LAFARGEVILLE, NY – In the back and forth points chase for track champion in the Whitesboro Plow Shop DIRTcar 358 Modified division at Can-Am Speedway, it was Billy Dunn’s turn to shine in his number 49. Dunn climbed up from a 10th position start after having something of a lackluster heat race.
“We weren’t too great in the heat race,” Dunn said in the Bob Johnson Auto Group Victory Lane after the race. “We really weren’t great in the early part of the feature race either, but the track changed very quickly. Once I found that line, I was lucky nobody else was there. We changed the motor this morning. I was questioning whether it was the right thing to do, and I’m glad we did.”
Dunn steadily climbed through the field and took over the lead late in the race by lap 18 of the 25 lap feature. Behind him, 19 Tim Fuller was charging up to the front of the field as well. He was unable to complete the conquest, however having to settle for third position behind Dunn and RJ Tressider. Fuller was able to nab the Roof to Rails hard charger bonus money, however.
With the victory, Dunn is back in first place in the points race for track championship, with only three races remaining, weather permitting.
Tyler Corcoran was victorious once again in the Bob Johnson Auto Group DIRTcar Sportsman feature, passing up Dalton Rombough with just two laps remaining. As Corcoran was approaching then leader Rombough, they were coming up on lapped traffic. Corcoran was able to take the low groove and that gave him the open door for the lead and the win. Corcoran scored the Roof to Rails Hard Charger award as well.
Justin White returned to victory lane in the FABCO DIRTcar Pro Stock Feature. White had to battle 57k Kevin Fetterly and x15 Tyler Bushey through most of the race to land the score for the win.
Tony Frezzo was the winner once again in the Marsha Gibbons TLC Real Estate Thunderstock feature. While Paul Deruyter returned to victory lane in the Donath Motor Worx Limited Sportsman Feature.
Racing returns to Can-Am Speedway next Friday. Visit racecanam.com for more info.
Firefighter Dash for Cash: Bob Johnson DIRTcar Sportsman:
1. 18e Gavin Eisele, 2. 64 Tyler Corcoran, 3. 3 Chris Mackey, 4. 92 Frank Sibley, 5. 7D Dustin Hutton, 6. 2 Taylor Doxtater
Whitesboro Plow Shop DIRTcar 358 Modified Feature:
1. 49 Billy Dunn, 2. 21r RJ Tresidder, 3. 19 Tim Fuller, 4. 7s Shaun Shaw, 5. 28 Jordan McCreadie, 6. 74 Lucas Fuller, 7. 27w Nick Webb, 8. 31 Lance Willix, 9. 60 Jackson Gill, 10. 39 Ryan Bartlett, 11. 45r Preston Forbes, 12. 18 Scott Webb, 13. 1 Larry Welling, 14. 26 Mike Mandigo, 15. 21h Andrew Howard, 16. 9 Tyler Meeks, 17. 23L Cameron Black, 18. 29jh Joel Hall, 19. 31jr Tom Jock Jr, 20. 66w Derek Webb, 21. 29J Jeff Sykes, 22. 24 Zach Aubertine
Bob Johnson Auto Group DIRTcar Sportsman Feature:
1. 64 Tyler Corcoran, 2. 41 Dalton Rombough, 3. Fox28 Tyler Stevenson, 4. 1R David Rogers, 5. 6 Brian Hudson, 6. 18G Justin Gadbaw, 7. 18e Gavin Eisele, 8. 3 Chris Mackey, 9. 410 Mike Fowler, 10. 32rs Ryan Shanahan, 11. 7d Dustin Hutton, 12. 92 Frank Sibley, 13. 34 Eric Nier, 14. 57H Remington Hamm, 15. 55 Daniel Reif, 16. 91 Josh Reome, 17. 1R Ricky Thompson, 18. 8 Kevin Warren, 19. 12s Kyle Sharp, 20. 10b Jaime Brown, 21. 88 Fire Swamp, 22. 2x Mike Amell, 23. 71x Delbert Legrow Jr, 24. 62 Johnathan Murphy, 25. 9s Bentley Gray, 26. 2 Taylor Doxtator
FABCO DIRTcar Pro Stock Feature:
1. 1x Justin White, 2. 57k Kevin Fetterly Jr, 3. x15 Tyler Bushy, 4. 28 Burton Ward, 5. 3 Rick Duskas, 6. 33 Pete Schroy, 7. 91 Ian Bressett, 8. 14r Ray Hughto, 9. 16x Tim Bailey
Marsh Gibbons TLC Real Estate ThunderStock Feature:
1. 22F Tony Frezzo, 2. 60 Francis White, 3. 73T Tim Greenfield, 4. 17 Mike Greenfield, 5. 11j Justin Burns, 6. 16s Steve Smith, 7. 88 Travis Berkman, 8. 22j Jared Gilson, 9. 1x Gary Sharlow, 10. 111j AJ St. Mary, 11. 61 Jerry Rogers, 12. 77G Ryan Gay, 13. 66w Ryan Wurtz, 14. 111 Colby Goodale, 15. 94 OJ White-DNS
Donath Motor Worx Limited Sportsman Feature:
1. 1D Paul Deruyter, 2. 17 Owen Nier, 3. 36M Franklin Mackin, 4. 77L John Lethley.
21047 NYS Route 411, LaFargeville, NY 13656
Hours: April – September Stock Cars Friday Night & Karts Saturday Night (per schedule)
Address: 24838 State Route 12 (Outer Bradley), Watertown, NY 13601
Phone: (315) 876 – DIRT (3478)
58 North Main Street, Adams, NY 13601