PULASKI, PA – The Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Sportsman Modified Series powered by Pace Performance is set for its richest weekend in Series history. Saturday (June 24) at Sharon Speedway in Hartford, Ohio will be the annual “Manufactures Night” presented by MSD Performance featuring a Bicknell Tour event plus the 2016 “Apple Festival Nationals” make-up feature. Then on Sunday (June 25), Tri-City Raceway Park in Franklin, Pa. will host the rescheduled “Bill Emig Memorial” Bicknell Tour event. A sweep of the weekend would mean a $2,000 payday! Racing begins at 7 p.m. on Saturday and 6 on Sunday.
Saturday will mark the fourth annual “Manufacturers Night” as over $19,000 in products will be distributed to competing racers. There will be at least 37 product packages each valued at a minimum of $350 up to the grand prize of $1,420! (See complete prize list to date below.) Certificates for prizes are non-transferable and prizes must be redeemed by December 31, 2017.
MSD Performance, the “Official Ignition” of RUSH, will present all five of the Series’ Manufacturers Nights as well as providing product for giveaways. MSD was purchased by Holley Performance in 2016, which expanded their support and contribution substantially to RUSH throughout all of the divisions under the RUSH banner.
“MSD’s Manufacturers Nights have become the featured attraction of Series tour events”, stated Series Director Vicki Emig. “All told over $100,000 of actual product will be distributed to RUSH racers via these six individual special events alone, with the Sportsman Modifieds laying claim to over $19,000 of product this Saturday at Sharon. I think it speaks volumes as to how the numerous nationally recognized manufacturers feel about the RUSH concept and our efforts to provide an affordable and exciting avenue for racers to participate. I don’t think they realize just how important their contribution of tens of thousands of dollars in product for our racers helps with the overall success of the Series, and we are truly grateful for their unwavering support.”
Saturday will also feature a complete Bicknell Racing Products Touring Series event with $600 to-win in addition to the September 17, 2016 rained out $800 to-win “Apple Festival Nationals” make-up feature that will come at the end of the night. The field for the make-up feature is set. No Tour points will be awarded for the make-up feature; however, member drivers will receive Bicknell Weekly Series points. Sharon has completed three Bicknell Weekly Series events to date this season. Rocky Kugel won the opener with Kole Holden winning the last two events. Holden went on to win Saturday’s Bicknell Weekly Series event at Pittsburgh’s PA Motor Speedway.
Due to Sunday’s rain out, Tri-City will try again to host the “Bill Emig Memorial”, which will feature a Bicknell Touring Series event with $600 going to the winner. Last year, New York’s Adam Hilton won the “Bill Emig Memorial”. This year, Josh Seippel won the Bicknell Weekly Series event at Tri-City on Mother’s Day for his first career Modified win.
The Sportsman Modifieds kicked off their Bicknell Touring Series season on June 9 at Thunder Mountain Speedway for the first time ever. Kyle Martell captured the $800 win for his first career Tour victory to take the early point lead of the eight-race series. Larry Kugel won the 2015 title, while last year Brian Schaffer was the champion.
The K&N “Cold Air Induction” Dash will be run each night paying a $100 K&N certificate to win, $50 K&N certificate for second with $25 cash for third and fourth place. The dash will set the line-up for the first four positions outside of the redraw cars.
Precise Racing Products will award a $100 gift card for the “Pedal Down” Hard Charger that passes the most cars in all three features. The TBM Brakes “Tough Brake of the Night” will award three bottles of Xtreme6 Racing Brake Fluid valued at approximately $45 along with a certificate for a discount off any TBM Brakes purchase in all three events.
RUSH Officials will choose the “Maxima Performance” Award for a driver that exhibits a performance worthy of such in all three features. The winner will receive a free case of either Maxima Semi-Syn High Performance Racing Oil or Maxima Performance Racing Oil of your choice. In addition, the winner will receive one can of SC-1 clear coat, one 16-oz bottle of Maxima Cool-Aide concentrate, one 32-oz quart of Maxima PSF power steering fluid, and a Maxima t-shirt. The value of this prize package is $170!
Also, CrateInsider.com will award a $25 gift certificate to the driver that finishes last on the lead lap at the finish of each feature.
2017 Manufacturers Night presented by MSD Performance Prize List:
1. TBM Brakes – (2) F1 Tornado Calipers and (2) F3 Tornado Calipers & 3 Bottles of TBM Brake Fluid ($1,420)
2. Velocita-USA – Full Custom Drivers Suit ($1,000) (Winning driver may not have won a Velocita suit or utilized a 50% off offer in the past)
3. Lincoln Electric – Power Mig 140C Welder & Utility Cart ($700)
4. Holley – 1 Holley 0-4777C Chromate 650 Carburetor ($650)
5. Classic Ink – Quick Crew (48 Piece) Apparel Package ($600)
6. Schoenfeld Headers & Exhaust – Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System ($550)
7. Schoenfeld Headers & Exhaust – Complete RUSH Legal Header & Exhaust System ($550)
8. Jones Racing Products & Ingram Engines SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15″ Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($540)
9. Jones Racing Products & Ingram Engines SBC 602 Crate Serpentine Water Pump & Power Steering Belt Drive Kit & 1 15″ Jones Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($540)
10. FK Rod Ends – 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
11. FK Rod Ends – 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
12. FK Rod Ends – 1 Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
13. AllStar Performance/Les Myers Racing – $250 AllStar Gift Certificate & Myers Transmission Rebuild ($500)
14. Maxima Racing Oils/Jones Racing Products – Maxima Racer Appreciation Package (Contains 14 Valuable Maxima Products) & Jones Racing Products 15″ Hustler 3-Blade Fan ($475)
15. Sherwood Wheels – 2 Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
16. Sherwood Wheels – 2 Sherwood Steel Wheels ($450)
17. Sunoco/Diversified Machine – 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Crate Fuel & 1 Set of Diversified “Friction Fighter” Gears ($435)
18. Sunoco/Diversified Machine – 1 Drum of RUSH 91 Crate Fuel & 1 Set of Diversified “Friction Fighter” Gears ($435)
19. Hoosier Tire/Race 1 – 2 Hoosier Spec Tires & HEI Distributor Lock Out Kit & Ready to Run Spark Plug Kit ($430)
20. Hoosier Tire/Race 1 – 2 Hoosier Spec Tires & HEI Distributor Lock Out Kit & Ready to Run Spark Plug Kit ($430)
21. Big Daddy’s Speed Center/Pace Performance – Complete Bumper & Side Rail Kit for a Bicknell or Teo Chassis/Pace Performance $100 GC ($425)
22. Willcox Transmission/Superior Steering Wheels – Complete transmission rebuild & 1 Custom Steering Wheel ($415)
23. Oakley/Precise Racing Products/K&N Filters – 1 Pair Oakley Driving Gloves & 1 Pair Racing Shoes/K&N Filters ($405)
24. QuickCar/K&N/Big Daddy’s Speed – QuickCar Racing Products 3-Gauge Panel Assembly, $100 K&N Filters certificate & $100 Big Daddy’s certificate ($400)
25. Earl’s Performance/K&N/Big Daddy’s – Product Certificates: Earl’s Performance $200, K&N Filters $100/Big Daddy’s $100 ($400)
26. Bilstein Shocks/Landrum Springs – 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks & 2 VB Series Coil Over Springs ($360)
27. Bilstein Shocks/Landrum Springs – 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks & 2 VB Series Coil Over Springs ($360)
28. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes – Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
29. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes – Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
30. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes – Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
31. Landrum Performance Springs/TBM Brakes – Package of 4 VB Standard Coil Springs/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
32. Wedge Motorsports/TBM Brakes – 2 Bilstein RUSH Spec Shocks/TBM Brake Fluid ($350)
33. 955 Automotive/K&N/Big Daddy’s Speed Center – 1 GM 602 Tune-up Package (GM 602 Springs/1 Case Brad Penn Oil/Wix Filter/NGK Plugs), K&N Filters $100 certificate & Big Daddy’s $50 certificate ($350)
34. MSD/K&N Filters – 1 8727CT Digital Soft Touch Rev Limiter & 1 Set 8.5 mm Super Conductor Wire Set/K&N ($350)
35. MSD/K&N Filters – 1 8727CT Digital Soft Touch Rev Limiter & 1 Set 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire Set/K&N ($350)
Race Event Contingencies (K&N, Precise, Sherwood, Maxima, TBM & CrateInsider.com): ($715)
Russell King Racing: 1-Day Sportsman Modified Set-Up, Maintenance & Overall Recommendation Consultation at RKR Shop. (Driver eligible only if car/driver has not previously utilized service. Needed parts responsibility of racer) ($1,000)
CJ Rombold – 1 Chassis Dyno Session (3 Pulls) Winner May Not Have Previously Used Service ($250)
GRAND TOTAL OF MANUFACTURERS NIGHT PRODUCT POSTINGS: $19,185
Sharon & Tri-City Feature Payoff: 1. $600 2. $400 3. $300 4. $250 5. $225 6. $200 7. $170 8. $165 9. $160 10. $150 11. $140 12. $135 13. $130 14. $125 15. $120 16. $115 17. $110 18-24. $100. Tow $50.
Sharon “Apple Festival Nationals” Make-Up Feature Payoff: 1. $800 2. $500 3. $350 4. $300 5. $250 6. $220 7. $180 8. $175 9. $170 10. $165 11. $160 12. $155 13. $150 14. $145 15. $140 16. $136 17. $130 18-24. $125.
Sportsman Modified Bicknell Touring Series points (only Touring members receive points): 1. Kyle Martell 100 2. Jeremy Weaver 98 3. Anthony Gillespie 96 4. Shayne Izzo 94 5. Brandon Ritchey 92 6. Nick Ritchey 90 7. Kole Holden 89 8. Steve Slater 88 9. Jonathan Myers 87 10. Brian Schaffer 85 11. Jerry Schaffer 83 12. Jordan Ehrenberg 80 13. Blaze Myers 79 14. Jessica Kriegisch 78 15. Chas Wolbert 77 16. Chelsie Kriegisch 76 17. Justin Shea 75 18. Billy Myers 74 19. Jessica Shea 73.
You do not have to a member of RUSH to compete or be eligible for the Manufacturers Night giveaways. The AMB/MyLaps transponders are required at both Sharon and Tri-City. RACEceivers are always mandatory. The entry fee is $25 each night. Pit passes are $30 at Sharon and $35 at Tri-City. For Sharon, pits open at 4 p.m. with racing at 7. For Tri-City, pits open at 3 p.m. with warm-ups slated for 5:20 and racing at 6.
Sharon Speedway is owned by the Blaney, Weller, and Kirila Families and is a 3/8-mile dirt track located on Custer-Orangeville Road in Hartford, Ohio near the intersection of Routes 7 & 305. For more information, check out the website at www.sharonspeedway.com or call 330-772-5481. Become a fan of Sharon Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sharonspeedway and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/sharonspdwy.
Tri-City Raceway Park is a ½-mile dirt track located at 3430 Route 417, Franklin, PA 16323. For more information, check out their website at www.tricityracewaypark.com or call 814-676-2894 on race day. Like their Facebook by searching Tri-City Raceway Park and follow them on Twitter @TriCityRaceway.
RUSH Sportsman Modified marketing partners include Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Bicknell Racing Products, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Holley Performance Products, Earl’s Performance Plumbing, Quick Fuel Technology, FK Rod Ends, Maxima Racing Oil, Sherwood Racing Wheels, Schoenfeld Headers, Jones Racing Products, Alternative Power Sources, Precise Racing Products, TBM Brakes, K&N Filters, Lincoln Electric, Velocita-USA, Classic Ink USA, CrateInsider.com, RockAuto.com, and Valley Fashions.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at email@example.com and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.