to show up at a dirt track with Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi plastered all over their car? Hahahahahahahahaha! 

She would approve!

pelosi-dentures-nancy-pelosi.gif

3 hours ago, Spazman said:

Honestly, you are incorrect. I never noticed political ads on cars before until last year and this year. I just think along the lines of why somebody would bother to ruin a nice looking car with political ads. Obviously I am in the minority.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kryptonite73 said:

Its even funnier when somebody puts the name of someone who tried to overturn a U.S. Presidential Election.  The same guy who asked his defense secretary if they could just shoot the peaceful protesters. Lmao. Cant make this shit up! Lmao!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I wonder if you notice it more with more HD video available then ever before?  The Trump 2020 on that Pro stock I doubt you could see from the first row of the stands.  It is pretty small.   The guy wins very frequently so is in victory lane at a few different speedways.  

Several years ago (2018 I think) Tyler Dipple had a larger graphic on his car that was for a Republican organization.   Same one I believe he had on his Nascar truck late that year.  That I could see from the grandstands at least a dozen rows up without my glasses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Its even funnier when somebody puts the name of someone who tried to overturn a U.S. Presidential Election.  The same guy who asked his defense secretary if they could just shoot the peaceful protesters. Lmao. Cant make this shit up! Lmao!

I think you mean "peaceful" rioters.

1 hour ago, Bob Krummel said:

I think you mean "peaceful" rioters.

You are spreading misinformation again.  Peaceful protesters in front of the WH according to many WH sources and millions of people watching live on TV.  He wanted to shoot them... for real.  smh.

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

Much more funny I'm  paying 4.69 for gas and 6.49 for diesel. I can't quit laughing. 

Educate yourself.  Find out what determines the price of oil and gas.  Funnier that Billion Dollar Corporations do not pay any tax. Lol.

39 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

You are spreading misinformation again.  Peaceful protesters in front of the WH according to many WH sources and millions of people watching live on TV.  He wanted to shoot them... for real.  smh.

Shooting a few “peaceful protesters” would certainly do some good in many cities in the country. Portland residents would welcome it I’m sure. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Educate yourself.  Find out what determines the price of oil and gas.  Funnier that Billion Dollar Corporations do not pay any tax. Lol.

Oh, ok. I'll try to do that. Answer this, was it this high when your fascination with someone else was The highest up?  A simple yes or no will do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

Oh, ok. I'll try to do that. Answer this, was it this high when your fascination with someone else was The highest up?  A simple yes or no will do. 

You won’t get it. What you’ll get is a island full of bs. 👍🏼

• Like 3