MINERSVILLE, PA – Due to the cold temperatures, the snow and the rain that has plagued us all week along with today’s windy conditions. Big Diamond Speedway has been forced to postpone tonight’s scheduled “Money in the Mountains” race until next Friday April 27th.
Track owner and promoter Jake Smulley is disappointed with the cancellation but thought it was in the fans and the team’s best interests to make this decision. “It’s unfortunate but we feel it’s best to postpone the race due to the weather we have had all week. Add in the cold predicted for tonight along with the windy conditions we thought it would be best to make this decision. This event has always produced a great field of cars and a great crowd along with some great racing and unfortunately I don’t think we would have seen any of that tonight.”
Friday night April 27th is the new date for the “Money in the Mountains” race which will follow the same format at previously described. The race will be a 40-lap feature event for the Modifieds paying $6000 to win with $400 to take the green.
The night will also include the Sportsman cars along with the Roadrunners and the 600cc Modifieds. The Street Stock division will have the night off.
The above listed events are subject to change. For more information regarding Big Diamond Speedway including points and photos along with the complete 2018 schedule please visit Big Diamond Speedway’s new website at www.bigdspeedway.net