WEST HAVEN, VT – Justin Stone became a third-generation winner at Devil’s Bowl Speedway, joining father Todd and grandfather Gardner, after leading the final 10 laps of the Sportsman Modified race. Stone chased early leader Josh Masterson and then held off a hard-charging Adam Pierson at a late restart for the popular victory.
O’Reilly Auto Parts Limited Sportsman Feature – 25 Laps
1. 27 Cody O’Brien – Springfield, VT
2. 813 Jason Quenneville – Quechee, VT
3. 98 Craig Wholey – Bolton Landing, NY
4. 211 Anthony Ryan – Benson, VT
5. 13 Troy Audet – Bridport, VT
SUMMARY: First-year Modified racer Cody O’Brien was in the right place at the right time when the top-four drivers were wiped out in a crash on lap 11. O’Brien beat Craig Wholey on two quick restarts, then held off a last-lap run by Jason Quenneville for his second win in the month of June. Quenneville, who was 34th in driver points entering the night, took the runner-up finish in only his third feature start.
Super Stock Feature – 20 Laps
1. 5 Chuck Bradford – Addison, VT – First career win
2. M7 Chris Murray – Fair Haven, VT
3. 22 Mark Norris – Benson, VT
4. 3B Paul Braymer – Granville, NY
5. 55 Andrew FitzGerald – West Rutland, VT
SUMMARY: Dirt racing rookie Chuck Bradford was a first-time winner after fending off two-time champion Chris Murray in the final half of the race. Bradford, a Mini Stock champion and Modified racer on the former asphalt track at Devil’s Bowl, had to face Murray at a restart with 8 laps left, and then held off two major challenges thrown by Murray in the closing circuits.
Summit Up Construction Mini Stock Feature – 15 Laps
1. 27 Chris Conroy – Newport, NH – Substitute driver for Adam Mahoney
2. 18 Daryl Gebo – Orwell, VT
3. 10 Griff Mahoney – Bristol, VT
4. 75 Derrick Counter – Leicester, VT
5. 54JR Jakobee Alger – Orwell, VT
SUMMARY: Defending champion Chris Conroy turned a bad season around with his first win of the year, but it came with an asterisk as he drove in substitution and earned points for rookie Adam Mahoney. The Mahoney car is the fourth different machine that Conroy has driven in the 2021 season. Daryl Gebo led the first 10 laps before Chris Sumner took over, but Sumner’s car shut down suddenly with two laps left, allowing Conroy to scoot away with the win.
Friend Construction 500cc Mini Sprint Feature – 15 Laps
1. 42JR Kamden Duffy – Richmond, NH
2. 723 Ray Hanson – Orwell, VT
3. 17 Kaidin White – Monkton, VT
4. 10 John Smith – Poultney, VT
5. 73 Vern Woodard – Fair Haven, VT
SUMMARY: Kamden Duffy, 13, posted his second win of the season after a close finish with division dominator Ray Hanson. Duffy took the lead from Kaidin White on the second lap, then outlasted Hanson on a restart at the halfway point for the popular win.
ALL RESULTS UNOFFICIAL – FULL RESULTS COMING SOON!