GEORGETOWN, DE – The American Racer Cup presented by Sunoco hosted its pre-season tire giveaway on Saturday afternoon, rewarding racers who had already registered for the 2020 program.
Four tires each in both the Modified and Sportsman divisions were given away via random drawing of registered drivers. The Modified drawing included 99 registrants, with 90 in the Sportsman division. Program administrator Brett Deyo organized the drawing which was shown live on The American Racer Cup Facebook page.
In the Modified division, the four recipients were Duane Howard of Pennsylvania’s Big Diamond and Grandview speedways; Craig Moore from Delaware International Speedway; Alan Barker of New York’s Afton Motorsports Park; and Dayton Brewer of New York’s Woodhull Raceway.
Sportsman tire winners were Mike DuBois of Accord Speedway in New York; Bobby Flood of Afton Motorsports Park; Joe Nappi from New Jersey’s New Egypt Speedway; and A.J. Costley of Woodhull Raceway.
Certificates will be mailed to winners in the coming week.
Registration for the American Racer Cup remains open by visiting the ‘Forms’ page of the website: http://theamericanracercup.com/?page_id=26
The American Racer Cup presented by Sunoco Race Fuels enters its 11th anniversary season rewarding drivers in the Modified and Sportsman divisions for supporting their home tracks utilizing American Racer tires.
$51,450 in cash point fund and hundreds of tire certificates will be distributed throughout the season with 13 facilities in four states participating in the ’20 American Racer Cup program.
American Racer, regional distributor Lias Tire of Indiana, Pa., Sunoco Race Fuels and Northeast distributor Insinger Performance of Dushore, Pa., present the American Racer Cup each season.
Participating tracks for ’20 follow:
- Accord Speedway (Accord, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Afton Motorsports Park (Afton, N.Y.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Big Diamond Speedway (Minersville, Pa.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Bridgeport Motorsports Park (Bridgeport, N.J.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Delaware International Speedway (Delmar, Del.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Five Mile Point Speedway (Kirkwood, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Fonda Speedway (Fonda, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Grandview Speedway (Bechtelsville, Pa.) – Modified & Open Sportsman
- New Egypt Speedway (New Egypt, N.J.) – Modified, Open Sportsman & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Outlaw Speedway (Dundee, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Penn Can Speedway (Susquehanna, Pa.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
- Skyline Raceway (Blodgett Mills, N.Y.) – Crate 602 Sportsman
- Woodhull Raceway (Woodhull, N.Y.) – Modified & Crate 602 Sportsman
Once again, the American Racer Cup and Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series (STSS) Fueled By Sunoco have paired up for hefty Insinger Performance bonuses.
Should a driver with the Short Track Super Series North and South Regions plus the American Racer Cup, that driver will earn a $25,000 cash bonus. Should one driver with the Short Track Super Series North or South Region plus the American Racer Cup, a $10,000 bonus will await that driver.
Last season, Matt Sheppard of Savannah, N.Y., achieved the trio and took home a massive ‘Grand Champion’ $58,500!
To learn more about the American Racer Cup, visit the official website at www.theamericanracercup.com, e-mail email@example.com, follow on Twitter @racer_cup or on like Facebook: American Racer Cup.