2023 Chili Bowl Midget Nationals Entry List

I actually liked seeing Kofold step in it, things didn't seem right during the qualifiers with his very badly timed slide job, and the fact everyone else had to go to the back but he didn't. That didn't sit well with me. 

T-Mac really struggled just to get in the A-Main, but he did a hell of a job from 19th to 8th. Got 8th place right at the line, he was flying. In his qualifier I really thought he had it till I think it was Kaylee? Who put on a great move to steal the win on the last lap.

1 hour ago, dan dan said:

No way possible it could be a nearly 1-2 sweep of favorite drivers locking in. They ain't there. Ask rpm72x. He will tell you as much. 

Theres 2 favorites when they are there…..along with 10 or so guys that have a legit chance at winning. Take your pick of the dozen guys this year that have a realistic shot at winning and make them the 2 favorites. Makes no difference which ones. It’s still the same deal as every year. 340-350 “guys” and a dozen drivers with a real shot. Just this year lacks the 2 best. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Theres 2 favorites when they are there…..along with 10 or so guys that have a legit chance at winning. Take your pick of the dozen guys this year that have a realistic shot at winning and make them the 2 favorites. Makes no difference which ones. It’s still the same deal as every year. 340-350 “guys” and a dozen drivers with a real shot. Just this year lacks the 2 best. 

Buddy is there with the top two . He has a hole to dig out of now though. Should be fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, jwt said:

Buddy is there with the top two . He has a hole to dig out of now though. Should be fun to watch. 

He’s a strong runner, but I don’t think he has won it yet, so until then he’s not in that group.

Buddy's chances sunk to absolute 0 on Tuesday night.

Billy V turned some heads, couldn't make it out of the B though. But put on a hell of a charge. He will at least get to sleep till 11am on Saturday. 

Lots of dirt cars lift the left, sometimes the right, but it's crazy how this guys can go through the corner and actually have both front tires off the ground... friggin crazy

10 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Yeah because anyone had anything for Kofoid if he didn't wreck. Give me a break. He had bad luck. That is the only reason why that race became nearly as exciting as it was.

Kofoid and McCreadie will still be in the mix on Saturday.

For as "quiet" as i was you sure didn't have a whole lot to say on Monday night either after it was nearly a 1-2 sweep the favorite drivers and locking in.

Feeling quite confident that at least half to 10 drivers of the 13 I selected will be in the A-main right now unless some more "bad luck" happens.

On another note, Spencer Bayston has looked fast all week and he definitely could be a driver in the mix on Saturday to help Baumes' field group. I briefly toyed with including him instead of Axom or McCreadie. 

It’s obvious you didn’t watch the whole program. Hank Davis & Spencer Bayston were as good as, if not better, than Kofoid was. Maybe one day you will actually attend this race, and your attitude will change. And it’s Axsom.

1 hour ago, Darrell Welty said:

I wonder how many drivers don't pick Wednesday because of Rico

Rico is one hell of a wheel man. He dropped back to fifth at one point of the race. I believe he was forth on that last yellow and at the drop of the green he went to the top and made it work. He was one of few who went to the top at the end. He never gave up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jumper12a said:

It’s obvious you didn’t watch the whole program. Hank Davis & Spencer Bayston were as good as, if not better, than Kofoid was. Maybe one day you will actually attend this race, and your attitude will change. And it’s Axsom.

I literally just said Bayston has looked fast all week…

I did watch the whole program. Kofoid wasn’t losing if he didn’t wreck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Kofoid wasn’t losing if he didn’t wreck.

And you know this, how? Hank Davis was with Michael Kofoid every step of the way. I think he was a touch better than Kofoid was, and Bayston probably had the best car of the 3. I hate to burst your bubble, but nobody will know how it would have played out.

5 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

That is some seriously competitive racing when a driver wins eight years in a row on his preliminary night.

Keith Kunz has now had at least one of his cars win a Chili Bowl feature 13 years in a row. What a competitive division of racing. LOL.

No clue

• Haha 3

When you bring 8 top cars with 8 top talents...and you spread them out 2 across each day... the odds are in the their favor.. not to mention having 8 cars worth of feedback during the week... 

Anyone else realize the Tuesday way in the Skip Seymour ride (well, they said a different name, Im guessing the next generation) and is from up here in the northeast. When they had the powerI midgets I remember Anthony Nocella winning a race or 2 at the Ridge with the series when they came thru for that team. I think hes running Whelen Mods now.

Timmy was right tho, back when he started there were few power teams with the best of the best, heck even Kunz wasnt then... but now even D and E Main cars are showing up with the best of the best of stuff and damn talented drivers... I wonder in another 10 years if we arent mentioning Chad Boat's teams in the same vain and Kunz... I think they currently are, but Kunz has been at for a lot longer.

6 minutes ago, The Rabbitt said:

When you bring 8 top cars with 8 top talents...and you spread them out 2 across each day... the odds are in the their favor.. not to mention having 8 cars worth of feedback during the week... 

Anyone else realize the Tuesday way in the Skip Seymour ride (well, they said a different name, Im guessing the next generation) and is from up here in the northeast. When they had the powerI midgets I remember Anthony Nocella winning a race or 2 at the Ridge with the series when they came thru for that team. I think hes running Whelen Mods now.

Timmy was right tho, back when he started there were few power teams with the best of the best, heck even Kunz wasnt then... but now even D and E Main cars are showing up with the best of the best of stuff and damn talented drivers... I wonder in another 10 years if we arent mentioning Chad Boat's teams in the same vain and Kunz... I think they currently are, but Kunz has been at for a lot longer.

I think it’s Bobby Seymour. 

Skip Seymour owned and sponsored dirt modifieds. 

13 minutes ago, HighPlainsDrifter said:

I think it’s Bobby Seymour. 

Skip Seymour owned and sponsored dirt modifieds. 

You're right.. brain fart... Lou Seymour..  Skip did, the #4s.. I knew that... Bobby and Mike are his sons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderSpeed78 said:

whoa.....

Whoa indeed...

That was either a catastrophic failure or catastrophic dumbness... With a pinch of maybe the belts came loose and he didn't know it, which I find nearly impossible to believe. 

Regardless, hope he's OK. 

Torgerson is apparently going to be fine. 

What I don’t understand is what everybody scrambled to say stop showing the video, because it as disrespectful. Now that everybody knows he’s going to be ok, people should watch that video at length and slowed down and analyzed so the safety equipment people can find out what went wrong and attempt to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Rabbitt said:

Timmy was right tho, back when he started there were few power teams with the best of the best, heck even Kunz wasnt then...

He is correct on that. It seems like a million years ago when guys like Tim McCreadie and Cory Kruseman could win the Chili Bowl or the race was actually competitive.

27 minutes ago, westracing01 said:

Whoa indeed...

That was either a catastrophic failure or catastrophic dumbness... With a pinch of maybe the belts came loose and he didn't know it, which I find nearly impossible to believe. 

Regardless, hope he's OK. 

Just now, Josh Bayko said:

Torgerson is apparently going to be fine. 

What I don’t understand is what everybody scrambled to say stop showing the video, because it as disrespectful. Now that everybody knows he’s going to be ok, people should watch that video at length and slowed down and analyzed so the safety equipment people can find out what went wrong and attempt to fix it. 

Exactly. I was about to post same thing. My instincts say his belts were not installed or wore properly