WEST HAVEN, VT – Tanner Siemons and Frank Hoard III battled for nearly the entire race in the double-points Mid-Season Championship event, trading the lead five times officially at the start/finish line and several more times in the corners. Tim LaDuc, Demetrios Drellos, and others joined the battle near the end of the long 28-lap green flag run. Two late restarts allowed LaDuc and Drellos to give Siemons repeated challenges, but Siemons held on for his first career Devil’s Bowl win.
Sportsman Modified – 30 Laps
1. 5 Tanner Siemons – Orford, NH – First career win
2. 111 Demetrios Drellos – Queensbury, NY
3. 54 Tim LaDuc – Orwell, VT
4. 11VT Joey Scarborough – Brandon, VT
5. 60W Anthony Warren – Shoreham, VT
O’Reilly Auto Parts Limited Sportsman – 25 Laps
1. 00 Beau Reeves – Plattsburgh, NY
2. 13 Troy Audet – Bridport, VT
3. 5 Scott FitzGerald – West Rutland, VT
4. 77J Bob Kilburn – Fair Haven, VT
5. 75 A.J. Munger – Benson, VT
SUMMARY: Scott FitzGerald led the first 17 laps before Mike McGinn passed him for the lead in a bid for a major upset win, but McGinn suffered a flat tire one lap later and spun out. Beau Reeves, age 15, drove from 19th at the start to make a three-wide move for the lead with two laps left, and drove off to his second consecutive win.
Super Stock – 20 Laps
1. M7 Chris Murray – Fair Haven, VT
2. 55 Andrew FitzGerald – West Rutland, VT
3. 3B Paul Braymer – Granville, NY
4. 5 Chuck Bradford – Addison, VT
5. 22 Mark Norris – Benson, VT
SUMMARY: Chris Murray once again showed his muscle, driving from ninth at the start to lead the field six laps in, and then he waltzed off with his sixth win of the season.
Summit Up Construction Mini Stock – 15 Laps – UNOFFICIAL
1. 18T Clemmy Bell – Peru, NY – First career win
2. 7 Tim Simonds – North Clarendon, VT
3. 3 Jarrod Colburn – Rutland, VT
4. 44 Craig Kirby – St. Albans, VT
5. 6 Scott Chandler – Pittsford, VT
SUMMARY: Tim Simonds dominated the race until the final corner, when Clemmy Bell made a breathtaking move in lapped traffic that stuck. The finish of the race in unofficial pending technical inspection.
Friend Construction 500cc Mini Sprint – 15 Laps
1. 22J John McPhee Jr. – Rutland, VT
2. 11A Austin Chaves – Chester, VT (substitute for Gage Provencher)
3. 17 Kaidin White – Monkton, VT
4. 723 Ray Hanson – Orwell, VT
5. 42JR Kamden Duffy – Richmond, NH
SUMMARY: John “Bubba” McPhee Jr. ended a three-year dry spell with a popular victory, leading every lap and holding off an early challenge from Kaidin White and a late charge by Austin Chaves in the final laps.
ALL RESULTS UNOFFICIAL – FULL RESULTS COMING SOON!