MALTA, NY – Brett Hearn’s Big Show will be turning 10 this year when the biggest summer event in the Capital District comes to life on June 26th along with the stars and cars of the Super DIRTcar Big Block Series at Albany Saratoga Speedway. Making it to 10 years these days shows incredible perseverance and staying power.
During the previous nine Big Shows there have been seven different winners proving Brett Hearn’s event is difficult to win and loaded with talented drivers all vying for the title of Big Show Champion. To win the 10th anniversary edition will take nothing less than 110% effort at the great race place.
In the spirit of celebrating the Big Show’s 10th anniversary, here are 10 fun facts about Brett Hearn’s extravaganza you will find interesting:
1) Billy Decker and Jimmy Phelps are the only two drivers to win Brett Hearn’s Big Show twice.
2) Erick Rudolph, Larry Wight, Elmo Reckner, Ronnie Johnson, Jimmy Phelps, Peter Britten, Stewart Friesen, Lance Willix II, and Justin Haers have all finished 10th in Brett Hearn’s Big Show.
3) There have been 10 drivers with multiple top five finishes in Brett Hearn’s Big Show including Billy Decker, Stewart Friesen, Brett Hearn, Matt Sheppard, Danny Johnson, Gary Tomkins, Peter Britten, Billy Dunn, Tommy Meier, and Jimmy Phelps.
4) 37 different drivers have posted top 10 finishes in Brett Hearn’s Big Show.
5) The aforementioned Billy Decker is the only driver to finish top 10 in every single Brett Hearn’s Big Show feature event.
6) 21 different drivers have won qualifying heat races during Brett Hearn’s Big Show.
7) Peter Britten leads all drivers with 4 qualifying heat race wins during Brett Hearn’s Big Show. He’s tied with Billy Decker.
8) During the battle of goliaths Mitch Gibbs, Michael Storms, Chuck McKee, Vince Vitale, Marc Johnson, Bill VanInwegan, Matt DeLorenzo, Matt Williamson, and Max McLaughlin have all came out swinging for the underdogs with impressive top 10 finishes.
9) Billy Decker leads all drives with six top five finishes and nine top 10 finishes during Brett Hearn’s Big Show.
10) Track Champions, Super DIRTcar Series Champions, Super Dirt Week Champions, NASCAR Drivers, and Hall Of Fame Drivers have visited victory lane during Brett Hearn’s Big Show.
Brett Hearn’s Big Show has established staying power, after all that’s how an event reaches a 10th year anniversary. It’s appeal to the fans, it’s showmanship above and beyond the racing on the track, and the support from great marketing partners make it more than just a race, but an event.
To make such an event happen it takes generous marketing partners. Returning partners include Recovery Sports Grill, Halmar International, and VP Racing Fuels. Along with the event each year is the Big Crate Show for Sportsman as well, which is presented by Fox Racing Shocks. This isn’t all the ‘Jersey Jet’ has planned for the fans though.
NASCAR personality Kenny Wallace will be joining the festivities at Big Show 10 along with Super Dirt Week outlaw Gary Balough, who’s infamous ‘Bat Mobile’ shook up the dirt racing community after dominating back-to-back wins at the moody mile. Balough will be promoting his new book releasing this summer.
For up to date information on Brett Hearn’s Big Show 10 on June 26th at Albany Saratoga Speedway please visit www.thebigshow10.com. Take time to review the reserved ticket information, as they go on sale May 15th and include some really great seats for the night’s action at reasonable pricing.
Previous Big Show Winners
06/27/17 – Big Show 9 – Tim McCreadie
07/06/16 – Big Show 8 – Stewart Friesen
08/12/15 – Big Show 7 – Jimmy Phelps
07/30/14 – Big Show 6 – Danny Johnson
07/09/13 – Big Show 5 – Brett Hearn
07/10/12 – Big Show 4 – Bobby Varin
06/21/11 – Big Show 3 – Billy Decker
06/16/10 – Big Show 2 – Jimmy Phelps
06/17/09 – Big Show 1 – Billy Decker
BRETT HEARN’S BIG SHOW is brought to you in part by sponsors and partners that include: Albany-Saratoga Speedway, BH Racing Enterprises, Recovery Sports Grill, Halmar International, VP Racing Fuels, Cedar Peaks Enterprises, Fox Racing Shocks, Madsen Motorsports, 417 Bus Line LTD, Fox Hill Camping Areas, Don Kruger Motorsports LLC, and WLR Construction Inc.