Jump to content



Modifieds at Lincoln Speedway 3/4/23


Recommended Posts

It's never too early to mark your calendars for something this exciting!

ย 

๐Ÿšจ For the first time since 2012, the ๐–’๐–”๐–‰๐–Ž๐–‹๐–Ž๐–Š๐–‰๐–˜ will be back at Lincoln Speedway on March 4, 2023!! ๐Ÿšจ

Mods/410's

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, In the Shadows said:

It's never too early to mark your calendars for something this exciting!

ย 

๐Ÿšจ For the first time since 2012, the ๐–’๐–”๐–‰๐–Ž๐–‹๐–Ž๐–Š๐–‰๐–˜ will be back at Lincoln Speedway on March 4, 2023!! ๐Ÿšจ

Mods/410's

Any word on what rules?ย  ย PA small blocks only?ย  Big/small block challenge?ย  A replacement for the Ice breaker at Selinsgrove? or something else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 10/28/2022 at 12:38 PM, In the Shadows said:

It's never too early to mark your calendars for something this exciting!

ย 

๐Ÿšจ For the first time since 2012, the ๐–’๐–”๐–‰๐–Ž๐–‹๐–Ž๐–Š๐–‰๐–˜ will be back at Lincoln Speedway on March 4, 2023!! ๐Ÿšจ

Mods/410's

Looks like one car for each year since they've been there.ย  Hopefully the few they have put on a good show.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enough for a decent heat race.ย 

I think this illustrates how bad the fragmentation of the Modified division is. BB, spec 358, open 358, Deyo rules, WRG rules, etcโ€ฆ in contrast, a LM is a LM and a 410 Sprint is a 410 Sprint pretty much wherever you go ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is PA spec rules.ย  So that basically leaves just Big Diamond or Grandivew cars.ย 

But even IF it was an open or big block show?ย  How many would travel all the way to Lincoln for for $3000 to win?ย  Especially when you consider it is a stand alone show.ย  No other mod races this weekend.ย 

ย 

ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, scottnorwood said:

Felt bad for Cozze not being able to even start the race.ย 
ย 

He just missed a top 10.

I thought it would be a freight train around the bottom.ย  Not a bad race.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Both features were very good.ย ย 

The Sprint Car feature was REAL good. No 11 car Modified feature is good. Just my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, racermurray said:

BAPS has scheduled modifieds for 3/18 .

Hopefully they get more than 11 entries or I think you can kiss modifieds goodbye in that region .

Howard implied that a few more might have showed up if the weather was better? Maybe another couple weeks might make a difference?ย  I do not know.ย  But with the rulesย  ,they are shooting for Big Diamond and Grandview cars. And those two tracks pay as much if not more weekly than what Lincoln was offering. There are also big money shows scheduled at those two tracks the first couple weeks of season, which is not for four or five more weeks. Could some teams still be working on their stuff?ย ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also think this was scheduled or at least the idea raised when everyone thought Grandview wasnโ€™t coming back. Give those guys a place to race and maybe it can grow into something. Isnโ€™t there a race at the Grove too this year? With Grandview now back and such lousy support, I wonder if itโ€™ll be a one and done.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, con7 said:

I also think this was scheduled or at least the idea raised when everyone thought Grandview wasnโ€™t coming back. Give those guys a place to race and maybe it can grow into something. Isnโ€™t there a race at the Grove too this year? With Grandview now back and such lousy support, I wonder if itโ€™ll be a one and done.ย 

Friday March 31 is PA spec mods at Williams Grove

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you really think about it there really arenโ€™t that many guys that run Big Diamond or Grandview that travel around. There are many that just strictly just run Big Diamond or Grandview period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure Lincoln's management was remembering 20 or so years ago when Williams Grove and Hagerstown would schedule Spring Modified shows and get at least a full field, often 40-50 cars. BAPS seems to steadily draw decent Modified fields. On paper it was a decent idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BillSmith said:

I'm sure Lincoln's management was remembering 20 or so years ago when Williams Grove and Hagerstown would schedule Spring Modified shows and get at least a full field, often 40-50 cars. BAPS seems to steadily draw decent Modified fields. On paper it was a decent idea.

Pretty sure those events opened up the rules. Also paid out more money. Those two things lured the teams that travel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Pretty sure those events opened up the rules. Also paid out more money. Those two things lured the teams that travel.

Hagerstown used to have a fairly open 358 rulebook, but if I remember correctly, Williams Grove had a Big Block show and a PA 358 (Grandview/Big Diamond) show every March. I remember much whining and moaning about how the "Mud Turtles" dragged out the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.











×
×
  • Create New...